MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
pizman82
Supporter
Sorry i can´t help directly....

So at last you can do a update of FSUIPC if possible. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Finaly i got no experience with STEAM Edition.... I got FSX as CD Version from the first days it was sold in germany.
Maby the Steam Version is the problem..... But otherwiese lots of users here have the Steam Version and i not know much problem reports.

So Sorry i cant help you more.
Good Luck !
2018-05-31 03:31
A.thun
So i finally figured it out. Really silly problem.
When i installed fsx this time i didnt realise that there was some old files from before still left on the hard drive in a different directory.
So when i installed FSUIPC it went to the old files instead of my current installation.
I simply erased the old ones and installed FSUIPC again, got a message that asked me to specify where FSX is installed this time. So i did and everything works great!
2018-05-31 18:03
pizman82
Supporter
:scared:

Nasty.... The same happend to me too lots of years ago.... I just forgot and now i remember as you told about.

I had FSX installed in C:/Programmfilesx86 ( Witch is bad in case of Write protection windows secure folders)
Then i install it again on a another Harddrive partition d:/fsx
BUT i forgot to delete the old one or better i forgot to clean up the "registry" of Windows 7

Same result... FSUIPC Update was decleared as complete and ok.... BUT it have automaticly found the WRONG install.

Last Note:
I recommend to you if you finish with first experiments and you plan for your final system.... I would make a 100% new System for this.
Format c: !! All new . After years of flying there is so much trash in the system.... Specialy when you use it for other things like games and working, too.
A Final Simulator PC should be 100% correct and used only for Flightsim !
Good Luck !
2018-05-31 18:22
A.thun
Yes very tricky when FSUIPC declares as a complete install, and MF gets connection when not running.

I will do exactly as you say. Building a new computer specially for my flight sim. :thumbup:
Since there will be a couple of programs running, a lot of usb devices and a couple of screens/projector connected.
Just hope i will be able to run everything from only one computer. :-/
2018-06-01 10:00
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2