MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
StephanHo
Supporter
Yes, send me the file : stephanho [at] t-online.de
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-03-08 10:39
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Lets tlk about basic situation and facts....

I not understand why you always say you delete the mfmc file.
This file is like a "BackUp" It have no connection to the board and is NOT used by Mobiflight at any time.
This file is just to "rebuild" a Mega if something get wrong..... Then you can load this file instead to creating all single devices by hand.

Second question....
iconPiotr66:

At the same Mega my Arudino scripts are working without any problem, but I don’t use EPPROM. I will try write something and try out.

Just to confirmation.... You not try to upload something like a script youreself aslong Mega is used for Mobiflight .... right ??
Mobiflight is using the EEPROM (Device Settings and so on) and also the normal memeroy ( where you upload sketches by hand) for the firmware.
So.... If you Flash firmware the board is "blocked" for all other stuff.... You can not use for example Pin 10-20 with own code and the others by Mobiflight.

Finaly.... Where is the problematic spot.

You write you rename the Boards.... If i would be in your situation i would simply not rename it and check if THIS change the situation and problem no longer occure.
Maby the Symbol "_" is the Problem..... I personaly use for Device or Mega Names only 0-9 and a-z No Spaces no symbols.

At least.... Can you Confirm finaly problem is not at the Mega.....
If you got a second or third mega.... Maby you can confirm problem is still on one board ?
Good Luck !
2020-03-08 12:37
Piotr66
iconpizman82:

I not understand why you always say you delete the mfmc file

Because I didn’t know which role this file makes. I believe that somebody advice me earlier to delete this file, because it’s corrupted. Now I know.
iconpizman82:

Just to confirmation.... You not try to upload something like a script youreself aslong Mega is used for Mobiflight .... right ??
Mobiflight is using the EEPROM (Device Settings and so on) and also the normal memeroy ( where you upload sketches by hand) for the firmware

Of course not! Is it possible at all? I was just saying, that at Mega which has problem with MoboFlight I can successfully use my own “programs” written in modified C/C++ for Arduino and everything works fine. But except one, thay don’t use EPPROM. If I only find some more free time, I will make one for test.
iconpizman82:

Mby the Symbol "_" is the Problem..... I personaly use for Device or Mega Names only 0-9 and a-z No Spaces no symbols

No, it makes no difference (with or without this symbol).
iconpizman82:

If you got a second or third mega.... Maby you can confirm problem is still on one board ?

As I wrote at the beginning this thread, I did it. I make test with three Megas. One was brand new, and I original Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3, not a clone.

And the tests with those 3 Megas was done again today. 3 x the same situation.
[Last edited by Piotr66, 2020-03-10 19:59]
2020-03-10 15:10
pizman82
Supporter
Thank you for wonderfull cooperation.
Our work would be much more comfortable if all user are a bit more like you.

We try to rebuild this.... Hopefully Sebastian also get involved....

Please stay tuned !
Good Luck !
2020-03-10 23:08
Piotr66
Hi,

Lately I was intensively looking for solution trying many different scenario. Unfortunately with no success.

But today I discover something which may be a guide for Sebastian.

1 - As always I cleared EPROM and upload MobiFlight firmware
2 - After that I added devices (1 x encoder, 15 x Output (LED’s) and 9 x Button (switches to be precise). All in one step.
3 - Upload configuration and save mfmc file.
4- Exit MobiFlightConnector, Mega off and on, and run MobiFlightConnector again.

All is good, Mega is recognizable and devices on the place. So I made a try and add two LCD display (lcd1, 0x27, 8x2 and lcd2, 0x26, 24x2).
During upload process window about failure was shown. After that Mega module was unusable (as described above).

Then I done this:

1 - Cleared EPROM and upload MobiFlight firmware
2 - After that I added devices (1 x encoder, 15 x Output (LED’s) and 9 x Button (switches to be precise), 1 x LCD display (LCD display, 0x27, 16x2). All in one step.
3 - Upload configuration and save mfmc file.
4- Exit MobiFlightConnector, Mega off and on, and run MobiFlightConnector again.

And surprise!!! All is good, Mega is recognizable and devices on the place. So I add another LCD display as LCD display2 (0x26, 16x2).
Upload configuration, save mfmc file, Mega off and on, and run MobiFlightConnector again.

And… still, all is good and working! I was so happy.

Then I was trying to change LCD Display configuration from 16x2 to 8x2 for LCD display and 24x2 for LCD display2.
Upload configuration, save mfmc file, Mega off and on, and run MobiFlightConnector again.
During upload process window about failure was shown. After that Mega module was unusable (as described above). ☹

So, when I add lcd displays with default columns and rows configuration (16x2) – everything is fine and working.
But when I’m adding lcd display with different columns and rows parameters – it’s make my Mega’s unusable.

Situation is constantly repeatable. On another PC or Mega board too.

Please help!
2020-03-21 01:58
pizman82
Supporter
:thumbup: LOL
Interesting.
Maby this is the key and Sebastian can check that.

Just to explane why this maby could happen.

I not use a LCD Display..... Cause whatever you build a Airbus A320, B737 B777 or a Cessna ( And thats 95% of all users here) you NOT need a LCD Display.
So also Sebastian not realy need it and pretty sure just implement it for Users who build a Multi-Aircraft Panel.
Also pretty sure he order 1-2 Displays in the past for testing. Same i did. O order one Display 16x2 to make Beta Tsting for Sebastian and to reproduce User Problems. But i will not order other Displays cause i not need them in my finaly cockpit.

Also important to know is that LCD Support include a Library that is simply implement in Mobiflight Code..... Not Written by Sebastian. So he maby not know himself what this code will do..... He simply use it and aslong it work for him all was fine.
In case he test all the System only with his 1-2 Displays he bought ( pretty sure also 16x2) he never see the problem.
Hardly said.... maby the Library finaly not support Displays with 24 Digits .... Or the Variable that us used in Mobiflight for the Diggits is limmited to 20 and occure in that error.

Hopefully he read this and will check that fact.
THANK YOU for research.... I think thats exactly the problematic Spot !
Good Luck !
2020-03-21 16:02
Piotr66
So, there is no hope do find solution? :(
2020-04-11 19:40
Piotr66
It seems that problem is solved.

I couldn’t wait so long, so I checked source code MobiFlightConnector (as I can).
I compiled it and track step by step what is going during adding LCDDisplay checking values of variables.
Everything seems to be OK until trying save config to Arduino. Error code was return.

I thought that the problem must be in firmware and bingo! I found little bug, after eliminate it – everything is working as it should.
2020-04-19 23:14
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Again.... And sorry i miss to reply for your last posting.

Badly Sebastian i verry busy at the moment. I also have no personal contact since longer time.

PLEASE
If you sovle this Problem ( in your personal downloaded Version) please get into BitBucket and Report this "solution" to Sebastian so he can see your reworked code.
Maby alternate is to send him a Email.

This would be verry helpfull so he can also solve this for all other users within the next release !

Thank you and apollogy for missing support from our side !
Good Luck !
2020-04-20 00:13
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2