MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 1123Go to page 3Go to page 3
pizman82
Supporter
Not understand you guy.
You still create a LCD Display in the Past ???
If Not look into the guide .... https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/838.html

Your LCD will show simply the Value of the Placeholder(s) you define.

So Config 1 (Output) will read the Offset (And maby transform it if you like this) .... The Offset have a Range....
For example =C04 got –16383 to +16383 ... So -16383 are 6 characters overall.
Here you need NO Device

NOW Create another OutputConfig..... Offset is not important (Custum is 0000 )
Define your LCD Display here as Device.
In the Display Tab you see a EMPTY LCD Screen.
In Lower part you must define a PLACEHOLDER..... Use here the Config 1 you create to read the Value... Choose for example the % Symbol for this Placeholder and activate it.

As we said the Raw value got 6 Characters... So Write in the LCD Field for example : "Rudder: %%%%%%"
Then while RUN Mode the Display will show "Rudder: xxxxxx" (The current Value of the Rudder Trim ).

As i said... With some Tricks we can make it more optical like shown above.
Good Luck !
2019-03-20 23:31
gt

Something wrong....when trying to upload lcd display to my Arduino mega....after Mf finish upload... Arduino card was not recognized by mf and all info in card was deleted.i try few times after eprom clean and i get the same result....i cant upload lcd display but i can upload button etc until i try upload lcd display and than all info is deleted and mega is not recognized by mf.

Also i try

Offset 0C04 Size 2 Byte INT Rudder trim value/control: –16383 to +16383ls .
No input in MF when moving rudder trim knob

Please advice

Best regards
[Last edited by gt, 2019-03-23 07:20]
2019-03-23 07:02
pizman82
Supporter
Multible Problems here....

icongt:

Offset 0C04 Size 2 Byte INT Rudder trim value/control: –16383 to +16383ls .
No input in MF when moving rudder trim knob

Do you make a INPUT here.... So A real Knob should do something .... OR Do you mean this is a OUTPUT.... and nothing happens if you use the VIRTUAL Knob in PMDG ?

Basicly i need to check this system myself. Not build this and get also no report from Users here how it work. That was just a theory.... If Elevator Trim Workes i was sure the Rudder should work same way.

About LCD:
Please check your Setup. Until now no Problems are reported.... Whatever hundrets of people use still LCD with Mobiflight.
Maby you have still devices on the Board on Pins 20/21 ? The IC2 Pins must be used for LCD and NO OTHER Device is allowed to use them.
Maby you override the Limit.... Only 2 LCD per Board are possible and they must have different IC2 Adresses.
Finaly get Sure you use Mobiflight 7.5.2 with up to date FIRMWARE that is build also for 7.5.2. ( Older Firmware will crash if you use LCD )
Good Luck !
2019-03-23 14:09
gt
After eprom clean the card shoud be empty...right?
The first upload is the lcd display....than the card is stop working with mf than i need again to eprom clean.

I try to update mf and it looks like my mf is up to date to the last version.

Regarding the offset ..i turn the virtual knob in pmdg....i see the needle moves but no velues show in mf except zero in both culloms.

Regards
2019-03-23 15:04
gt

Now we need the offset :)
2019-03-23 16:02
gt

Any news regarding the rudder trim indicator offset?

Best regards
2019-03-26 17:44
pizman82
Supporter
hi. need a bit more time.

Building site at home. Tomorow the bricklayer come to build a new wall. A.t.m i can not do checks myself for some days i think !
Sorry my friend. Maby somebody else can check this if you need a quickly reply !
Good Luck !
2019-03-27 00:02
gt
When u r ready
2019-03-27 13:56
pizman82
Supporter
UPDATE:

Your right. Looks like a "little Problem" occure.

On first View PMDG not use the FSUIPC System here and also not support Data directly.
I wrote a little request to PMDG and i aslo think about a "improvisional " Solution.
Maby i need a little Brainstorming here with Stephan to help you finaly !
Good Luck !
2019-03-29 00:13
gt
thanks for the update :) im sure both of you guys will get the solution :)

one more thing...regarding the trim wheel speed....in the sim the wheel turns fast with many cycles....my trim wheel move very slow each cycle.... in pmdg the trim wheel turns like
20-50 cycles when my trim wheel end 1 cycle.

somthing is wrong with my setup or there is a way to make the stepper motor to run faster in each cycle same cycles in pmdg?

best regards
2019-03-31 09:19
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Guy

About Rudder....
No new input..... No Reply from PMDG Forum. And also no new ideas. A Improvisional solution can be done.... So the current Value is shown on the Display.....
But then the REAL Rudderposition is shown all the time.
This mean.... When you trim the Rudder to left then that is shown.... But when you use your pedals and move the Rudder manualy then this is also shown in same way.
For example while Taxi ( Front wheel steering ) every input will be shown 1:1 in the Rudder Trim Display, too,

I´m sorry but a.t.m. i see no other "easy" way. Maby with a precondition to the Joystick Axis Value..... This must be tested finaly. But i think this also not looks realistic.

About Trim Wheel. Here i can help you quickly.

iconQuote:

PMDG not goes from -16383 to +16383 ... You will see the lowest value in PMDG is maby "MINUS -5000"
So a Transform "$+5000" occure in a always positive Value. The Highest Value is maby 16384 ( With the Add of 5000 its 21384)

If this values are correct ( You must test) the Key is the "Sim-Stepper" setting.

If you use here SIM 21384 - Stepper 2048 ( For a 2048 Standard Stepper) THEN the whole trim from Lowest to highest point occure in only ONE 360° Turnaround of the Wheel.
What you need is a reduce of the SIM Value.....
For example if the Virtual Wheel turn exactly 50 times from Lowest to highest Point then calculate 21384/50 = 427,68 ~~ 428
So Sim: 428 Stepper 2048 occure that your wheel will turn exactly 50 times from Lowest to highest possible Trim !
Or in other word.... for every 428 cahnge of Value the Motor do One 360° Turn.

NOTE:
Here you must think finaly about the Max Speed of your stepper. Else you got a technical problem.

Pretty sure the Sim Wheel will turn much faster then your Real Motor can turn. If you use the same number of Turns like in Sim Wheel and your motor is slower as i promise, THEN Your Motor will turn with Delay ! For example you press the Trim Button for 5 Seconds.....The Virtual Wheel turns also 5 Seconds maby 3-4 Turns .... But your motor will turn 20 Seconds to reach the same number of 360° rotations.

Solution:
A ) You figure out the turn rate of your Motor.... And you calculate it. Then your Wheel turn slower like in sim..... But finaly it have the 1:1 "duration".

Simply use a clock and check the needed time in SIM how long it takes from ZERO to FULL .... For example 30 Seconds
THEN Make a Stepper test. Use Setting SIM 100 Stepper 2048 and Test Value 10.000 . So your stepper will turn theoretical 100 times.
Now Count the number of full circles the stepper can do in the same periode of time ( 30 seconds in this example)
If he can do 20 Turns for example THEN you should (with a little savety range of 1-2) use maby 18 Turns here. So 21384/18= 1188
(I Hope you understand what i mean .... the Number of Rotations must be compatible with the time periode of the Sim)

B ) The inverted technic is to increase the number of turns by a cogwheel.
If your Motor can do 25 Turns whatever it should do 50 turns in same time then a 2:1 Cogwheel will simply double the turns.

Summary...
I think you not need a 1:1 System here and also the speed is not realy important. Only ONE Turn is bad.... But its not important if it makes 10 or 20 finaly. Simply figure out a good value that work ok (no delay) and also looks realistic ! But sure. You can handle this 1:1 realisitc if you need it by Cogwheels.
Good Luck !
2019-03-31 16:11
gt

i try and its not realy working....again..for sure somthing i miss....

here is the readying from my MF:

Offset: 0BCO 2 FSUIPC 13336 / OUTPUT 18336 for MAX
FSUIPC -5016 / OUTPUT 21384 FOR MIN

Transform $+5000

SIM trim turns full range 70 times,

stepper moves 20 times to full range.

i try your way....21384/70=305

Sim:305 / Stepper 2048

try some other values but i keep getting same result

what im doing wrong

thank you
[Last edited by gt, 2019-03-31 18:45]
2019-03-31 18:14
pizman82
Supporter
Again. i must test it, to give you a correct information.

If you like to figure out yourself, you must go the "already known" way.....

First: Find out how the offset work....

Read the Offset ( ne device needed) and check.... What is Value if you go to lowest trim..... What is value if you go to highest trim.
Do this 2-3 times to test if Value is always the same or if there is a "variation" maby.

If you understand the Offset ( As i remember it was -5000 to +16300 maby) then you can make a correct transform..... Simply $+ the value at lowest point to terminate the negative range...... If Lowest Value is -5000 in your testings then $+5000 is fine..... So the lowest Point is Now ZERO..... The Highest point is now the FSUIPC Value of highest Point PLUS 5000 ( in that example)

Finaly you got a range..... Like in example 0 to 21384 .
And THEN you can set your Stepper to work with it,

Please do another try..... Report your results. if you can fix it, all is fine. If not i will have a look on it maby wednesday or thursday.
Good Luck !
2019-03-31 22:08
pizman82
Supporter
UPDATE: Just rethink your comment !

icongt:

Offset: 0BCO 2 FSUIPC 13336 / OUTPUT 18336 for MAX
FSUIPC -5016 / OUTPUT 21384 FOR MIN

Transform $+5000

Thats finaly NOT possible.....

You use Transform $+5000 !
FSUIPC Value 13336 ---> Output Value 18336 is correct ! ( 13336+5000=18336)
BUT
FSUIPC Value -5016 ---> Output Value 21384 is NOT possible ! ( -5016 + 5000 = -16 )

Possible Problem:

A ) Simply your informations here are wrong ... Please Confirm this values realy occure in your config
B ) You have a wrong Entry in the Config..... Maby you got a COMPARE like If Value <0 THEN $=21384 Or you have a wrong Interpolation in use.
Please check.... With the Transform enabled the config need normaly NO Compare and NO Interpol.
Good Luck !
2019-04-01 08:34
gt
Yes... The reading 18352 for max and -5016 for min

So i need to change to $+5016?
[Last edited by gt, 2019-04-01 16:38]
2019-04-01 16:03
Go to page 1Go to page 1123Go to page 3Go to page 3