MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
horenh
I have read a number of articles and have seen movies in youtube about the jump back of te start switch from GRD to Off.
But what i miss is not the technique to make it but how to acticate the servo after about 1 min.
What is the correct command and possible offset that i can use for this.

With regards
Horenh
2019-12-01 23:12
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

you have to initiate the jump back if N2 is over 56%. Use offset 0x0896 for engine 1 and 0x092E for engine 2. Here you have values between 0 and 16384 (100%). So check the value on 9128 (56% - 16384/100*56). Check this value as a precondition.
Create a config with the value of 0x0896 / 092E an name it i.e. ENG1N2
In the config for your initiate-sequence you go on precondition, hook the first entry in the list, take as kind of precondition a config entry, then choose config and take ENG1N2 and at present value take =9128 and click apply. Then this config becomes active, when ENG1N2 is =9128.

Did it work?
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-12-02 00:53
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

The question here is also "how" you will build this.

Is your servo controlling only one Knob or do you have a mechanic that reset "both" switches by the same motor ? Or do you use a solenoid ? If Solenoid is it a holding, pushing or pulling mechanic ?
Basicly each system need a own logic and other combination of conditions.

The next question is the AddOn.
Here for example PMDG give us a Offset that show the Switch Position. So We have already a indicator..... We can simply say "If Switch is in GRD Position then Servo must be "open" and if switch Poition is OFF Servo must be "moving". So if you Virtual switch swaps back from GRD to OFF then your Servo start moving mechanic and Turn the Real switch also to OFF.

Summary.....
Choose for a System ( Solenoid (Hold, Pull, Push), Springload, Servo, etc) and then build a logic.
Good Luck !
2019-12-03 09:09
horenh
Stephan
I want to make a config with 1 or 2 servos
I try to do in a test situation as you describe.
On the mega i made 1 switch with pmdg event ID 69751. And i created also a output port as described in you designation.
I think you mean with "In the config for your initiate-sequence" the start switch going from Off to GRD

What i did:
Output: ENG1N2, Pin40, FSUIPC Offset 0x0896, Int 4 Oxffffffff Display: Servo ENG1N2 0,255,50
Input: switch, PMDG event 69751 1,0 and precondition: config item ENG1N2 if current value=9128
With the precondition activ the switch is not working and i get a red warning at the start of the line
“Precondition is not satisfed”

So it is not working yet and i am probably doing sometihing wrong.
But what???????

Greatings
Horenh

With regards
2019-12-04 17:29
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again.

I remeber i buid this ( 1 servo for both switches) already for a turkish Cockpitbuilder in the past.
But in short overview i not find the topic i posted the solution.

Please try to use FORUM SEARCH, to get this topic. "Keywords maby PMDG Engine Switch "
As i know system workes grat an his cockpit..... So Logic was good.

Please try to find the topic yourself. If you not successfull then request again here. I will check then my old EMail Archives to find the private conversation. Then i can send you a mail with the fully manual and also the adress of the turkish friend.... then you can talk to him for further support.

Thanks
Good Luck !
2019-12-04 22:24
StephanHo
Supporter
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-12-04 22:36
pizman82
Supporter
Yes. Thank you.

So please try to rebuild that or use the given hints for your setup.
If you need more help please request here again with detailed problems..... Then we try to guide you!

EDIT: By the way....
Some parts of that guide are out of Date (whatever they still work) in case of a much older MF Version when i wrote this.

For example today we not need a Compare "If Value = 1 THEN 0 ELSE 0" ..... For a Config that is always Zero we can use Transform line enable with entry "0"
Also with new variable tool it is possible maby to save the Reset Config completly and include it into the main Config..... Not try this out myself . You can do if you want OR you can simply rebuild the old config system with Preconditions and multiple Configs for each Switch/Servo.
[Last edited by pizman82, 2019-12-05 01:19]
Good Luck !
2019-12-05 01:14
horenh
So far i Have treid everything that has been suggested above.
But unfortunately not led to the right solution.

So pizman82 can you give me the email adress of the turkish friend so i can make contact with him to askes
exactly to his solution

with regards HorenH
2019-12-20 18:52
pizman82
Supporter
pizman@freenet.de

I will not puplish other email adresses in puplic.
Please send me a mail.... then i can reply with the adress.
Good Luck !
2019-12-21 07:56
horenh
Pizman

I fully understand that.
My email adress is
jhhorenberg@upcmail.nl

Thanks
2019-12-22 11:49
horenh
Pizman

Have you already found the email adress of the turkish friend about the above problem.
Or do you have an adress from someone who solved this problem

Greatings
Horenh
2020-01-16 11:51
pizman82
Supporter
Mail is out....
Apollogy..... I maby overread this topic or forgott to reply.
Good Luck !
2020-01-16 13:26
icon