MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
I connected Max 7219 and used 64E4 and byte 4 and that worked ok.
What are the other offsets for: 64E5, 64E6, and 64E7.
The same goes for landing Altitude ther is also 4 offsets starting at 64EC.
When shall I use the remaining 3 offsets on both
HenningR
2020-05-05 22:28
pizman82
Supporter
You already missunderstand the system.
Its recommend to read Stephans guide to learn how offsets work..... But sure i will also awnser you and try to explane !

iconQuote:

Offset : 64E4 Size in Byte : 4 Typ: DWORD Name AIR_FltAltWindow

This means the Offset Start at Adress 64E4 ..... And it have a size of 4 Byte ......
Its Typ is DWORD ! That means "DoubleWord" This is the name that is used for 32Bit Integer Offsets.
Check also this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

So correct usage in Mobiflight here is Offset 64E4 Size in Byte : 4 Typ INT

In case you read 4 Byte here that config read 64E4, 64E5, 64E6 and 64E7 .... The value is so large that it need 4 Bytes to handle it.

You mix it up with something like this....
iconQuote:

Offset: 64DD Size : 2 Byte Typ: BYTE x 2 Name AIR_annunWingBodyOverheat(2)

THIS is a combined Entry.... It means this are 2 Single Offsets with 1 Byte each.

Simply have a look on the Brakets.... If there is written Byte x 2.... (2) then this are multiple Offsets. Else like in the FlightAlt this is ONE Offset that have a size of 4 Byte itself in that case.
Good Luck !
2020-05-05 23:30
hrings
Thank you to you all for always quick and constructive replays to our answers.
But it is not always uncomplicated when you have past 76 and even worked with computers,electronics and commercial flying in almost all those years.
Of all that goes into the brain more and more slips out the backdoor as the years passing by.
But that is also among the reasons why MF is so popular.
That is thanks to you guys and your quick replays.
I love MF (Even if I don't know so much of it)
HenningR
2020-05-06 09:30
pizman82
Supporter
Keep Cool.

In case i not see the age of users i not know if i talk to a kid with 16 or to a man with 76.
Whatever not care about that.... Most active Users here and basicly in cockpitbuilding are retired people with a age of 60+
For me this is positive, cause your a part of a generation, who read and think first before they act. Its much more easy to explane a fact if the other person like to learn something and not expect a repair of there already wrong system ( in case they use "try end error" and have no knowledge about what they do)

Summary.... Please feel free to ask and also not be scarred to use DISCORD! I know older people mostly not like those plattforms and feel not good to talk via VOIP
BUT lots of Problems can be solvd within shorter times if i can talk and not must read messages with a big time difference. Also sharing of our screens allow us to see what the other guy do at the moment.
If you like.... Join us ! https://discord.gg/99vHbK7
Good Luck !
2020-05-06 13:30
icon