MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

FredrikH
iconStephanHo:

Hi Fredrik,

the insulation should already be. But the connections are small sleeves. Strip the cables 3-4mm, twist them and push them into the sleeve, then solder. Then the cable insulation is very close to the terminal and does not need to be extra insulated.

But if you use ribbon cable, I would stabilize the cable ends after soldering with shrink tubing, so they do not break under mechanical stress.

Hi

I am useing this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Core-Hookup-Wire-1-0-6-mm-apx-22AWG-Breadboard-Jumpers-11-colours-1-100m/121933533026?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

I think they do not need to be extra stabilized :)

Ok, the sleves working as insulation for the cables?

Game control: Razer Nostromo, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.
2018-09-11 22:06
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Fredrik,

that's not a cable, it's a wire. In a cable you have combined in an insulation several thin wires to a cable (that is strand). These are more flexible and stable under mechanical stress.
Cables have only one wire, are less stable and break easily.
In this respect, one should secure cables in the sea against mechanical stress.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-09-11 23:08
FredrikH
iconStephanHo:

In this respect, one should secure cables in the sea against mechanical stress.

What do you mean?

Should I wrap electric tejp or somthing like that around the wires to get a more thinker i one against mechanical stress?

2018-09-12 23:33
StephanHo
Supporter
Oh no, this last sentence is nonsense!

I just wanted to show the difference between a cable and a cable.
Flex is simply more flexible and durable than a single wire.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-09-13 00:33
FredrikH
Hi all

The time is is flying and my knowledges is has grown much in past months. In aug 2018 I was past starting a two-years education in webdevelopment :)

My dream for the cockpit project has change a litle. Because I have learnt Javascript an ReactJS I will program the all thing in JS and connect my Arduinoes according:

1 - Connect by Node js Server with a module named Johnny-five
2 - FSUIPC connection is by a moduler for FSUIPC.
3 - See the status of all my components in a webbpage.

Add:
Is there some way reading the fsuipc data out of the Mobiflight and past it ino a txt file, I can then useing the txt file into javascript and read out what string I am receving :)

Best Fredrik Hjärpe
[Last edited by FredrikH, 2019-03-11 10:20]

2019-03-09 15:15