MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
I have servos to return the starter switch on engine startup.
It function ok except for the return of the servo to the initial position. It seems to be stuck after pushing the switch to off.
I need an movement from 180 degree position and to around 250 degree position and then return to 180
Any clue how to program the servo so it returns to start position when the start switch return to OFF.
What I have now is that both FSUIPC and Output value varies a lot during start up cycle and the servo does of course the same util N1 and n2 is stable at idle pwr.
But as soon as I increase(varies) throttles I have surge in the servo all the time there is a change
I have used offset 0896 for left engine and 092E for Right
HenninR
[Last edited by hrings, 2020-05-26 15:40]
2020-05-26 13:34
pizman82
Supporter
Basicly the Servo need 2 Configs ( or more detailed it need 2 Commands) One command respond to the PMDG Switch and tell the servo to turn the Real switch to OFF if virtual switch is swapped.
The Other Config/situation must provide the servo go Back to the Standby Position to allow us another usage of the Switch on next time. This logic also must work prior starting .

Here we got 2 Logics.... I would plan to set Servo "Always" to Standby and only move it if needed...... Other Users let Servo always in the extended Position and build there logic in a way it turn only to standby if a starting is possible. Both should work. Just different points of view.

here is a good guide for you. https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/5728.html Thanks to Özgür for this !

Note: More effective and real is a system with a solonoid i think..... Maybe check this if you like.

Check here Min 14+ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYZzIZjvonU

Or Much professional-..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_wzQV5sw28
Good Luck !
2020-05-26 17:12
hrings
Can you tell me what is the correct offset if I use an solenoid to release the start position
HenningR
2020-05-26 18:46
pizman82
Supporter
Here the question is what solonoid you like to use.

For Example in the First Youtubelink form Helimech this is a PUSH solonoid...... It means it Push the switch from GND to OFF.
Here we use the Offset of the Starting Switch.... PMDG 737 : 64FC 1 Byte INT Left switch and 64FD 1 Byte INT Right switch.
Disadvantage here.... the solonoid is always ON if Switch is in OFF Position..... To protect Solonoid from All Time ON we maybe need also some precondition logics.

In the second Video this is a PULL solonoid. This is ON alsong switch should be in GND Position and it get OFF in the moment the virtual switch moves. So it no longer hold the switch and springloaded it back to OFF.
In that case also the Starting Switch Offset is used.... But here without any precondition.
Good Luck !
2020-05-26 20:01
hrings
Thanks. I used the set up from Øzgur and that work as it should for me so for the moment i stand with the servo and this solution.
Thank you: MF is marvellous
HenningR
2020-05-26 21:30
icon