MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
Julesta
My proyect is finished. The values now, with the new version BETA, never losted. OK.

I´ve note that when I turn any encoder, I can see the changes inmediately in the FS2020 values, but not in the LCDs. In the LCDS the changes are too slowly and sometimes I think that MB it´s not working. I do not know why the LCD are so lazy. Any idea? I´m using 2 LCD (20x4) and 8 values...

Thanks
2020-12-21 13:17
StephanHo
Supporter
Did you switch off the logging mode in MF?
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-12-21 19:03
pizman82
Supporter
Do you follow my instructions ?

iconJulesta:

My proyect is finished. The values now, with the new version BETA, never losted. OK.

I told you that the newest BETA Version include Simconnect Stuff and is NOT stable... Means the OUTPUT Section maybe not work perfectly.
Thats why i recommend to download a "older" BETA Version that include already the Fix for the missing Placeholder BUT not include the new testing ground for the Simconncect Features.
Good Luck !
2020-12-21 21:05
Julesta
Yes. :thumbup:
2020-12-22 23:13
Julesta
MB downloaded for me the BETA 10....14. I remember with the10....13 was equal : slow. But I losted the big problem of lost the values... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wait now to the new version official of Sebastian.

Thanks for all your patience and help.:) :) :) :)
2020-12-22 23:15
Cotam
I am running Mobiflight 8.0.2.9 and facing a similar issue.

I'm using two 16*2 LCD and one 4*20. The two 16*2 are refresh wery quickly whereas the big one (4*20) is very slow to refresh...
2021-05-01 23:21
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

We currently observe a maybe possible bug in the LCD System.

Can you please Report your Setup ??
How many Megas.... And where are the Displays connected ?
1 Display each on a single Mega...OR... 2 Display on Mega A and 1 on Mega B ?
Good Luck !
2021-05-02 01:24
Cotam
I'm running MSFS2020, very last patchset.

I'm using 3 Arduinos Mega and 3 LCD screen, so that each LCD screen is attached to its own Arduino.
Each I2C controller is linked to 5V, ground, SDA and SCL pin. It's pretty straight forward.

The two 2*16 LCD screens are quickly refresh. I'm using them for NAV/COM radios.
The big 4*20 LCD is very slow to refresh. I'm using it for AP related informations as heading and altitude, and barometric pressure.
2021-05-02 14:00
pizman82
Supporter
Thanks.

Thats strange.
The Problem we currently observe is different. We know there is a issue if user work with 2 Displays on the same Mega. If there is a lot of Data on one Display ( e.g. Real Altitude that change every second multiple times) then the "other" Display get delays for now.

Your Setup ( 3 Megas with 1 Display each) "should" work fine as we know.

Badly i not own 3 Displays. I fully not work with those things and only order one Display, to make tests for Users here. So i can not rebuild that situation myself.

If you like to support us.... May you can do some testings here. If we know the issue spot, we hopefully can give you a testing Hotfix.
What i would test now if i got 3 displays or if i would sit on your computer.....

1. Logging Mode ..... Logging must be OFF. May you can confirm that.

2. Board Setup. .... Simply disconnect the two Megas with the 2*16 Displays. Remain only the problematic 4*20 MEGA Board.
Then Run MF..... Does the Display is delayed again... If Yes, same delay or less ?

3. Change Values of That Display...... Make a Save at first and then remove each Value on the 4*20 once by once. May you can identify a special Value that occure in the problem and the other will work fine.
Alternate is to show on that Display the same Values like on the 2*16 ....
May you find out that Coms work fine but lets say AP Values also came verry delayed from the Sim itself. ( So issue is FSUIPC and not the Display/Mega itself)

4. If Displays are just plugged and not solder to the Mega..... Change a 2*16 with the 24*20 on e.g. Mega 1 ..... Also rework the Device Settings for Testing.
May it work fine on the other Megas.

Last Note:
Those things can be tested best way in a CLEAN Setup.
Perfect Situation would be.... 3 Megas.... Only one device Each. So only a LCD on it. Nothing Else in the Device Settings Tab and also no other Pins wired to exclude a electrical Problem.
Also a new File in MF ..... No other Configs except the needed.... Means Read Configs for all the Values and 3 Configs for the 3 Displays. NOTHING ELSE
In easy words.... If you can make a "clean state" that exclude all other Issue spots.... Then you got a 100% acurate testing.

If possible test and give us your results. Then we can try to fix this. Or hopefully you see the issue yourself while testing and you can solve it directly.
Good Luck !
2021-05-02 16:26
Cotam
Many thanks for the explanations. I'll process these tests later today and will come back with the results :)
2021-05-02 16:40
Cotam
Back with the test results.

1. Logging mode was already OFF. I tried to switch on, then off...Still, the LCD is very slow to refresh and sometimes, the info printed on the LCD are different from the info I can see in Mobiflight. So nothing related to logging.

2. I unppluged everything apart of the Mega and the LCD. Still slow, no change.

3. I change values displayed on the LCD, reducing the numbers of data to one only. Still slow, no change.

4. I switch to another Mega board, did the same tests...Still slow, no change.

5. I did the same testing with fresh Mega and a new config file....Still slow no change.

BUT!!!! I did one last test

6. in the settings, I modified the number of lines of the LCD to 2 lines. So I did test with a 4 lines LCD declared as a 2 lines LCD and.....tadaa....it worked fast. The refresh rate was adequate....But it was only printing data on two lines.

7. I did a very last test, declared my 4 lines LCD as a 3 lines LCD. Again, it worked great, fast, and I got one more line to print data.

But as soon as I get back to a 4 lines LCD declaration, the refresh rate is slow and innacurate.

I think those tests are validating there is someting wrong as soon as a 4 lines LCD is declared and configured...And I would be happy to help in solving this issue.
2021-05-02 22:28
pizman82
Supporter
:blink:

Thanks.
We will check !

Please keep calm. We have a look on that. Maybe the problem is the size of bytes in the 20*4 finaly.
Lets wait for our next meeting !
Good Luck !
2021-05-02 22:43
Cotam
I'm cool :w00t:

Will use it with 3 lines only waiting for a better solution :lol:
2021-05-02 23:05
RoseHaddock4864
not sure it is pure S/W issue.
I had also slow changes and deviation effects when testing. (4x20)
With finished project I use external 5V and only 3 other LEDs and it updates relatively quickly (dealy max 0.5 sec, mostly no dealy) and matches always to FS2020.
I also have only one serial at one Ardu (3 Ardu in total, about 40 used I/Os per Ardu, normal LEDs mainly on one dedicated Ardu, 10mA says URI.
2021-05-05 17:11
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

yes, the delay is a known issue so it is under investingation. It seems that only 20 x 4 Displays are effected. Sebastian is working on it and you can assume that it will be eleminated with the next release.
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-05-05 17:23
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2