MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

FredrikH
Hi All

I have google it but do not found it yet but I asume that you can program the CDU for PMDG737ngx as well with offsett in your program :)

I need a flexiable solution for the CDU nor plug & play solution, my panel must be so flexiable so you can fly a Airbus in the future!

I need just to get it confirmed before I begin :)

Best Fredrik

Game control: Razer Nostromo, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.
2018-04-15 10:05
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Fredrik,

I'm not sure what you want. Should it be a built-in or a stand-alone solution?
Built-in means for me, the CDU is integrated into the pedestal and stand-alone a remote (flexible) solution.

If you are looking for a solution that works for both the PMDG and the Airbus, a different approach is needed.

Both aircraft have a different keyboard layout. This can be solved by using different keyboard layouts. The problem arises with the optical elements that are additionally or elsewhere available on the Airbus.

Since I am currently building a FMC for the PMDG, I know what I am talking about. Different keyboard layouts should be almost impossible, unless you are very skilled in crafting.

With Mobiflight you just need a different keyboard evaluation, because the number of keys is the same, only they then occupy other functions. The real Crux should be the key label, because I lack any experience.

Have a look at both devices at Hispapanels (http://www.hispapanels.com - search for FMC [B737] or MCDU [A320]), then you'll get an idea of ​​what's coming.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-04-15 11:58
FredrikH
I have a touchscreen i am going to use for the CDU and the components that has not any physical hardware :)

I do have Airmanager från SimInnovation I will use for that ;)

Then I planning to have both the PFD and MFD into my panel but I have two possible solutions for that:

1.)
Use small monitors 7-10 tum. Connect them to a second computer or same as FSX and use the display from the cockpit, drag and drop?

2.)
Use small monitors 7-10 tum. Connect them to one or two Raspberyy PI and use airmanager for it?

3.)
How many inc should I use as minimum to: PFD, MFD and ECIAS?

Maybe you have another better solution for the displays?
[Last edited by FredrikH, 2018-04-15 18:19]

2018-04-15 16:07
FredrikH
Hi

The project is growing. Lost couple of weeks since my computer shutdown :(

With a new motherboard in place I keep working. I have started the connection of my Arduino cards. As some of you know I have dif.. types of components and I know the maximum pc of components in one board etc etc.

The thing is I do not know if I mix with led-light, led display switches ..... Can I just calculate the components at one board and simply adding its mA from each and sum it?

Best Fredrik

2018-06-14 15:40
pizman82
Supporter
Basicly Yes.... You must calculate the needed Power ( Think about how many outputs can be ON ( Need power) at same time).

Finaly it´s recommend to split the Power needed devices over more boards if possible.

If you need for example summary 160 Pins for your project then you need 4 Megas.
So then NOT set all LED on one Mega..... Split it over all 4 . Fill up with INPUTS the other Pins ( Cause Inputs need no power)

Same with LED 7 Segments....
I Personaly would recommend to split them. If you need 8 Displays.... Not make a Chain of 8... Set 2 Displays on every Board ( If you use 4 Megas like in example) ... If Pins free set every Display single instead of a 2 Display Chain per board.

My technic is to split electrical Power over all Boards.... AND Split CPU work to all boards.
Why sending a 16 Byte Data over ONE CPU to controll 8 Displays if you can split it to 2 Byte Blocks over 4 CPU´s.

BUT That only MY personal technic... You can do it like you want !
Good Luck !
2018-06-14 16:42
FredrikH
iconpizman82:

Basicly Yes.... You must calculate the needed Power ( Think about how many outputs can be ON ( Need power) at same time).

BUT That only MY personal technic... You can do it like you want !

I will do it too :)

I am now at a point where I need test the first cards connection :)

Some question:
1.)
Can you test the input from a switch just like you can with a led-light?

2.)
I have much configurating is that some xml file or something so I can make the configuraton phrase a much faster?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have Facebood?
I have a image from my projectif you like to see?:)

Best Fredrik

2018-06-28 14:01
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again.

1. Testing

You can activate the Loggging Mode for testing.... ( Settings--> Logging Mode Enable ---> Typ Debug for example)
Then you have a 3 Line Datastring below the Mobiflight Main Window.
If you Press or Release a Button and its ok it should give you a message about that.

The other way ( I use) is making a testing config simply in a new File. Click "NEW" in Mobiflight. For testing a button for example create a single INPUT Device.
Choose THIS Button as device .
And now choose a function that work 100% ( Already tested ) like Parking Brake.
Much better ( for me) is to use KEY SEND . I send for example On Press a "A" and on Release a "B"
Then i open a text Programm like Windows Editor ... Run Mobiflight ( In Offline Mode without FSX or normaly if you have FSX active same time) .... And i press my button.
If all is OK then in text programm every press write a "A" and every Release a "B" .. Press Button 10 times and it should show "abababababababababab"

2. Editing

Yes this is possible. Whatever the setting of new things is much more comfortable via Mobiflight GUI.
You use normaly the EDIT in case of issues.... Or if you need to sort your entrys ( In MF you can not move entrys Up or Down..... Via Copy and paste you can mark a config (script) and can set it another position. )

Simply open the MCC File with a text editor. ( its clear text.... No Compiler is need)
It work with standard EDITOR of Windows.... But i recommend a bit advanced Software like "Notepad++" This will highlight commands in a other color and format the script in a better format to see start end end of elements better..... Its freeware !

3. Facebook
Yes i got... https://www.facebook.com/peter.lang.129
But please contact me NOT via messenger. I not use it. Com only over Forum, Email or via WhatsApp in special situations.
[Last edited by pizman82, 2018-06-28 15:55]
Good Luck !
2018-06-28 15:49
FredrikH
Why does Mobiflight not use the pin 0 and 1?

2018-07-04 20:12
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Frederik,

the explanation is quite simple:

Pin 0 + 1 are, as it is also on the board RX0 and TX0.

These two ports are internally connected to the USB bus who transfers the data from the PC to the board. If there is now a switch or something other as device connected, the PC can not send anything to the board, even new firmware.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-07-04 22:45
FredrikH
Hi

When I am testing today. The Mobifight software willl not start when the Arduino card is connected?

When the Arduino is disconnected the software starts!

I have looked at the running apps and service. When the problem is acuringh the Mobnifligt is startin but is suddenly turn to state paused?
[Last edited by FredrikH, 2018-08-19 12:55]

2018-08-19 12:28
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Frederik,

if Mobiflight does not start, then you have an error in you .mcc-config file.

Solution: rename the .mcc-config file so that Mobiflight can not find it. MF should start then with an empty configuration. Then you can load your renamed file manually. If it then stops with an error you should investingate the position of the error.
So make new files. One contains only the inputs, the other one only the outputs. One (or perhaps both) will break with an error. If it is only one file you begin with one entry, if error free with two and so on. Finally you will geht the error-configuration.

Note: Always before testing make a security copy of your current configuration file!
[Last edited by StephanHo, 2018-08-19 18:31]
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-08-19 16:19
FredrikH
It worked :)

I know what you have told me - copy and paste ;)

Best Fredrik
[Last edited by FredrikH, 2018-08-19 17:49]

2018-08-19 17:25
StephanHo
Supporter
Fredrik,

many roads lead to Rome. If yours works then everything is fine.
The important thing is to eliminate the mistake. Thinking of backup copies in the future - saves work ;)
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-08-19 18:36
FredrikH
Ok, that fault came againg yesterday. What cause that so I can avoid that?

2018-08-21 08:58
StephanHo
Supporter
I think that can not be avoided.

Meanwhile I secure each working configuration in a separate directory. If something goes wrong when saving, I'll just get the last working file.
Before saving, leave Mobiflight and start again immediately. Then the last file is loaded. If the file is ok, it can be secured.
You have to know that Mobiflight checks every configuration entry when loading for plausibility. This also applies to entries that were not activated with a hook.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-08-21 09:54