MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
pilotincmd
I programmed the board as shown in tutorial but no effect on flightsim.I set fuiipc offset to brake on and used preset. I uploaded configuration and ran the program. At the bottom right it show it is running. I flip toggle switch but it doesnt have any effect.In the tutorial it states that you have to run a program in fsuipc to connect to flight sim but xpuipc doesnt have the equivelent to fsuipc tuse key press and i believe "micro mapping" What am i missing or doing wrong ?
2017-05-27 03:18
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Welcome to Mobiflight.

Maby i not complete understand your situation......

You not need to run a Programm IN FSUIPC.... ( Yes this is posible and needed for advanced Stuff) You simply use the supported Offsetrange and manipulate this Offsets.... then FSUIPC will see your inputs and will chnge the internal FSX Data to make your function working !

For Xplane you normaly need a other System cause Xplane work with internal DataReffs.... BUT A Nice Guy write the Programm XPUIPC.
In Easy words....This XPUIPC create a "Virtual" FSUIPC that use the Same Offsets but it controll the XPlan specific DataReffs.
( Not 100% of FSUIPC Offsets are working there.... But the most are OK. )

Mobiflight itself not see a differnece between FSUIPC and XPUIPC .... It workes with both Programms simmular.

So Please install XPUIPC and config it correct.... If it working ( You see in Mobiflight a Green Checkmark lower Left side "FSUIPC Status OK" .... For Mobi its like FSUIPC at all. ) Then you can use The Same Offsets like in FSX for Xplane too and your Config for Parking Brake workes !

Note: This is for Standard Planes... If you use AddOn Aircrafts in Xplane maby you need other technics !
Good Luck !
2017-05-27 16:18
pilotincmd
In the lower box xpuipc is green with a check mark and lower right shows running. I went to the tutorial and put a led as shown and tested it ,It lit when the button was pressed. Then i programmed the switch as shown.When i flip the switch the led flickers and the line showing the name and code also flickers but nothing happens in flight sim. I used only stand aircraft.
2017-05-27 17:15
pizman82
Supporter
Just for confirmtion.....

Do you use a Arduino Mega or a UNO ??

the UNO ist still in testing process.... Some Users report inputs not work correct at the moment with some UNO Boards.

If you use a Mega than i wondering..... Myself i not use Xplane, BUT..... NO other user already report a problem with the Parking Brake Offset.

Please confirm you use a Mega ( and not the problematic UNO).....

If posible a other User here ( maby Sebastian) with XP11... Please shortly test the Parking Brake Preset if this working OK in Xplane11

thanks !

EDIT: And Please... If you use a Mega.... Tell me short the Config/Preset you use.... What Values do you set... What Offset is used. What command for On Release and On Press..... And please confirm you NOT Use EventID.... this is not posible in Xplane i think !
Good Luck !
2017-05-27 23:57
pilotincmd
I used arduino mega board and the preset was "general parking brake". The value "int", the offset is 0x0bc8 size in byte 2 and mark value with 0xFFFF. The con fig is "button pin 40 value 1 for on and value 0 for off.The firmware 1.7.3 , com3 serial sn-b59-4d4 with mobiflight mega. I hope this helps.
2017-05-28 02:52
pizman82
Supporter
YES This helps!

Little Issue in your Config and logic....

Look to the FSUIPC List:
iconQuote:

OFFSET: 0BC8 SIZE : 2 ......Parking brake: 0=off, 32767=on

You need to use value 32767 for the ON Command ( instead of "1" you use at the moment)
And to prevent maby the next Problem.... This is the Technic for a 2 Position Switch

If you use a momentary Button, then you need to write a toggle function yourself.

If Not the Push of the Button would set the ParkingBrake to ON but the Release shortly after would set it to OFF Again.

For a Momentary Button you use "On Press" a simple IF Function
Use in the Value field: if($=0,32767,0) That means.... If Current Value = 0 ( Brake OFF) THEN write 32767 and that the Brake ON.. ELSE IF Value is NOT Zero (maby when brake is already ON and value is 32767 at the moment) THEN wirte "0" to the Offset.
With this technic you get a Parking Brake with a momentary Button and a Toggle Function !

Please shortly report if problem is solved now !
Good Luck !
2017-05-29 17:06
pilotincmd
The first board when i load= mobiflight is active ,checked ,fsuipc offset "0x0bc8" , module "mobiflight", fsuipc value "blank" ,output value "blank"

When i select edit the board reads= use preset " general parking brake"
Basic settings = offset " 0x0bc8"
Value type "int" Size in bytes "2"
Mask value with "0xffff"
Then i upload program. and click OK.
The next board i go to is Mobiflight module where i enter "40" for pin and name "button" At the bottom of board it showes path "F:\Arduino" which is my F drive where x-plane is.

Where do i input 32767?
2017-05-29 21:28
pizman82
Supporter
I´m Sorry....

I Check this out again in my testboard.... Don´t know why BUT it work with value 1, too (In FSX) Maby in Xplane it´s different.
So please try out 1 and 32767 for this.

To your question.... You Mix Up maby a little.....

Before first using you have to define the Button itself to Mobiflight.... Its no mater if you use it for autobrake or for something else like Lightswitch etc later.... you need to TELL Mobiflight on what PIn you set the Switch/Button. Use the Settings Tab and as you already know... UPLOAD it to the Board after enter the data.

After That you can use THIS Switch/Button for everything you like.

Then you create a new Config ( Input in that case) and there you can use the PRESET Function if you like.
Remeber the lowest field in the "Config/Input Tab" is called "Set Value" This is always empty after use the Preset Function .... and YOU need to set a value here....
In Our Case 1 or 32767 OR 0 for the OFF Configuration

PLEASE Read the Tutorial for this. ( I Know the Screenshots looks a bit different and the "multiply" Field not longer exist. The Tutorial was made with a early MF Version !
Link to the Switch Tutorial : https://www.mobiflight.com/en/tutorials/switch-parking-brake.html
Good Luck !
2017-05-29 23:34
pilotincmd
Problem solved.

Thank you for all your help!
2017-05-30 17:29
Pilothexe
Hello,

I have a problem with a 7 segment display.
I use the Max7219 and a Kingbright SC36 module with common cathode.
I connected everything a lot. Unfortunately, the segments at the beginning only briefly and very dark and then no longer. I have spent many hours with it. Please, please- I need help !!! :-) Many Thanks!!!
2018-10-28 16:05
StephanHo
Supporter
Hello Pilothexe!

Welcome to MobiFlight.

Do you have the MAX chip individually or on a board with 2 x 4 digits.
The Kingbright SC36 are single digits. Of which you can connect up to 8 to a MAX. In each case, the segments in parallel and the common cathodes individually to the chip.

It would be nice if you would describe the entire structure to us once.

Did you check the tutorial for the 7-Segment-Display above? This should help you with most of the problems.
What's about the test-button - do all segments light up or do they keep dark?
If the result from the testbutton is not satisfactory it makes no sense to continue
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-10-28 17:06
Pilothexe
Hallo Stephan,
ganz lieben Dank für deine Antwort!
Ich habe einen Max7219 Ship und ihn wie im Tutorial beschrieben, angeschlossen. Alle Segmente parallel und an die entsprechenden Anschlüsse am ship. Die gemeinsame Kathode hab ich an den entsprechenden dig angeschlossen.
D auf Bord 22
L auf Bord 24
CLK auf Bord 26
Grund auf Bord grnd
5v auf Bord 5v
Zwischen 19 und 18 einen 10k Wiederstand.

Und auch alles so in der mobiflightanwendung eingegeben.
Wenn ich den Test drücke, leuchtet nichts.

Hab alles wirklich mehrfach angeschlossen.
Ich weiß nicht, was ich noch machen kann.
Danke und viele Grüße aus EDDP
Helmuth
2018-10-28 22:02
pizman82
Supporter
Wie hast du dein element verkabelt ?? Breadboard?

Max7219 chips sind etwas sensibel..... Wichtig ist das die 5 Kabel ( DIN CLK LOAD GRD und 5V ) bereits angeschlossen sind BEVOR das Arduino unter strom gesetzt wird bzw du MF startest. . Auch müssen die kabel 100% fest sitzten (verlötet) auch ein kleiner "wackler" für ne millisekunde reicht das sich der Chip aufhängt. In diesen fall muss er erneut "initialisiert" werden was.

Wie Stephan sagt... Verwende die TEST Funktion im Display Tab. Die sendet zu 100% immer 12345678. ( Nur um auszuschließen das deine Config schlicht keinen wert liefert )

Wenn das alles nix hilft würde ich mal einen anderen Max Chip Verwenden.... Bzw ein Fertiges 4 Diggit Display verwenden um einen "Baufehler" auszuschließen.
Auf Deutsch.... Software ausschließen indem du tie Test Funktion nutzt.... Dann Display Ausschließen und am Ende den Chip selbst.

(Wenn ich raten muss würde ich sagen du hast den MaxChip gebraten sofern er gar keinen Regung mehr zeigt .... Oder deine Verkabelung ist schlicht falsch !)
Good Luck !
2018-10-29 03:48
Pilothexe
Hallo Pizmann82,

vielen Dank für die tolle Antwort! Ich denke, das bringt mich weiter. Habe alles tatsächlich auf dem Breadbord verkabelt, um erst mal zu testen. Aber das, was Du schreibst, macht absolut Sinn. Werde also jetzt die ganze Sache mal verlöten. Und dann sollte es ja gehen. Was heißt in diesem Fall genau Initialisieren?

Meine normalen Max7219-Module funktionieren einwandfrei. Aber leider gibt es nur begrenzte Angebote, was Segmentanzahl, Farbe und Größe betrifft.

Ist Mobiflight auch mit dem Erweiterungschip 74HC4067 kompatibel? Was ich in der Software auch noch nicht gefunden habe ist das Display für den QNH/ Luftdruck.

Oi! So viele Fragen.
Schon mal vielen Dank!!!

Helmuth
2018-10-29 18:43
pizman82
Supporter
Von Hinten nach vorne :P

Ich vermute du suchst in der Software den Offset für den QNH. Hier ist die Frage welches Flugzeug/AddOn du verwendest und OB bzw wie das bei Xplane und XPUIPC umgesetzt ist.
Teste mal Offset: 0EC6.... Size in Byte : 2 Byte ..... Name: Pressure (QNH) as millibars (hectoPascals) *16.

Zum 74HC4067 ...Nein ist er nicht. Und aktuell ist auch dahingehend nichts geplant. Altes statement: Mit Max7219 ist aktuell alles was 7 Segment angeht möglich. Wenn ein anderer Chip in Planung steht dann eher für 14/16 Segmenter oder für Direkte Segmentsteuerung. Das Argument mit der Displayverfügbarkeit zählt hier eher weniger.

Zum Display.
Hier empfehle ich die MaxTubes mit abnhembaren DIggits wie dieses... https://www.amazon.de/8-Digit-Display-MAX7219-Digital-Control/dp/B00P9277BE
Hier musst du nicht am Chip selbst rumpfuschen da dieser bereits auf dem PCB (inclusive Transisotren und Leiterbahnen) verbaut ist.
Du ziehst dort schlicht die Vierer-Blöcke ab und verkabelst auf dem nun leeren Steckplatz ( 12 Pins) deine Displays.
Der Ordnung halber.... Wenn du ein 3er Display baust ( aus 3x 1er Diggits) dann führst du die segmente zusammen so das am Ende 11 Kabel weg gehen ( 7xSeg, 1xDP und 3xCathode) Diese stöpselst du dann auf besagte steckerleiste ( 1 pin würde hier frei bleiben da eine Leiste für 4 Diggits gedacht wäre)

Die verwendung eines "nackten" Chips würde ich eher empfehlen wenn du sowieso ein PCB für dein Panel planst.... Falls nicht ist so ein feritges tube sicherlich praktischer !
Good Luck !
2018-10-29 19:57
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2