MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
jjvelar
Hi,
Is planned to add support for this type of modules?

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B019K5X53O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It would help me a lot for my overhead 737 panel. I'm thinking in the electric data (DC amps, CPS freq, DC volts, AC amps, AC volts).

Thanks!

Jose
2017-04-14 11:38
pizman82
Supporter
Not at the Moment.

i know LCD are on the TODO list.... But Sebastian not give us a planed release Date until now.... So i would say not wait for this in 2017.... ( If this is wrong maby Sebastian will reply with updated informations)

By the Way....All the Overhead Stuff can be done with Max7219 !
Good Luck !
2017-04-15 00:06
jjvelar
Hi pizman82. Thanks for your reply.

How can I do the electrical panel in the overhead with Max7219?

Because I tried and I was not able to do that with standard 8 digit tubes because all the information in the top and botton lines does not fit.

I'm using these offsets:

- 6C40 13 STR[13] ELEC_MeterDisplayTop[13]
- 6C4D 13 STR[13] ELEC_MeterDisplayBottom[13]

And the documentation states:
- Top line: 3 groups of 4 digits (or symbols) + terminating zero

Thanks!

Jose
2017-04-15 08:06
pizman82
Supporter
iconjjvelar:

How can I do the electrical panel in the overhead with Max7219?
/quote]

Sorry my friend.....
I NOT do this myself already.
But basicly the Data is supported by this String Offsets..... If we can readout the Data we normaly can Write it into a Display ( Max7219)

Please try out youreself.... If i found time next weeks i will test it, But at the moment my job is verry bussy and i got not much time for cockpit building.

Good Luck !
2017-04-15 15:01
jjvelar
I think I didn't explained myself very well.
I know how to show the info in these two offsets in two Max7219 tubes, one for the top and the other for the botton lines.
My problem is that the two offsets are 13 characters long and both Max7219 do only have 8 digits.
Therefore I don't know how to fix it...
If I have to daisy chain two Max7219, I don't know how to show the 13 character info of each offset in two Max7219 tubes each one.
Thanks!
2017-04-15 20:05
pizman82
Supporter
OK... Now i see the Problem.

I not use String Offsets until now and i only can do a short test last hour....

The String is 13 Bytes Long and include the 12 Diggits ( 3x4 =12 + Terminating Zero)

I see the Problem is we can´t define the size of the String in Mobiflight.... Theres no way to say " Only use the first xx Bytes"
Additional i not understand the function of the "Substring" Fields.... Look like this is a dummy and not change anything at the moment.

What you need is .... Split the String in some Parts.... If The first Value (DC AMPS) is written in byte 1-3 Then you need a config that only reads byte 1-3 and show it on Digit 1,2,3 Of the Tube.
Next Value for CPS FREQ is maby in Byte 6-8 ... So There is a Second Config that only read THIS part and show it on the diggits 6-7-8 for example.
I THINK that this normaly be done with the "Substring" Field BUT that not Work.

SOLUTION:

Split the String yourself by chaning the Offset !
If you Use The Standard Offset 6C40 then youre display show the first 8 Nubers of the 12 Availible positions.
If you now count 6 Positions to the Right the new Pseudo Offset is 6C46
If you use this Offset it show only the 7-12 Positions of the Number.... If You use only 3 Diggits on The Display for this Config it show only Psoition 7,8 and 9
( I Think the Information behind the used diggits is not important for us)

So.....
Maby Sebastian told us how the Substring work ( or if we can limited the range of a String in Mobiflight)
If not simply find out by testing WHERE The needed Display Position starts and create a Config for every Displaypart Each .... Use the String Position where it start and use the number of Diggits in the Display Tab how long the Number can be maximum.

Hope this helps you !
Good Luck !
2017-04-16 01:36
jjvelar
Thanks but... I think I'm missing something here because I don't know how... to start.

What do you mean by "the new Pseudo Offset is 6C46"?

I can just use this 6C46 pseudo offset without defining anything else?

Sorry, I thing I'm not smart enough with this hexadecimal thing... :-(
2017-04-17 10:45
pizman82
Supporter
First:
I think this is just a provisonally technic... normaly that should be set via Mobiflight... Maby the Substring Field get a bug ( or i not understand how i have to use it)

To the hexa Thing:w00t:

Hexa goes from 0-F .... 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F
In Offsets every Byte is a Number.
The Mapping tell us the Offset is 6C40 ( 13 Byte ) 3 Groups of 4 Diggits + Terminating Zero
( With the Terminating Zero i´m not shure BUT i think the String always must close by a Zero 0 ... Maby so Mobiflight know the End of the String without a Information from Us... Looks like it still read the String until the first Zero Comes ( Ending the String) )
Additional that is meaning of the word " Or Symbols" in the Text... Cause the Zeros in the String can´t be Zeros ( That would end the String) this must be O ( O like Oscar) !

Now lets look to Hexa.... The Next offset String is 6C4D ( The Lower line of Elec Display) So Range must be from 6C40 to 6C4C
6C40 = Diggit 1
6C41 = Diggit 2
6C42 = Digit 3
6C49= Digit 10
6C4A= Digit 11
6C4B= Digit 12
6C4C= Terminating zero ( End of the String)
6C4D is the beginning of next Offset.

So if you like to show the String starting on Diggit 9 for example you need to use the Offset 6C48

Finaly:
I´m shure the Substring Fields in Mobiflight do exactly THIS... We can Say From X to Y there... If this work fine we can say here... Only read string from Position X through Y.
Lets wait for Sebastians comment.
Good Luck !
2017-04-17 23:49
DocMoebiuz
Hi guys

I will check tonight what's going on with the substring option. It should work as expected, cut a portion from your complete string by specifying from where to where. This option only works for strings instead of the transform field.

When it comes to the LCD Display, I want to add support before the FlightSimCon 2017 in June.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2017-04-19 13:55
jjvelar
hi,

pizman82: thanks (again)

DocMoebiuz: have you had time to check the substring option? and regarding LCD display support by June, these are great news. If you need betatester for this I will be more than happy to help.

Best regards,

Jose
2017-04-22 08:27
DocMoebiuz
Hi Jose

I checked the substring option and I was sure I had fixed that already.
Well to make it work, select type other than String first and enable transform. Then select string and it's gonna work. Transform has to be enabled :(

See for old bug report
https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobiflightfc/issues/156/substring-not-evaluated-if-transform-had
[Last edited by DocMoebiuz, 2017-04-22 15:02]
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2017-04-22 14:41
icon