MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
mbuto
Hi,
1st time user here. I've got things wired up but, when the tutorial asks me to choose preset 'General - Parking Brake' it's not available. Nothing starting with 'General' is available at all.

Am I missing something?

Mike
2020-06-04 03:27
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Mike.... Welcome to Mobiflight

Badly the tutorials are a bit "out of date" . They was create with a early MF Version lots of years ago. Whatever we plan to rework them.... that was never happen also cause most users not use them and learn by testing or ask simply for help if the not be able to do something.

So this tutorial still is correct whatever some elements are missing/change there. The Multiply field now called "transform" and give more options..... The Placeholder Area was not existing that time and for YOU important..... The names of the Preset change 1 Year ago as Sebastian rework this feature.

General Parking Brake is now called "Controls - Brake parking" .... I know thats stupid but it is like it is :(

Summary:
Nice to see, that you are a user who like to learn before he start..... not regulary in the meantime. The young generation not read guides !
If you need support or personal guiding..... Join us on DISCORD https://discord.gg/99vHbK7
There also VoiceCall ( english /german) is possible and we can share our screens to better explane/solve situations !
Feel free to call me there or to write in the Mobiflight Channels if you need help !

Your welcome !
Good Luck !
2020-06-04 05:25
mbuto
Ausgezeichnet! Thank you! I manually entered the details from the screen scrapes, but no joy when I trigger the brake.
2020-06-04 05:54
pizman82
Supporter
Input or Output ?

At first get sure your Hardware is fine.... For example press the TEST Button in Display Tab of a Output Config to Confirm LED is wired correct and settings in Mobiflight are fine.
For INPUTS you can enable the Logging Mode in Settings Then you got a Debug String below the window..... If you Press a Button you get a messega for Press and release then.

If your Hardware is confirmed then you can start with a testing thing like Parking brake !

NOTE: If you just rebuild the screenshots..... get sure in Output you NOT use the "1" from Multiply field.
That means in the past " multiply current value by 1" so in easy words "show current value" without changes.
If you TODAY use "1" in transform field that means Value is no longer readed and Mobiflight use "1" at all time.
With this setting your LED will light all time and no longer react to the Parking Brake from Sim !

Correct today is to disable the Transform field in that case ..... You not need it here.
Good Luck !
2020-06-04 06:02
mbuto
So the preset reverse engineered itself once I filled in the required parameters.
Seems to work now!1
Mike
2020-06-04 06:22
pizman82
Supporter
Yes.
The Presets are just preselected entrys..... There is nothing special here.... all entrys can be done also by hand.
And YES.... If you make a config by hand that exactly fit to a existing preset then Mobiflight see this and normaly show the preset name above ( cause its simmular now)

I personaly recommend to not work with that stuff.... You learn more if you build configs by hand..... and you can get 100% sure they are correct and do exactly what you personalised need in your system. also note those Presets are just for Standard Aircrafts. If you work with AddOns you already need to create Configs by hand.

All needed Data can be found in Lists.... For example for PMDG Aircrafts there is a OffsetMapping PDF in the FSUIPC Subfolders.
There you see.... Offsetadress, Size of the Offset , Typ of Offset.... And finaly special marks like needed transform formulas, bitwiese settings or BCD Mode requirement.

Do your testings..... It looks hard but it´s verry easy if you understand the basic system.
Good Luck !
2020-06-04 07:03
icon