MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
gippo
(My English is not very good)I've discovered this amazing software just today, and I've immediately completed the “LED - parking brake” tutorial just to check it out. I've started FSX (steam edition) and select a free flight. At this point, in MobiFlight both “modules” and “FSUIPC Status” are fine (they are marked whit the green logo), but as soon as I press “Run” and switch to FSX(which is in windows mode), after just a second or two, the message “The connection to FSUIPC got lost” appear my screen, and the “FSUIPC status” get marked whit the yellow triangle. When I stop MobiFlight the Status goes back to the green logo again. I can't figure out what's is wrong. I'm using windows 10, if this can help you - Thanks.

Correction: one of my friends was able to fix this problem, this post can be eliminted, thanks.
[Last edited by gippo, 2016-11-21 18:24]
2016-11-21 16:57
DocMoebiuz
Please share the solution with us - maybe it's of help for somebody with a similar problem.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - MSFS2020, FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2016-11-22 16:14
pedrofer
what was the solution for that???
2017-03-19 03:09
pedrofer
I DID an upgrade now nothing works :confused:
2017-03-19 03:10
Ale1200Adv
Same problem here... please share the solution :-(
2017-05-29 22:41
StephanHo
Supporter
I got this also sometimes
It's error #12 - connection to fsuipc lost.
Normaly MF installs the connection itself after a moment. Then start MF again (green triangle) and all will work fine

@pedrofer & Ale1200Adv: if nothing works after an upgrade, try a manually reset of the MEGA-board and start MF. Thereafter it should work again.
Grüße,
Stephan
2017-05-29 22:56
Ale1200Adv
This was my first installation, I test it and the led goes on, when I open MF both card and fsuipc icons are green, but when i click on run fsuipc gets yellow and tells me that connection to fsuipc got lost... tried everithing but with no luck...
2017-05-30 00:10
Ale1200Adv
I solved installing FSUIPC, it was not clear to me that I had to install it.

I have FSX steam edition.

Thanks!
2017-05-30 02:19
StephanHo
Supporter
Go to "EXTRAS" -> "SETTINGS" and enable "LOGGING".

Then you can follow what is MF doing in a little window on the UI between the MAPPINGS and STATUS display.
MF stops working if you setup a wrong (or incorrect) instruction. To scroll this area just click it and use the cursor-keys.
Grüße,
Stephan
2017-05-30 09:21
karla
May I add my recent identical experience to this?

I changed my Mobiflight program Properties/Compatibility/Run this program as an administrator (tick). No further problem this past month.
2017-09-28 23:11
shearder
I am getting "The connection to FSUIPC got lost" - the logged error info is:
26/03/2018 10:39:50(541): Error on config execution. FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to class instance 00 of WideClient.exe is not open.
26/03/2018 10:39:21(703): Error on config execution. FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to class instance 00 of WideClient.exe is not open.

Tests are successful outside of FSX but it is not communicating with FSX. I have tried admin mode and still not. I have turned off the antivirus and firewalls etc etc (just in case) and nothing works.
2018-03-26 10:42
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi shearder,

did you actually work with WIDEFS? If MF is not on the same Computer with the Sim, you have to install WIDEFS. How to config WIDEFS you should look into the manual of WIDEFS.

If you didn't work withe WIDEFS you have to install MF on the same computer where your Sim is running.
Grüße,
Stephan
2018-03-26 11:12
A.thun
Hi guys! I've got the same problem
Tried to set up mobiflight with arduino mega today, fsuipc installed (demo mode).
So i tried the flap step 1 with servo according to the tutorial and it works fine when testing in MobiFlight.

So i get the FSUIPC connection green when i don't run the program as admin, But as soon as i press run i get the error message "FSUIPC connection got lost".

when i enable log i get the following message. Error on config execution. FSUIPC Error #12: FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG. Error sending message to FSUIPC

I use FSX Steam edition.Did you ever get any solution to this problem?
2018-05-29 16:40
pizman82
Supporter
Not realy.... I not get this problem till now.

So just some recommentations.....

1. If you try the Admin Mode then get shure ALL Programms you use are in Admin Mode.... so... Mobiflight in Admin NEED FSX in Admin, TOO
( Myself I run EVERY Programm ALWAYS in admin Mode .... Whatever i simply use "Calculator" or "Paint" .... Have never problems like lots of other users)

2. If you use a Network ( FSX on PC1 and Mobiflight on PC2 THEN you need WideFS AND the Registred PAYWARE Version of FSUIPC ( 20$ each)
For a system on ONE Computer you can work with "Demo FSUIPC"

3. Whatever you use a Freeware or Payware FSUIPC..... In Both situations get it always UptoDate ! If this is the included version of your primary FSX Instalation ( or a installed old version by a addOn then it can be problematic.... So get the newest Version of 2018 ( That is for your FSX STEAM EDITION )

4. Try to change your sequence.... Do you Start Mobifligh Programm before or after the FSX ? Do you start FSX from Steamclient or by icon ?
Try out if problem is gone if you change this.... For example try to start Mobiflight AFTER FSX or otherwiese BEFORE FSX and report experience !
Good Luck !
2018-05-29 23:49
A.thun
Thank you for your recommendations.

I have not completely ruled out that this might be an admin issue. I don't know if i actually am able to start FSX as admin.
i use the fsx.exe file in the program folder when i start, not through steam. It goes like this.
MobiFlight non admin + fsx non admin = connection
MobiFlight non admin + fsx admin = connection
MobiFlight admin + fsx non admin = no connection
MobiFlight admin + fsx admin = no connection

So i'm thinking that maybe i haven't actually been able to start fsx as admin. maybe im doing something wrong?
I've tried starting as admin both by right clicking and activated the admin box with a tick.
As i said i use the fsx.exe file, i've also tried starting it through steam but its the same results.

For now i run everything on the same computer.

Nothing different if i change the start sequence. i also have tried wih removing add-ons (mostly scenery on this thest computer).
I will continue trying to find solutions and I'm super grateful for all your input!
2018-05-30 11:10
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2