MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
mtalledo
Dear all,

First to open this issue, i read different topics to find a solution but unfortunatelly i do not know how resolve this problem.
I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed, I probably have not found the right answer..

I explain my problem and what have i done so far:

Introduction: Started with the format Pc :w00t:

-Format and reinstall Win10 x64 enterprice in unit C:
-Install a FSX with SP1 and SP2 on another disk (H:\FSX\ folder) not inside on program files ......
-On folder security, add EVERYONE to read data.
-Install PMDG 737ngx v1.1 (This version included sp 1c)
-Downloads utility FSUIPC SDK for check SimConnect and status FSUIPC.
-Update the file PMDG Option.ini with the parameters SDK.
-Install FSUIPC v.4.95 (not registered)
-Install Arduino program.
-Downloads Mobifligth last version.

My first steps and test with arduino mega 2560 and Mobifligth.

- Led for parking brake.
- First dispaly 8 segments with course and ias.
- Second display 8 segments with heading and altitude.
- One Button config to the Speed.
- One Encoder set to the course.

The Mobifligth Status are : Arduino e Fsuipc are green and checked ok.

With the airplane boeing by microsoft, Mobifligth + Fsuipc it's working.
All controllers it's work fine.
I did a double check with utility FSUIPC SDK and the values are present on the program. Great!!

**Use PMDG, start the problems .....

The next test is when used the PMDG 737ngx and this begin the problems...
It would seem that PMDG and FSUIPC not exchange data.
The course display and parking brakes, it's working fine, but the others components indicate only "0".

Then, i use utility FSUIPC SDK to check the values on FSUIPC and i can see that all autopilot values are "0".
So, if i change a autopilot value on Pmdg, on SDK not changed nothing, not update the values. :(
Insted the values of radio, cabin, electrical engines are present on SDK utility and update with fsx.

I don't understand. What am i doing wrong? :confused:

Please, could you help me?

Thanks!

Best Regards.
KL737
2020-05-04 21:58
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Welcome to Mobiflight

You did 2 Mistakes:

1. Wrong Offsets

iconQuote:

The next test is when used the PMDG 737ngx and this begin the problems...
It would seem that PMDG and FSUIPC not exchange data.
The course display and parking brakes, it's working fine, but the others components indicate only "0".

As you said the used offsets are for STOCK Aircrafts ( Like FSX Boeing, Cessna and so on)
PMDG use own Offsets. You find the needed List in the FSUIPC Folder..... Check h:/fsx/modules/fsuipc documents/Offsetmapping for PMDG737NGX.pdf
The confusing situation with Course and Parkingbrake is in case PMDG must use for some systems also the Standard Offsets.... For example the Course is needed to use the FSX based Navaids like VOR and ILS ..... So PMDG simply compare its internal Values to that Original Offsets. Same for Parking Brake to be able to use Pushback Addons e.g. the PMDG Parking brake Offset simply write the Original Offset same time !
BUT the Autopilot in example is simmulated ONLY internal in the PMDG.... So the AP-ALT Value is NOT compared to the FSX AP System.

Solution.... Use for OUTPUT the PMDG Offsets and for INPUT the PMDG EventID´s instead to the standard stuff you still use for Stock Aircrafts.

2. Out Of Date Software:

Whatever this is not the reason for your main problem.... You should update your software:
iconQuote:

-Install PMDG 737ngx v1.1 (This version included sp 1c)
-Install FSUIPC v.4.95 (not registered)

PMDG is currently SP 1d DELTA
FSUIPC for FSX is currently 4.974

NOTE: After patching the PMDG you pretty sure must do the INI Entry again cause it mostly overwrite your current file while update.
Good Luck !
2020-05-05 00:32
mtalledo
Hi,
Thank for the information, now all is more clear.
Then in Mobifligth, the values offset must be changed with tha values indicated on Offset pmdg Mapping.

I did a fast test and changed the values...

-- FSUIPC STANDART Values ---

MCp Heading -> 07CC
MCP Altitude -> 07D4
MCP IasMach -> 07E2

---PMDG--

MCp Heading -> 652C
MCP Altitude -> 652E
MCP IasMach -> 6524

It's working ......:w00t:

Perfect, Great!! :thumbup:
Problem, solved.

I ask you for advice:
My project is replicated a MCP; but the single card arduino mega support all displays(6 x module 8 bit 7 segments) and 16 leds
for annunciators ? or is the better use a transformer 9 volts?

Thanks.
KL737
2020-05-05 18:41
pizman82
Supporter
Thats no problem "normaly"

The 7Seg Tubes need verry less power cause they "mutliplexing" ..... means whatever you see a lot of numbers..... technical only one digit of each Display is illuminated same time ( 1000 times per second changing) ..... So these are just some mA.

We can use 500mA per Mega from USB Power.... Or we can use 800mA overall per Mega within its own limitations.
So the question is just what LED you are using.... 14 x 40 mA would be problematic but normaly most users use 10mA or less.... So its working fine !

To awnser your question by youreself..... Simply check the power of the LED ..... If they are 20mA or less your system will work fine with USB Power !
Good Luck !
2020-05-06 00:11
Berna_Berna
Hello, I did what appears on the blog and the values ​​are still 0 CRS,SPD,HDG,ALT,VERT SPD :-/
2020-07-04 01:45
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Berna.
Welcome !

Pretty sure one of the listed problems!
Please check again.
Mostly the INI entry is missing if all Outputs are zero !
Good Luck !
2020-07-04 03:03
icon