MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
thatchi
Credit to pizman who inspired this setup. I got b777 mcc config file from him and quickly skimmed through it due to time constraint .
It not perfect nor complete , but basically functional and I am sure pizman will perfect this . I am not a perfectionist and it fun to try out the boeing . I fly Airbus mostly.
Hardware part . I use x3 max7219 in series with 5vdc connected directly to each modules . You can connect 5vdc to modules in series and short the diodes to avoid voltage drop . It probably ok for x3 modules but more than that could create problems .
I split first module to 2 section , each for spd and for hdg . Second module for vs and third one for alt . 3 digits selected for spd and hdg , 5 for vs and alt .
Setup part . I create these outputs , you can call them any name you want .

Vs mode, offset 655D int 1 bytes
Hdg mode, 655C int 1 bytes
Vs blank read, 6550 int 1bytes
Spd blank read, 6544 int 1bytes
Spd display, 6540 float 4bytes
Hdg display, 6546 int 2bytes padding on
Alt display, 6548 int 2bytes padding on space selected
Transform if($<0,$+65536,$)
Vs display, 654A int 2bytes padding on space selected
Precondition use vs mode=0
Fpa display, 654C float 4bytes padding on space selected decimal checked ( fourth digit )
Transform Round($*10,0)
Precondition use vs mode=1

Issues , fpa +0.5 displayed as .5 , 0 and + missing , fpa -0.5 displayed as -.5 , 0 missing . So 0 and + needed to be displayed if you are picky about it .
Also when vs/fpa turn off ( in managed mode ) , either vs or fpa still displayed and needed to turn off by display ' ' to offset 654A or 654C .
Spd will switch to Mach under certain condition and needed to be incoperated.
I hope this can be helpful for some newbie like me and everyone welcome to contributed . I know pizman will . His setup is quite complex .
Happy flying .
[Last edited by thatchi, 2020-04-02 05:29]
2020-04-02 00:38
thatchi
Anyone knows how to display space instead of digit for max7219. i.e. Blank out the digits .
2020-04-02 01:25
thatchi
I found the thread about display space. Will modify the config later .
2020-04-02 02:51
thatchi
Problem is how to display space ( string value ) to , for example , offset 654A vs display which defined as int 2 bytes .
2020-04-02 04:13
thatchi
My research about isa Mach change over ,
http://www.infinidim.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IAS-Mach-Changeover-FCOM.jpg
In ascending , change over to Mach at .84 Mach .
In descending , change over to isa at 310 knots .
Range is 100-399 isa .
Range is .40-.95 Mach .
2020-04-02 05:22
pizman82
Supporter
I know i know.
I must write this tutorial as soon as possible.

But thank you to "thatchi" .... As you said. Baisicly the MCP Displays are no real problem and can be done also for a beginner within 20 Minutes.

The Real tricky part ( why i need 8 Hours whatever i got experience) is to solve exactly this "little" Issues.
For example that FPA not show .5 if it should show 0.5 or that VS show "0000" and not "0" in neutral setting.
A other example was Lighttest in SPD Display.... It was no problem to implliment it BUT it show .888 cause for the system the Lighttest looks like Machspeed .88
BUT in PMDG Virtual Cockpit the Lighttest only show 888 (without the decimal)
It take me over 1 Hour to find a logic that this little decimal Point is not shown when i do a lighttest BUT it must be shown in Mach Speed .888
OR It take me also a lot of time to Blank the VS Display when it is set to FPA cause the Decimal Point can nornmaly not be blanked here.... So i have to build a difficult logic to delete this Decimal while Display should be dark.

My target was to build a Config that is 100% like in PMDG Cockpit.... If you guys can life with this little issues then you not need my formulas.... Then you can simply read the Offset and maby make a couple of easy compares and all is fine. ( Like thatchi said)

So... My guide is adressed to perfectionist guys who need a 100% Soution withot compromises.
AND it should be a "learning example" how we be able to work with placeholders and write complex formulas.
Hopefully i can write it next days.
Good Luck !
2020-04-02 08:42
thatchi
I got it by reading through this thread,
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/686.html?page=1
Thanks pizman.
2020-04-03 07:32
pizman82
Supporter
Oh Sorry....
While i argument for my system i completly overread you also ask a question above about the Blank logic... *shame on me* :blush:

Whatever.... You solve it. So its fine !
Good Luck !
2020-04-03 08:17
thatchi
Pizman, you are a big help already. It so great that you do take so much time to answer most problems asked here , no matter big or small. We much appreciate your effort .
One lesson from this setup . During my trial , there one instance I got MF refuse to run after turn off and on again. I thought it could be corrupted mcc file , so I rename it to mc , MF then start with an empty config since there no more mcc to load . I then rename it back to mcc and open it , I got unhandle exception error message , but it run fine after I click continue and ignore the error . If I turn off and turn on MF again , same thing happen . I then remember during my programming course undergrad , I have to declare all variables at beginning before I can refer to them later on in my program . So I recreate my outputs , keep status outputs ( ones that be referred later in place holder , like vs mode in my b777 setup ) first , then display outputs last , since there no way to move output rows up or down in my config , they list in the order that they created . And my config run all the time without exception error or hangup MF . So it may help to avoid errors if we remember that the order of outputs can be important and we should keep the output names short and simple without special characters .
But you already thought about it in the thread I mentioned above . I just reiterate it here . Again thanks a million pizman .
2020-04-03 10:10
pizman82
Supporter
Thank You Sir ! :blush:

Funny Fact.... While Building that config i also get Error Messages and need a couple of minutes and a cup of Coffee to understand the nature of Problem. I also create a Indication Config behind the Config that use it.... But in case of testing all time while creating the issue was not vissible directly and occure on next systemstart for the first time. Verry Confusing !

I must request this to Sebastian.... Maby it is possible to change that Logic in Mobiflight in the future.

I think about a system that every used Config got a intitial Value of "0" Zero after Start Mobiflight ..... So Every Config got a value (0) before the first Read happen instead of be "Empty, False" at the moment....
In that Case the First loop can already work with Variables, whatever they are all Zero and make no sense ..... But that no problem cause this only happen for 0,1 Seconds at beginning.... Then after first Loop all Data is updated correct and all Conditions work fine.
Good Luck !
2020-04-03 19:18
thatchi
In programming , the computer will do what been programmed in sequence . So I think it not that simple to just give all initial output in config a value of 0 will stop the error messages.
For example , we define 3 outputs ,
Output 1, vs display will show offset 654A if vs mode=0 and vs blank=0 , blank it if vs mode=0 and vs blank=1
Output 2 , vs mode with offset 655D ( read vs mode value )
Output 3 , vs blank with offset 6550 ( read vs blank value )
We save the config then turn off MF
Now we start MF , MF will execute those outputs in sequence . Output 1 first and MF will look for vs mode and vs blank to evaluate but they are not defined yet , not until MF get to output 2 and 3 row . Hence MF hang and refuse to start if autorun enable or give error message if MF in stop mode.
I will test this once I am home and use my Fsx computer .
Will post findings later .
[Last edited by thatchi, 2020-04-04 12:07]
2020-04-04 12:02
pizman82
Supporter
I not know the Status of those Configs at Systemstart.... So i call it "EmptyFalse" above.

By the Way.... For "Precodnition" we can use also a Config that is located behind. Looks like Mobiflight simply ignore this in that case and say something like "always true if target Config not include a value" .
But for "Placeholder" that is pretty sure problematic cause it must be a REAL Value like a INT, FLT or STR .

So i think befor the first Read in the starting Loop all Configs have all the same "status" for the Programm..... Maby FALSE or a programming "null"
But i think our Variable can not copy-paste THIS value. ( Thats why i think its "null" ) and so there is a Error !

If Sebastian change this by a codeline that say " At First loop write "0" Zero to all exsting Config Lines on there "Output Value".
Then a Precondition or a Placeholder will work ( Cause it read a existing Value (0) now ) And after the fist Loop all "Fake Zeros" are overwritten already by the first readout Value from Sim.

Hopefully Sebastian read this and reply.
Good Luck !
2020-04-04 16:38
thatchi
Pizman , you right . Those parameters or offsets in placeholder and precondition have to be defined first , otherwise MF won't run when it first start .
Here my config for vs display for pmdg b777

VS mode , 655D , int , 1bytes
VS blank , 6550 , int , 1bytes
VSFPA anun , 6577 , 1bytes
VS display , 654A , int , 2bytes , display as 5 digits in module 2 padding on and space checked
Transform , if(b=1,99999,$) , select placeholder VS blank as b
Compare , if =99999 , set to ' '
Precondition , VS mode=0
FPA display , 654C , float , 4bytes , display as 5 digits in module 2 padding on and space checked , decimal checked at 4th digit
Transform , if(c=0,99999,Round($*10,0)) , select placeholder VSFPA anun as c
Compare , if =99999 , set to ' '
Precondition , VS mode=1

It work well with small issues , like missing leading + and 0 in FPA display and . can not be deleted when blank . But I am not fussy about it.
Then I changed the order and put VS mode row after display , MF refuse to run. I changed back to original order , MF run fine .
Also you can change row order by high light the row and click on the description title bar . But MF won't save the order changed. Next start up , MF load the original order again . You have to reenter the outputs in proper order . Maybe it can be fixed .
[Last edited by thatchi, 2020-04-04 23:04]
2020-04-04 22:33
pizman82
Supporter
Take Care.....

iconthatchi:

Also you can change row order by high light the row and click on the description title bar . But MF won't save the order changed. Next start up , MF load the original order again . You have to reenter the outputs in proper order . Maybe it can be fixed .

If you click the Title bar you just sort the Configs by there Names instead there real Position in the File.....

Mobiflight run the Configs in sequence as they are defined in the *.mcc file. So it no matter how you sort it in the connector window.... And Sure The new Sort ( by name) can not be saved cause this is just optical.

There are only 2 Ways to change "real" sort of Configs in there code .....

1. by Editing the MCC file with a Text Editor and Copy Paste whole elements on other positions.....
or
2. Bu using "Duplicate Config" on the Position we need.
A New Config is normaly always on the End of the file..... But if we duplicate a existing Configline then the "twin" will be inserted directly behind the selected config.
Thats perfect to create a Config on a special Position....
Not be Confused.... those Configs are not empty like a new created Line..... they include the data from the one we duplicated..... BUT you can simply change those settings to the needed Name, Offset and so on we like to use.

Hopefully you understand.... Bad to explane in English
Good Luck !
2020-04-05 00:45
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Please Contact me via DISCORD
(Short PM with name and B777 Request)

I will search for the files tonight and send it to you.
And we can also talk via Discord of you got Questions to it.
Good Luck !
2021-09-19 09:28
icon