MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
DeYReX
Is possible to make mobi work with x11 , with p3d is so awesome and i thank you for creating this , but with xplane... it dont use eventids it use datarefs like sim/cockpit2/electrical/APU_starter_switch , anyone have tried it?
2017-05-22 22:37
Skydvdan
I am using it with XP11 pretty well so far. To make it work properly you'll need to download and install XPUIPC. Read the installation instructions very carefully. Then once that is done then commands can be sent and received using FSUIPC offsets.
2017-05-24 00:07
pizman82
Supporter
Correct.
XPUIPC is a converter that set the Datareffs to a virtual FSUIPC Offset Range.

Mobiflight see XPUIPC same way like FSUIPC.

BUT:
Remeber not 100% of the Offsets are used 1:1 like in FSX. Maby some little issues can exist
(For example in the Light and Radio Panel there are Problems... We try to check at the moment)

Additional Note: The Official Version is 2.0.0.0. But the Programmer stop working on it years ago.
Other Users do this like open source and support new versions but this is not official !
Current Version is 2.0.4.8 i think ( 2017) You need to try out witch file is working fine for you !
Good Luck !
2017-05-24 13:29
DeYReX
OK thank you all and the datarefs where i search them? And in mobiflight i use fsuipc values or eventids? Where i put the datarefs in mobiflights?
2017-05-24 15:21
DeYReX
Also there are thinks that the switch ingame dont move but it activates :S
2017-05-24 15:34
pizman82
Supporter
Maby you Missunderstood....

You NOT set Datareffs.... The Programm XPUIPC you run additional to Xplane generate a "virtual" FSUIPC Clone
THIS Programm manage the DataRefs to the Virtual Offset Range and manage the Comunication between XP11 and XPUIPC.

In Mobiflight you set your commands 100% simmular like you would work with FSX instead of XP11
If you like to set individual DataReffs that NOT supported with Standard Offsets you have to Config the XPUIPC Programm itself via entry your own Programm Code !

Finaly EVENTID are not supportet as i informed.... This is FSX Stuff Only ( Sebastian told) . For Inputs you have to work with Offsets !
Good Luck !
2017-05-24 15:58
DeYReX
OK so where i can find all the offsets with their values like EventIDs has got the right or leftclick when use encoders that are numbers , i think values arent 1 and 0 :D and offsets where i need to look for they? The Offsets works for all planes? in Xplane11? Thank you all
2017-05-24 16:32
pizman82
Supporter
Yes Your right !

If you got no Event for this you have to manipulate the Value Itself. Here we use the "Expressions" ... simple Math Calculations !

For Example a Offset for Heading is from 0-360 .... If You use as Value 1 and 0 you only SET the Value to 1 or 0 but not increase or decrease it.
Here you use the syntax $+1 or $-1 for example.... $ Dollar Sign means the Current Value before turning the Encoder.... Mobiflight Reads it out,
Then for Example your Heading is 180 and you turn the Encoder Clockwise you Say in Config ON RIGHT $+1 then Mobi Read 180 ... calculate 180+1=181 and send/Set 181 back !

Problem is for Example again the Heading if we got a TurnArround.... If Heading is 359 und you will increase with $+1 then it get into 360 , 361 , 362 and so on ( Not Posible )

Here you need a "IF Function" ....
In that Example We need to Say IF Value is Below 359 THEN always add +1 BUT If Valie is exact 359 THEN Set Value to 0 ( Cause after 359 in Heading selectors the next +1 Value is 0 and then it starts again with 1,2,3,4 and so on.
Here the needed Expression is if($=359,0,$+1) ... In Easy Words... When you turn the Encoder Right side .... If Value=359 Then Set to 0 ELSE Set always Value +1
For Counterclockwise Left turning the code will be if($=0,359,$-1) In Easy words... IF Value is 0 THEN Set 359 ELSE Always Set Value -1

I Know this sounds difficult.... But it´s not the fault of Mobiflight, that XPlane not supports Events ! BY the way... this can be done in FSX/P3d, too if you not like to use eventID
Good Luck !
2017-05-25 15:42
icon