MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
buddym
I have encoders working well, can't figure out how to swap radio active/standby frequencies. I can see the button push event in the Mobiflight debug log, but no action in Xplane using the default FSUIPC offsets. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Buddy
2019-04-10 18:26
pizman82
Supporter
As you know..... Xplane is not the best friend of Mobiflight.

EventID are not possible with Xplane.... So you must try the Standard Offsets.

iconQuote:

3123 1 Radio Use/Standby swap toggles, Write bits to operate toggles.
Don’t bother to read it, there’s no meaning to anything read.
2^3 COM1 swap
2^2 COM2 swap
2^1 NAV1 swap
2^0 NAV2 swap

If this not work please check if you use a AddOn. Please also try with a Xplane Standard Aircraft !
Good Luck !
2019-04-10 19:14
buddym
Hi pizman!

I got this working.

Com1:
On Press set byte to 8
On Release set byte to 0

same for all other toggles, just change the values as mentioned above.

Com1 = 8
Com2 = 4
Nav1 =2
Nav2 = 1

thanks,
Buddy
[Last edited by buddym, 2019-04-10 22:09]
2019-04-10 20:04
pizman82
Supporter
Thats Right ( But maby to difficult)

I not try out myself cause i use EventID in FSX..... But logical i think the "Relase set to Zero" is not needed .
Thats a "Input Value" that is set back after a Entry itself normaly! (Thats why it include Note " Not possible to read)

So i´m pretty sure you can "terminate" the On Release Commands here and it will work also !

By the way....
The Values are correct .... Thats just simply "binary logic"
Byte have 8 Bits :
2^0 means the First (Right) BIT.... So 0000.000X .... 2^1 means the second Bit So 0000.00X0 . and so on.
So For example COM2 is 2^2 ... Means the third Bit .... It shows 0000.0100 And thats in Decimal "4"

This 2^x logic is overall in Computer system... 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096 and so on.
For example a Stepper got 2048 Steps.... a MEGA Byte include 1024 Kilobytes in theory... There exist 256 Colors in VGA ..... You got a 32 or 64 Bit Windows .
It´s HIGH RECOMMEND to learn this line of "2^x" Numbers. That will be needed every day !
Good Luck !
2019-04-13 22:29
rodo2212
iconpizman82:

As you know..... Xplane is not the best friend of Mobiflight.

EventID are not possible with Xplane.... So you must try the Standard Offsets.

iconQuote:

2^3 COM1 swap
2^2 COM2 swap
2^1 NAV1 swap
2^0 NAV2 swap

If this not work please check if you use a AddOn. Please also try with a Xplane Standard Aircraft !

Hi. There is any video help or a manual where dummy people can try to do something with the swap radio a nav button, eve change values from mhz, kz. On fsx was easy an i did get throught, but I did no understand .
Com1:
On Press set byte to 8
On Release set byte to 0

same for all other toggles, just change the values as mentioned above.

Com1 = 8
Com2 = 4
Nav1 =2
Nav2 = 1.

And this friends says that works. But he is no mentioned wich things he chooses.
Regards Luis.
2020-08-17 00:39
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Sorry but i case of translation i not understand the basic question..... Whats your Problem exactly ??

Note: You talk about two different things..... Swap the Standby and active frequency is done by the listd offset ( explaned above)
Swapping between Mhz and Khz with only one Encoder and a Push Button is a other story..... Here the guide is in the Forum Stickys.
Good Luck !
2020-08-17 11:47
rodo2212
iconpizman82:

Hi

Sorry but i case of translation i not understand the basic question..... Whats your Problem exactly ??

Note: You talk about two different things..... Swap the Standby and active frequency is done by the listd offset ( explaned above)
Swapping between Mhz and Khz with only one Encoder and a Push Button is a other story..... Here the guide is in the Forum Stickys.

Hi. Thank you very much to replay. I will try to explain my self and clear as I could. I move to Xplane 11. Before I was using FSX and even P3D and my Radio and Nav was easy to programed with Fsuipc offset list. The things is that on Xplane 11 I am try to do it and I cant find out the next things I will mention below.
1. I have one rotary encoder(the push button is working too) and I need to be able to change the the frecuency in both side of COMM STANDBY and then I will add another button to swap COMM STANDBY to ACTIVE.
2. The samething with the nav.

I did find the swap STANDBY to ACTIVE on COMM1 but NO find it to do it on the NAV option. And I couldnt find out how to changes values on the COMM STANDBY

I hope you can help.
There is no a course to show up how you can work with mobiflight? Have you think about make one even on Zoom showing step by step how you can do things. There is no chance to no one to move to another plataform cause mobiflight is amazing as you can work with it but you need to learn how by you guys.
Regards and cheer to MOBIFLIGHT.
Regards Luis
2020-08-17 16:18
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Again

Here XPLANE and your used AddOn maybe is the Problem !
Normaly most elements of FSUIPC are also simmulated in XPUIPC.... But sometimes a little different.
I not use Xplane so i can not find out or test for you..... So i can give just "basic" informations and you must test youreself.

About the Swap:
Here all is explaned above.... In FSUIPC ( and hopefully also in Xplane) this is done by ONE Offset for 4 Systems.
iconQuote:

2^3 COM1 swap
2^2 COM2 swap
2^1 NAV1 swap
2^0 NAV2 swap

This means The most right Bit ( Bit 0) is NAV2 Swap ..... If you send to this Offset Binary " 0000 0001" this execute the command "NAV2 swap" .
So... 2^0 means "0000 0001" or in decimal this would be "1"
For NAV1 its 2^1 .... Thats in binary "0000 0010" and in Decimal "2"
COM2 is 2^2 .... Binary 0000 0100 Decimal "4"
COM1 is 2^3.... Binary 0000 1000 Decimal "8"

So you got 2 Ways to handle this..... You can use the "Bitmask" in Mobiflight and choose only the needed BIT there.... For example in the Config for the COM1 Swap button you disable all Checkmarks except Bit 3 ( the forth bit from the right) . If you then send a "1" on Press Mobiflight will write exactly that Bit.

The other way is to send a simple decimal value to the full Byte.
This will wright all 8 Bits ( and not only the needed one) BUT thats no problem aslong we write all unneeded bits to Zero !
So if we send a decimal "8" this will execute binary "0000 1000" .... So same Result : We write again Bit3 to "1" and the other Bits same time to Zero !

About the Double Use of a Encoder with the Psuhbutton ( To swap between Khz and Mhz) .... Check this.... https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/652.html
Old Topic with missing Pictures..... But maybe you still understand the logic. ( Check also the Video link at the end of this topic)

About the Com Standby.... Here you must check the AddOn. Please use a standard Xplane Aircraft for testing. You can only controll the standard Standby Frequency. If you have a AddOn that use a internal frequency this can not directly controll.

About the tutorial.
We not build those videos ourself..... But many Users do this.
Please go to Youtube and search for "Mobiflight" You fill find hundrets of Videos and guides!
For example This guy do a great work here ...... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8z5SHQhi9veBOAaFPZffNA/featured

Ask if you need more informations !
Good Luck !
2020-08-18 11:53
rodo2212
iconpizman82:

Hi Again

Here XPLANE and your used AddOn maybe is the Problem !
Normaly most elements of FSUIPC are also simmulated in XPUIPC.... But sometimes a little different.
I not use Xplane so i can not find out or test for you..... So i can give just "basic" informations and you must test youreself.

About the Swap:
Here all is explaned above.... In FSUIPC ( and hopefully also in Xplane) this is done by ONE Offset for 4 Systems.

iconQuote:

2^3 COM1 swap
2^2 COM2 swap
2^1 NAV1 swap
2^0 NAV2 swap

This means The most right Bit ( Bit 0) is NAV2 Swap ..... If you send to this Offset Binary " 0000 0001" this execute the command "NAV2 swap" .
So... 2^0 means "0000 0001" or in decimal this would be "1"
For NAV1 its 2^1 .... Thats in binary "0000 0010" and in Decimal "2"
COM2 is 2^2 .... Binary 0000 0100 Decimal "4"
COM1 is 2^3.... Binary 0000 1000 Decimal "8"

So you got 2 Ways to handle this..... You can use the "Bitmask" in Mobiflight and choose only the needed BIT there.... For example in the Config for the COM1 Swap button you disable all Checkmarks except Bit 3 ( the forth bit from the right) . If you then send a "1" on Press Mobiflight will write exactly that Bit.

The other way is to send a simple decimal value to the full Byte.
This will wright all 8 Bits ( and not only the needed one) BUT thats no problem aslong we write all unneeded bits to Zero !
So if we send a decimal "8" this will execute binary "0000 1000" .... So same Result : We write again Bit3 to "1" and the other Bits same time to Zero !

About the Double Use of a Encoder with the Psuhbutton ( To swap between Khz and Mhz) .... Check this.... https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/652.html
Old Topic with missing Pictures..... But maybe you still understand the logic. ( Check also the Video link at the end of this topic)

About the Com Standby.... Here you must check the AddOn. Please use a standard Xplane Aircraft for testing. You can only controll the standard Standby Frequency. If you have a AddOn that use a internal frequency this can not directly controll.

About the tutorial.
We not build those videos ourself..... But many Users do this.
Please go to Youtube and search for "Mobiflight" You fill find hundrets of Videos and guides!
For example This guy do a great work here ...... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8z5SHQhi9veBOAaFPZffNA/featured

Ask if you need more informations !

Sorry mister but I am it didnt help me I tried to guess the pusch button and followed the tutorial but I could get throught, So if you let do a new post to open to the rest of the comunity i will be glad, Looks like there is no too much options to Xplane 11.
I didnt now where to write the bits you said to makes it works. No idea of where to write 2^3 to COM1 swap. This https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/652.html didnt help to, cause at the droplist it doesnt say any options to make change, Decrese in Increment MHZ o KHZ.
I will wait for you if you let me do a new post and I will tray to show pictures too.
Regards. Luis.
2020-08-18 22:14
pizman82
Supporter
@ Luis.

At First:
If you be able to Join DISCORD https://discord.gg/99vHbK7 that would be cool. There we can talk together for free ( all over the world) All you need is a Headset or a Smartphone and a Internet connection. We can also Share our Screens together, ue webcam if needed or can share files.

I see you got lots of questions and your still at the beginning.
That linked guide or my explanetation above work well if you know what "binary" and "bitmask" is an how it work. If you not have this basic knowledge then we get in trouble here.
Basicly googel and reading is helpefull to learn all the "basic stuff" you need to work with Mobiflight..... But sure its more comfortable if you ask me a direct question and i will explane you what you need.

Summary: I not wan´t attack you BUT a little self motivation is needed here. :P
For example the linked Youtube Chanel i recommend to you. If you check his Videos you will see he makes a guide exactly what you request to me..... He explane how to set a Button to swap between Mhz and Khz...... Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlxT3i1fvN0
So you not need the "old" Forum Guide without pictures..... He shows you all you need in this UpToDate Video !
Good Luck !
2020-08-19 12:42
rodo2212
iconpizman82:

@ Luis.

At First:
If you be able to Join DISCORD https://discord.gg/99vHbK7 that would be cool. There we can talk together for free ( all over the world) All you need is a Headset or a Smartphone and a Internet connection. We can also Share our Screens together, ue webcam if needed or can share files.

That linked guide or my explanetation above work well if you know what "binary" and "bitmask" is an how it work. If you not have this basic knowledge then we get in trouble here.
Basicly googel and reading is helpefull to learn all the "basic stuff" you need to work with Mobiflight..... But sure its more comfortable if you ask me a direct question and i will explane you what you need.

For example the linked Youtube Chanel i recommend to you. If you check his Videos you will see he makes a guide exactly what you request to me..... He explane how to set a Button to swap between Mhz and Khz...... Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlxT3i1fvN0
So you not need the "old" Forum Guide without pictures..... He shows you all you need in this UpToDate Video !

Mister. I no felling any attack from you. The best things that mobiflight has is the community and people ready to help. I wont promise nothing but I will see the video you sent. Yesterday when I click to the link. It send me to his channel, and I didnt see this one in particular. So far I let ou know that I was checking the discord as wel, Let see If I can do it my my self seeing this video, Other wise I will return to you and we cant arrange a meetng on discord. I really want to learn.
Repeat. I am a 40 years old boy that want to learn. Cheers to mobiflight.
Regards. Luis.
2020-08-20 01:45
rodo2212
iconpizman82:

@ Luis.

At First:

Hi pizman82. I am working straing with Ruudd ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlxT3i1fvN0) the owner of this video. It looks like I am having a problem with something else that is no giving me permission to input data from mobiflight to xplane. We suspect that is something about XUIPC for xplane. can you suggest a link, that probably is different from the one I download the xuipc to try that instead. Ruud and I having doing certain test and I having following his ideas and commands and no chances.
Regards Luis.
2020-08-25 18:12
pizman82
Supporter
No i can not..... Cause i never use Xplane and i not plan for it..... I´m a FSX Guy .... So i use P3D and prety sure FS2020 in the future but i´m out of Xplane completly.

Basicly.... XPUIPC is a selfbuild freeware. And as i know the main puplisher stops working on it long long time ago.
So i not know if that specific Offset (swapping ComNav) was ever included. Maybe Yes .... Maybe Not.
And Sure.... within the time goes by lots of other people reworked that software and use/share there own Versions.

So your main question is..... Does YOUR Version include this feature..... If not you can try a lot of other versions. And if finaly not working you need to use some scripting and reworking the cfg file so the needed dataref is included by yourself.

badly i can not help here myself. Hopefully a Xplane User reply.... Or you need to request in some Xplane Forums.
Good Luck !
2020-08-26 00:27
rodo2212
iconpizman82:

No i can not..... Cause i never use Xplane and i not plan for it..... I´m a FSX Guy .... So i use P3D and prety sure FS2020 in the future but i´m out of Xplane completly.

Basicly.... XPUIPC is a selfbuild freeware. And as i know the main puplisher stops working on it long long time ago.
So i not know if that specific Offset (swapping ComNav) was ever included. Maybe Yes .... Maybe Not.
And Sure.... within the time goes by lots of other people reworked that software and use/share there own Versions.

So your main question is..... Does YOUR Version include this feature..... If not you can try a lot of other versions. And if finaly not working you need to use some scripting and reworking the cfg file so the needed dataref is included by yourself.

badly i can not help here myself. Hopefully a Xplane User reply.... Or you need to request in some Xplane Forums.

Thank you pizman82. I will write if you dont mind to the community right here to see if someone can help me with. I dont have any idea about how to make cfg file or reworks one.
Any way thank you very much, If I sort something out I will write back.
Regards Luis.
2020-08-26 14:35
icon