MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
I have tried the setup described under the tutorial for a servo setup. It is ok til I comes to the section to set the flap preset. I cant find any of the flap setting mentioned here. Next problem and the stop of the programming for under the display setting of use type I don't have any drop down at all and there it stops here.
Under The Flap FSUIPC the only flap setting I have here on drop down is : Flap Control, : Flap Index, : Flap Indicator left and flap Indicator Right. Anyone to explain this to me as I am new to Mobiflght and is experimenting to use it with the Arduino Mega 2560
Henning
2020-01-14 01:16
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Henning
Welcome to Mobiflight !

Your Problem is that this tutorial is a little out of date..... It use "Presets" that was reworked and renamed within a later update of Mobiflight.
Thats a exampl why i personaly voite against the implimentation of Presets.... Cause new Users just klick on out without understanding the logic behind..... And if something is not working then they come to a endpoint ..... Without presets you would have to already learned how Offsets work and how data must be inserted youreself.

Whatever i can help you.... Just Note.... Servo and Steppers are advanced Stuff.... You should already understand the basic technics before you startup here.

A first you must know what aircraft you like to use..... FSX/P3D support a Standard Offset, that work for all Stock Aircrafts ( and also for most AddOns) but AddOns mostly support us a "better" Offset that is more usefull ( Like PMDG).
What you choose in Presets are the Standard Offsets .... 0BE0 for Flaps Indicator Left and 0BE4 for Flaps Indicator Right ( Two sides cause Jets like B737 have 2 Needles in those Displays and a OWN Scale for each side ) . If you fly without maintance and technical issues then its enough to use Left Side ..... Cause your Hydraulics got never broke and right side will always be in same position.
Second thing is to think about the Hardware.... A Servo is mostly only usefull for verry easy gauges like in a Cessna. For a B737 Flaps Gauge a Stepper Motor is better cause those gauges got more Positions.... Must run Smoother and are above 180° Rotation..... Here Servos are inpracticable.

About the Offsets/Presets

The readout Value now is a number between 0 (Flaps UP) and 16383 ( Flaps DOWN )

For Linear Flaps Gauges you can now do the same like in Tutorial.
Set in Servo Settings Tab " Min Value 0 ( Flaps UP) and Max Value 16383 ( Flaps DOWN)
Then your Servo show Flaps Position as you like.

For non Linear Gauges its much more advanced and you need INTERPOLATION .
Please use forum search here..... If you not find awnsers request again here and tell me where you hang..... then i will guid you through!
Good Luck !
2020-01-14 09:00
hrings
Thanks for the answer
I intend to used it withP3Dv4 and PMDG and the intention is to use a stepper for the flaps indicator. I have all the offset and event settings.It was mere to experiment with MF.
I discovered to day maybe why the dropdown did'nt work. It uploaded with fault and I don't know why. I tried with control wire in several positions
I tried it with a Futaba 3003 and it said upload finished with error
Henning
[Last edited by hrings, 2020-01-14 10:44]
2020-01-14 10:38
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Henning,

if you'll work with a stepper, try this thread: https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/4949.html
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-01-14 12:12
pizman82
Supporter
iconhrings:

I discovered to day maybe why the dropdown did'nt work. It uploaded with fault and I don't know why. I tried with control wire in several positions
I tried it with a Futaba 3003 and it said upload finished with error

???

What "Dropdown" do you talk about ? ..... What do you "upload" ??? Where do you use control wires in positions ? What is a control wire basicly ?? and what is Futaba 3003

Are you sure we talk about Mobiflight ?? :confused: :cry:

EDIT:
Just google for Futaba to understand you..... Pretty sure you mean with "dropdown" the "popup" that comes if you upload a DEVICE on Mega Board.

At first Mobiflight not care about if you have the wire set to the Mega..... You can Upload Devices also to a Empty Mega without connection to the Motor.

If you got a ERROR Message while uploading devices then you have NOT set a Arduinio IDE Adress in the field below OR you completly miss to install the IDE.
So.... Get sure Arduino Software and Driver are intalled and set Adress of Arduino Installation Path in the field below the Upload Button !
[Last edited by pizman82, 2020-01-14 16:29]
Good Luck !
2020-01-14 16:19
hrings
Error message disappered when restarting MF.
It had somehow missed something because the adress was in place
When I talk about dropdown. it is on the Config wissard page, display, and after: use type of. In that field it is a drop down menue to choose from.
as I understand how many you have here is depending on how many items you have loaded on the main page (connector)
But what to program to turn the direction of the needle ( start at 9 o'clock and turning right.
Henning
2020-01-14 22:20
pizman82
Supporter
Silly Question.....

Henning sounds german..... Speak you german ? I´m a bit confused with english translation here.
If Yes... Lets talk german ! Much more easy.
Good Luck !
2020-01-15 09:45
hrings
Unfortionally not. I am Norwegian and yes I speak a little bit German But not good in writing Deutch.
What is the confusion? and nay be I can explain it more.
Henning
2020-01-18 20:09
pizman82
Supporter
Sorry again.

In case my enlgish is not the best ( i´m bavarian since birth) i got sometimes problems to understand some requests.

In your situation i not understand the exactly point of problem.

Normaly there should be no "error message"
And you said something about how to set "9 o clock" position.....
If you got a error message overall at systemstart then you can not think about the 9 o clock position cause Mobiflight will basicly not start as you said.

Lets try it Step By Step

1. Get a clean or new Mega.
2. Set it
3. Start Mobiflight
4. Does Mobiflight ask you to flash Firmware ??? If Yes do it.
5. Restart Mobiflight ( Not 100% needed, but i recommend to do)
6. Create SERVO or STEPPER Device via /Settings/MobiflightBoards
7. Click on UPLOAD to save Device Settings to the Mega Board
8. Another RESTART of Mobiflight and Mega Board ( Again not official needed but recommend by myself)
9 Start Mobiflight
10 Create a OUTPUT Config
11 RUN Mobiflight .... RUN Sim .... Test the Gauge

Where exactly the Error Message occure ??? Where exactly your problem is located ?
Good Luck !
2020-01-19 01:16
icon