MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Peau
Hi !
Updated today Mobi to version 9.6. In all my Led's I have now some added decimals which wasn't there before and I have not added myself. It seems that they are added when I use more than 2 digits and always on the last position for decimals. Example, have 4 digits active in the Led; Showing wind strength 2.7 knots shows; 27_.9, If 3 digits 27_._ , if two digits 27. I has not assigned any decimals in the display. Gaps are are here showed as"_".
Cheers, Peter
2022-12-07 10:19
Peau
Hi again ! Looks that's even worse. All data seems freaked out, my Lcd with wind, fuel consumption, remaining fly time, density altitude data aso is totally wrong and shifting. Tried to use my saved config file ( .mcc ) with no luck. Installed 9.4 ( with it's corresponding Mobiflight-event-module ) but found that all Output device is lost. What to do, despite of begin from square one ?
Cheers, Peter
2022-12-07 14:01
Peau
On more reply :) It has to do with intrinsic set of decimals. Got it. Some work to do.....
Cheers, Peter
2022-12-07 17:22
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This is a side effect from Version 9.6 .
Badly we not understand that the new feature ( Reading Decimals in a other way) has this bad side effect.
For FS2020 this is no big deal.... But specially older FSUIPC Configs get more problematic.

Problem:
In the past Mobiflight Truncate simply every Float behind the Transform.
So a Value e.g. 123,456 was automatically 123
NOW its still 123,456 so your Disply would show no longer 123 .... it try to show 123 ,456

Solution for now .....

Simply include in the problematic Configs a Round or Truncate Command ( same as MF do it automatically in the back all time before)
e.g. Transform : Round($,0) or Truncate($)
Then we have again Integers instead of Decimals and your Displays work like before.
Good Luck !
2022-12-07 19:06
Peau
Hi !

Most of my setting and calculations works now but the Led's persist with the gap before the decimal. Example Output value shows 5.01, the Led shows 5 .01. Maybe it's intensional ?

Cheers, Peter
2022-12-08 17:02
pizman82
Supporter
I already explane above and more detailed in a other Topic.....

iconpizman82:

This is a side effect of last Patch.... Cause we implement already the "base" for a new feature but not the "final output" for that.

In the Past Mobiflight could also handle Integer Numbers on 7 Seg Display..... And it also truncate all Decimals internal to Integers automatically.
Means a Mach Value of 0,46 ( Raw Data) we multiply in the past by 100 to get "46" instead....
And then we show it on the Display as "46" and set the Decimal Point "hardcoded" within the UI Mask by checkmark the DP we need.

Now we got the base to read and handle Decimal Numbers already since 9.6 BUT the Library for the 7Seg is not implement for now.
Means the 7Seg Displays not understand that 0,46 is a 3 DNumber Value.... It see it as text and means the decimal is a single diggit.... So it give 0_ ,46
THIS rework will be done in the next version when we tune the Output side also.

Solution for now....

Work with the old logic meanwhile until next version include the new 7Seg Library.....

So Multiply a Decimal Value to get a full number.... e.g. 0,46*100=46
Then show this 46 on the 7Seg and enable the needed Decimal Point in the UI "hardcoded" as we do since 10 years !
Means the Display basicaly show a full number and we just light the Decimalpoint all time (independed from the value itself)
Good Luck !
2022-12-10 12:50
icon