MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
dlaque1
Hi all. I cannot for the life of me get my flap gauge to work with my PMDG 737 :(
I built it just like the tutorial but it only works with default aircraft !!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!! I dont understand where to get or even enter the offsets for pmdg !!!!
2019-04-14 18:23
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi dlaque1,

welcome to MobiFlight!

Your infos are a bit sparse. You are using a PMDG 737 - ok
Which offsets and/or EventIDs did you use?

Close your sim, Mobiflight and all other programs you intend to use - if they are running.

Did you activate the dataflow in the 737NGX_Options.ini?

Go to the root folder of your simulator. Then open ..\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini

Insert in this file i.e. at the end:

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

and save the file.

Now your PMDG will send its data to MobiFlight and you can use the PMDG specific Offsets and EventIDs.
Now you can reopen your sim and Mobiflight and it should work ;)
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-04-14 19:08
dlaque1
Hi, and thanks for the response :)
I use a lot of goflight and Opencockpits hardware so I’m pretty sure that enabledatabroadcast is already set but I’ll check :) Where do you enter the offset ??? I have found a list for the PMDG 737 .. it has sdk and offset values... I’m just not sure where to enter them !! I’m running P3D 4.5 with Goflight interface, Spad next and Linda if that helps, I also have a paid version of Fsuipc .
Your help is greatly appreciated :)
2019-04-14 20:34
dlaque1
Im sorry its SDK value and event ID not offset.
2019-04-14 20:48
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

have a look on this tutorial:

https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/5649.html
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-04-14 21:36
dlaque1
Interesting but I built mine with a servo, that one uses a stepper motor ... how does that apply ?? Really new to this so please pardon me :)
2019-04-14 21:57
StephanHo
Supporter
Oh, you have only told that you built a flap gauge. Because I built one with a stepper I did not think of a servo.

So please look above, there you can see right of Mobiflight the word Tutorials. The last entry is a tutorial for a flap gauge with a servo.
The offsets itself are in the root folder of your sim and there in ...\Modules\FSUIPC Documents - folder.
The way to work with the offsets is shown in the tutorial. There were used the ones for a standard plane. Replace it with the one from the list of your FSUIPC-Documents folder.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-04-15 00:26
pizman82
Supporter
icondlaque1:

Hi all. I cannot for the life of me get my flap gauge to work with my PMDG 737 :(
I built it just like the tutorial but it only works with default aircraft !!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!! I dont understand where to get or even enter the offsets for pmdg !!!!

Thats not possible i think..... If your gauge work for Standard Offsets it work also with PMDG.....
Sure... PMDG got a "better" Offset for the Flaps (0-40 instead of a 16383 2 Byte Value) BUT.... The Standard Offsets normaly work paralell to PMDG.... So your gauge will work !

As Stephan said.... The linked guide is for steppers.... But the "Logic" of the Config is 1:1 the same..... Only the settings in the "Display" Tab are Stepper sprecific..... So if you read the tutorial for the Servo Flaps Gauge AND You read the Tutorial of the Stepper (Stephan linked) then you have BOTH needed informations.
A ) How to work with a Servo .... and B ) How to work with the PMDG Offset and how to Compare/Interpolate it.
Good Luck !
2019-04-15 11:00
dlaque1
Thanks Pizman ... that was it...read the fsuipc and outputs and set it up that way ... works AWESOME!!! Time to donate some funds to a great group of awesome people like you ... thanks so much !!!!
Only thing is it’s slow to respond but it’s acurate !!!!!
2019-04-15 16:02
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

if MF is slow, please check the debugging mode and switch it OFF. Menu -> EXTRAS -> SETTINGS -> LOGGING (hook away)
Logging should only be used for testing purposes and should normally be turned off.
To test new configs then turn it each time on (if necessary)
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-04-15 16:38
pizman82
Supporter
icondlaque1:

Thanks Pizman Time to donate some funds to a great group of awesome people like you ... thanks so much !!!!

Just to clarify that.....
Donations still go to Sebastian.... To pay the server costs , the testing equipment and a bit to reward his work.
My support (and also Stephans) is not payed in any way. I just say that cause i not wan´t that somebody here think he need to pay to get more help or faster replys.
So Stephan and me also could not see if somebody have donate or not.
I´m just a user like all others, who love this Project.... And I "donate" my time and knowledge to support the project.

So... Feel free to send some bucks for the Software.... Sebastian will be thankful pretty sure.
For my "work" a simply "Thanks :thumbup: " is enough..... I be still happy if i could help you guys !
Good Luck !
2019-04-16 13:19
icon