MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
Every time I start MF Connector I have to do it two times.
First time it opens an remain so for about 5-6 sec and then closes
Next time it works ok.
I always use administrator as start. Why
HenningR
2020-04-26 15:09
pizman82
Supporter
Thats not normal.

Can you confirm this happens always or only on first usage after systemstart ??

So
1. Start Computer
2. Start Mobiflight first time
Problem Occure and Mobiflight ends
3. Start Mobiflight second time
Mobiflight will run fine as you said.
4. Close Mobiflight
5. Start Mobiflight a third time
WHAT happen ?? Does it run again or does issue occure again ?

Sounds like a initialisation problem of the Mega, maby.
Good Luck !
2020-04-26 20:18
hrings
It happens the same.
After computer restart.
Start of MF stays open for about 10 sec yellow mark on modules and fsuipc Status, then it close itself
Start second time all ok.
If I now disconnect (turn it off) the same thing happens when starting up again.

can you also help me with the offset for Right trip bleed off.
The left is 64DF and I have tried with 64 DG and also 64DA but it seems that none of them are correct. With both I have light on all time
HenningR
2020-05-01 21:07
hrings
You may be right that it is some connection problem.
I found out thet it was installed in my Dropbox and and under file PMDG that I have there.
How can I install it in another directory without loosing all my information and all I have placed in the .mfmc and mfc register
HenningR
2020-05-01 21:23
pizman82
Supporter
OK....

So the problem is still happen..... Thats bad. Here i not know a solution a.t.m.
Maybe a another idea is to check if Mobiflight realy get closed or if it would run "backround".
If you like you can open Task manager and observe if Process is stop or if it is still running in Backround

Also please confirm you run Mobflight as Admin!

About Offset:
iconQuote:

64DF ---- 2 BYTE x 2 ----- AIR_annunBleedTripOff (2)

Like all (x2) Offsets this means here are TWO Offets in a row.....
Your Issue is you not understand counting in HEXADecimal.
First Offset : 64DF 1 Byte
Second Offset: 64E0 1Byte

In Hexa we count 0123456789ABCDEF .... In your case after "F" come a "0" and we add +1 on the number in front ... So the "D" come to a "E" DF+1=E0
Good Luck !
2020-05-01 21:26
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Henning,

do you know the hexadecimal number system? Olease look above "Tutorials -> Community Guides -> Working with digital values.

The offset after 64DF is 64E0 and the one before is 64DE.

In the List you have the entry: 64DF 2 BYTE x 2 AIR_annunBleedTripOff[2] Boolean

The [2] means that this Annunicator exists two times. 64DF and 64E0. The amount of both is two bytes. An indicator for 1 Byte length is always boolean.
If you look into the lists of the B747 you will often find the [4], because these items exists 4 times (4 engines).

The other issue. Did you start the megas with your PC or later and did you start MF right away the megas? Give the megas 10-15 seconds to initialisize and then start MF.
The behavior you describe is not normal, anyway.
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-05-01 21:39
StephanHo
Supporter
BINGO again
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-05-01 21:40
StephanHo
Supporter
If MF runs in the background you can not start it again a second time.
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-05-01 21:42
hrings
Can the answer below be the answer of the problems with starting MF:::

You may be right that it is some connection problem.
I found out that mfVonnector.exe was installed in my Dropbox and and under file PMDG that I have there.
How can I install it in another directory without loosing all my information and all I have placed in the .mfmc and mfc register
HenningR
2020-05-02 01:40
pizman82
Supporter
Mobiflight is not "installed" like other software..... It´just a selfextracting EXE file.....
That mean it get extracted in the folder you use the downloaded EXE at first time.

Whatever you can copy the folder normaly to another spot i recommend to make a new intallation..... Download the newest Version from MF Homepage and copy it in the folder of your choice ( Empty) and then RUN the file.... Mobiflight extract itself. ( Not use Windows folder like programmfilesx86 ..... We recommend a own partiton like d: )
Only needed workflow now is to imput again the Arduino IDE path and maby ajust the Polling Rate and tick the checkmark for Offlinemode if you use it.

About the Files:

MFMC is not used by the System. This is just backup. You can copy them wherever you want.
The MCC File can be copy paste also..... Just note at startup MF try to load the last used file .If you have moved that mcc to another spot MF will not find it and start with a example file.
But if you manualy load it and save at the end then it will find it next time like always.

Last Note: I recommend to finaly delete the old installation. Else this can be confusing if you use a Link on Desktop that goes to wrong version.... Also maby Updates are done in wrong Mobilflight and you wondering why you not have newest version whatever you update it ( cause it updated the other installation e.g.)
Good Luck !
2020-05-02 08:26
hrings
Thanks a lot to the guys that answer this site for rapid and fantastic advise.
MF is a miracle
This did not solve the problem with the start up but it still work ok after starting it second time.
I now made an file Mobiflight on D: and placed it there. all the old files where deleted

HenninR
[Last edited by hrings, 2020-05-02 13:55]
2020-05-02 11:08
icon