MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Peter_Storm
Hi!

Does this software support something like CD74HC406, to have loads and loads of I/O?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16CH-Analog-Digital-MUX-Breakout-Board-CD74HC4067-Precise-module-Arduino-/182580673016?epid=853830901&hash=item2a82a7f9f8:g:U4gAAOSwuMZZHU6v
2017-09-09 20:15
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Peter,

no, MobiFlight does not support ICs like 74HC4067 (analog multiplexer/demultiplexer). What do you want to switch with?
Grüße,
Stephan
2017-09-10 00:22
Peter_Storm
Well, in ArdSim (the X Plane equivalent of Mobiflight), the next version is going to suppprt it, and use it for having 16 I/O pr. Arduino Mega pin.

Sounds pretty clever :)
2017-09-10 01:05
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

At First Thank you for this input.... We still happy for every new idea and inspiration !

We talk about all this stuff some time ago.....
Some users request for a LED System over Max7219.... Some others for a shift register... Or another System like this.

I know via Open source a guy startup to build some things but i think he stop already and not come back. For Sebastian it´s difficult to implement all these things with his verry limmited time.

Summary Mobiflight got ONE big argument at the moment..... It have no limit for used Arduinos. ( Maby Windows Limit of 128 but nobody reach this) .... So even if you need 1000 Switches and 1000 Outputs..... That can be done with maby 40-45 Arduinos..... That means... A System to have 16 Switches on One Pin is maby cool but not needed absolutly.... cause you simply can use more Arduinos and get same result.... With a price of below 10$ for a MEGA that is not a problem at all.

BUT:
Information is checked..... Support for Matrix Input/Output is on wish list ! Maby Sebastian still work on it !
Good Luck !
2017-09-11 20:56
Peter_Storm
iconpizman82:

Hi

At First Thank you for this input.... We still happy for every new idea and inspiration !

We talk about all this stuff some time ago.....
Some users request for a LED System over Max7219.... Some others for a shift register... Or another System like this.

I know via Open source a guy startup to build some things but i think he stop already and not come back. For Sebastian it´s difficult to implement all these things with his verry limmited time.

Summary Mobiflight got ONE big argument at the moment..... It have no limit for used Arduinos. ( Maby Windows Limit of 128 but nobody reach this) .... So even if you need 1000 Switches and 1000 Outputs..... That can be done with maby 40-45 Arduinos..... That means... A System to have 16 Switches on One Pin is maby cool but not needed absolutly.... cause you simply can use more Arduinos and get same result.... With a price of below 10$ for a MEGA that is not a problem at all.

BUT:
Information is checked..... Support for Matrix Input/Output is on wish list ! Maby Sebastian still work on it !

Awesome to hear! And thank you for your great work! :)

And of course, we are almost unlimited, it just feel better jo connect to a few Arduinos instead of having 10 of them :D
2017-09-15 09:29
ismail3434
i hope new version will have for CD74HC4067 to use
2018-08-30 01:10
ismailsurek37
How can possible is the using Lua script with mobiflight .
Lua ; seem on configurator when building up the sooftware
can anyone describe how to use can using Lua because if possible,
Using 74HC4067 multiplexer can use for input so we will have more ports
we were used Lua inputs( button switch and comutator ) for FWD and AFT overhead with 2 arduino mega
but need to working hard to use this for outputs
2019-12-14 18:27
icon