MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
JohanKotze
I am busy configuring the 7 segments displays of my MCP/Autopilot. I am using FSUIPC and Mobiflight.

1. Captain Course
For some reason I can't find the captain course offset in the FSUIPC (display too the most left of the MCP/Autopilot) , I read the FSUIPC Offset document. The Captain course is different than the Heading.

2. VS
I configured this display but after airplane level out on altitude set the 7 segment display show 5 zeros and not 1 like on a B737 VS display.

Anyone have an idea.

Regards
Johan South Africa
2022-01-16 06:15
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This is related to the used "AddOn" Aircraft !

For example in FSX/P3D the Standard aircrafts only have "one" CRS ..... Here this is mostly the NAV1 Course.
A B737 for example have 2 CRS Values and they are indipendet.... So these are "own" Values.... But only advanced AddOn Aircrafts support this.

So the key is to read the correct Data.
For example if you use a PMDG B737 there are 2 own offsets for the CRS Values ..... Fully different to the standard FSUIPC Offsets.
Means... If you use a AddOn, then read the Values FROM your Addon !

About VS: This can be a optical factor.
A Offset not must show always the same like in the Virtual Display!

For sure a Offset who show e.g. VS will show normaly the VS you select in the Display.... But lets say the Display in Sim show "1" ( by the way i never see this myself) that not means the Offset is "1" that moment.....
Here for example can exist a simple code within the Sim.... That say " If VS is reach the target Alt, then show "1" on the Virtual Display BUT execute "0000" on the Offset.

Again.... Every AddOn is differen here. For example some give a Zero if a LED is off in case of missing electrical power.... Others still show "1" for the Status of the Gear whatever there is no light in the Virtual Cockpit in case of disabled Master Battery switch...... simply cause the Gear is still down!

Solution:
Those things are done with Preconditions and Compares.

In Your case.....
Go to the COMPARE Tab of that Config and say.... IF Value = 0 THEN show 1 ELSE $
Then your Display will show "1" instead of "0" in that situation !
Good Luck !
2022-01-16 16:48
JohanKotze
Sorry there is misunderstand. When level out on set altitude 5 zeros displays in stead of 1 zero. I am using fsx stock B737. Currently the compare tab for VS are as follow
If - 1
The THEN field has 6 tabs of space bar
The ELSE field is also empty.
[Last edited by JohanKotze, 2022-01-16 20:24]
2022-01-16 20:07
pizman82
Supporter
Ahh OK

I still wonder about the "1"

So.... the Problem is simple.... A Value of "0" is "0" on the Offset.
And for Sure "0" is not "00000" its simply "0"

So you could say in Compare
IF Value =0 THEN 00000 ELSE $

This will work, BUT you still need the compare a.t.m. for the Blank! So IF -1 Then "6 Spaces" ELSE $

Solution:

Simply Combine this !

Say :

IF Value = -1
THEN "6 Space Tabs" like you do now.
ELSE if($=0,'00000',$)

This "new" line say.... If Value is "0" then set instead the string "00000" Else show the current value !
Good Luck !
2022-01-16 20:41
JohanKotze
I did the following regarding V/S

IF Value = -1
THEN "6 Space Tabs"
ELSE if($=0,'00000',$)

I have change the ELSE field to
ELSE if($=0,'0',$)

But still "00000" when level out instead of "0"
Maybe it is a Byte size problem as well
[Last edited by JohanKotze, 2022-01-18 14:02]
2022-01-18 12:47
pizman82
Supporter
No....

It is a comunication Issue between us....
I understand you WANT to show "00000" instead of "0" ..... But now i think you like it inverted!

Your Problem is a wrong "Left Padding" Setting !

Pretty sure you also have the issue, that e.g. a VS below 1000 is shown as 0900 instead of 900 .... Or maybe 9000 .
Same behavour in MINUS..... How does "-400" looks ? Something like "0-400"

Check this.... https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/24915.html
Good Luck !
2022-01-18 18:46
JohanKotze
Thank you, thank you, it work now as you said
2022-01-19 16:43
icon