MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
savery999
Im getting a check precondition for the MCP IAS setup, for 6528 for MCP IAS blank display setup, I followed the guide and my current settings are....

DISPLAY: left padding and SPACE, digits 6,7,8, selected
COMPARE: if current value is =1 then (4 spaces)
Precondition: Choose MCP IASBLANK DISPLAY READOUT if current value =1

IS this possible as I see multiple issues noted in the forums.

Cheers, Steve
Thanks, Steve Avery
2020-12-13 02:22
savery999
Appears this is normal so ill continue to test...
Thanks, Steve Avery
2020-12-13 04:38
pizman82
Supporter
In the Topic Name you ask about the "Exclamation mark"
But not in the Text/question itself ??

Short: This Exclamation mark means.... That Config is at the moment NOT active.
Easy example: You build 2 Configs.... One show COM1 to a Display..... The other show COM2 on the same Display.
The first config have Precondntion " Only work if GEAR is UP" .... The Second got " Only work if Gear is DOWN"

If your Gear is UP then the Display show COM1 ! ...... Same time the second Config that show COM2 got a RED Exclamation mark in Front..... That tell us this config is currently disabled by a Precondition!

If you now move the Gear to DOWN ..... then The Display "swap" . It now show COM2 cause the preconditions of Both Configs change.
From now the Config of COM2 have no longer the Exclamation mark..... Now the first Config got it.... Cause its now disabled !

NOTE: Using Preconditions was the only way in the past. and it still work today. But it´s a way to difficult and unpracticable. Now we got "Placeholders" so we can do all this stuff ( or better most of it) within the config formulas.
Please check the Forum Topics. I explaned lots of times how we can use it ( for example in the MCP of a B737) in a verry comfortable way!
If you need personal coaching..... Try to contact me on Discord. Then we can talk !
Good Luck !
2020-12-13 08:37
StephanHo
Supporter
If you have a flashing display then you have more than one config that sends data to the display at the same moment. Check the precondions so that only one config sends data to this display.
Grüße,
Stephan (Time: UTC+1)
2020-12-13 15:49
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This is a special situation.
Here PMDG do a "bad" work.
Mobiflight simply show on a Display the Information of a Offset. In your case it not show the "1" Value of that Offset cause we would say in compare "if value of Underspeed Offset =1 then show a B (8)" ..... But basicly Mobiflight just do what the Offset tell it to do.
And HERE PMDG make a little misstake. Cause this Offset is simply "1" aslong Under/Overspeed is happen..... it NOT change between 1 and 0 in the same sequence like the display blinks.
Mobiflight ( at the moment) not support something like a "blink system" .... So we can NOT say a LED ( or a Diggit in a 7 Seg) shold blink in a selected speed. MF only know ON or OFF.

To solve this....

1. Wait until Sebastian implement a Blinking System for MF. ( Whatever i think this will only come for LED and not for 7Seg)

2. Write own Code. If you can programm in LUA you can build a custom Offset maybe.
As i said.... Mobiflight just show the data from the Offset. So if you build a LUA script that write a custom Offset then you can say..... If no Underspeed/Overspeed is active set this offset to SPACE..... If underspeed set it to "8" and "Space" in a e.g. 0,5 second intervall..... if Overspeed set it to "A" in the same intervall.
Then Mobiflight just read THIS Offset and show the "blinking" simply in case it show the current data you create by the script.

3. Improvisional Blink with formula and precondition.
FSUIPC support a "second time" offset. This can be used to create a blinking with a 1 second interval. So 1sec ON 1sec OFF.
Here we use a formula and use the "Seconds Offset" as varibale. ( e.g. symbol a) .
For example we say Seconds Offset MODULO 2 ..... So If Seconds is 0,2,4,6,8,10,12 and so on the result is "0" . If seconds are 1,3,5,7,9 and so on result is 1
With this value we can create a simple blinking. But as i said.... only in a 1sec interval.
Good Luck !
2020-12-13 18:20
hsnhsynky
A and B Ias/Mach Flashing

How do I do the process steps in mobiflight. Can you explain in detail?

iconpizman82:

Hi

This is a special situation.
Here PMDG do a "bad" work.
Mobiflight simply show on a Display the Information of a Offset. In your case it not show the "1" Value of that Offset cause we would say in compare "if value of Underspeed Offset =1 then show a B (8)" ..... But basicly Mobiflight just do what the Offset tell it to do.
And HERE PMDG make a little misstake. Cause this Offset is simply "1" aslong Under/Overspeed is happen..... it NOT change between 1 and 0 in the same sequence like the display blinks.
Mobiflight ( at the moment) not support something like a "blink system" .... So we can NOT say a LED ( or a Diggit in a 7 Seg) shold blink in a selected speed. MF only know ON or OFF.

To solve this....

1. Wait until Sebastian implement a Blinking System for MF. ( Whatever i think this will only come for LED and not for 7Seg)

2. Write own Code. If you can programm in LUA you can build a custom Offset maybe.
As i said.... Mobiflight just show the data from the Offset. So if you build a LUA script that write a custom Offset then you can say..... If no Underspeed/Overspeed is active set this offset to SPACE..... If underspeed set it to "8" and "Space" in a e.g. 0,5 second intervall..... if Overspeed set it to "A" in the same intervall.
Then Mobiflight just read THIS Offset and show the "blinking" simply in case it show the current data you create by the script.

3. Improvisional Blink with formula and precondition.
FSUIPC support a "second time" offset. This can be used to create a blinking with a 1 second interval. So 1sec ON 1sec OFF.
Here we use a formula and use the "Seconds Offset" as varibale. ( e.g. symbol a) .
For example we say Seconds Offset MODULO 2 ..... So If Seconds is 0,2,4,6,8,10,12 and so on the result is "0" . If seconds are 1,3,5,7,9 and so on result is 1
With this value we can create a simple blinking. But as i said.... only in a 1sec interval.

2022-03-13 15:58
icon