MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
mbuto
Hello!

Is there a document explaining the basics of how to use Event ID's with a default a/c in FSX?

For example, I have a rotary encoder and a 7 segment display. I'd like Left/Right to increment/decrement COM1_STBY_RADIO_HZ_SET. What's next?

Thanks,

Mike
2020-06-19 02:04
pizman82
Supporter
There is no document here in Mobiflight ( maybe in the internet.... you can google) Cause this is self expaned.

Rule 1: Standard Aircrafts always work with the standard EventID´s supported by FSUIPC.
AddOn Aircrafts "can" work with that standard range, too but the not have to. Some got own Events (like PMDG) others completly not work with events !

Rule 2: Search in a List..... For Standard Aircrafts this is the List included in the FSUIPC Folder " the 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controlls.PDF"

Finaly you just need to set in Mobiflight Inputs ( for example with your encoder) as Input Typ "EVENT ID" and you choose for the correct ID and Parameter.

Your example is WRONG..... Cause that is a SET Event. SET means you set a Value.... Here you use as Parameter the value you like to set....
If you use Event "COM1_STBY_RADIO_HZ_SET" and Parameter 100 then it SET the Hz of Com1 to 100

You like something different.... You like to INCrease or DECrease the current frequency of COM1 So the correct Events are....
COM RADIO WHOLE DEC 65636
COM RADIO WHOLE INC 65637
COM RADIO FRACT DEC 65638
COM RADIO FRACT INC 65639
Here Parameter is always "0" cause this are Exeute Events.... they not set something they simply execute a command ( in that case e.g. increae Com 1 Mhz or so)

So Rule 3: SET Events set to the value you use as parameter.... TOGGLE Events swap between mostly 2 things.... And Execute events like INC and DEC simply run one time.

Last Note: All this was for Standard FSX/P3D .... AddOns can be different. For example PMDG use Mouseparameters instead !
Good Luck !
2020-06-19 02:55
mbuto
Can you send that 2016 list? I can only find it inside SCRIBD.

Google search results for me are very heavily weighted towards PMDG documents. I haven't been able to find what I need for FSX default a/c.

From what I have been able to see, there is not a full set of Event IDs for COM1 Standby. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Mike
2020-06-19 06:35
pizman82
Supporter
Go in the folder where you install FSX ..... e.g. d:/fsx then in the subfolder /modules and there in /fsuip documents e.g. d:/FSX/Modules/FSUIPC Documents
THERE are all lists you need....

Alternate open Explorer and use SEARCH

If you not have intalled FSUIPC or it is not UpToDate you can get here the newest Version including that list....
http://www.fsuipc.com/

EDIT: I no longer got this file in case i use FSUIPC6 now ( P3D) and that no longer include the FSX Stuff. Sorry !
[Last edited by pizman82, 2020-06-19 13:52]
Good Luck !
2020-06-19 13:36
icon