MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
pluckas
Supporter
Testing a "standard" annunciator, I've confirmed pins A0, A1, A2, A3, A4 and A14 are outputting the full voltage (a little under 5V on a powered Mega).

All other analog pins output 2.5V only.

In any case, if there's a limit on the number of outputs available due to current draw, then the issue is not that important (better to use an extra Mega).

Paul
2020-06-18 03:29
Joe_Snuffy
Whether or not this problem gets fixed is fine by me. I just started using the low voltage analog pins as outputs for setting up any preconditions I need. I think I have 3 at the moment on my FCU build, and will probably need a few more to get all the displays to put out dashes(-----) when in managed mode. That frees up full power pins for real things. Just my 2 cents.
2020-06-25 04:46
pizman82
Supporter
iconJoe_Snuffy:

I just started using the low voltage analog pins as outputs for setting up any preconditions I need.

Maybe you missunderstand..... For "Preconditions" you not need any Pins . I not understand where you set a Pin in the Dashes problematic ??
Good Luck !
2020-06-25 09:59
Joe_Snuffy
Pizman, I think, perhaps, you are right in regard to the displays for the FCU. I think I just figured that out while I was starting this response, I'll try it later. However, there are some things that I have to turn on that don't have an output associated with them, so I just set a pin to be a LED and that way I can keep it on or off as needed for my precondition. Unless I'm missing something, and granted I've only been at this about 2.5 months, the way preconditions seem to work in Mobiflight, I need to have it associated with an output. In any case, I'll figure it out, it's been working this way thus far.

Thanks again for all you do.
2020-06-25 13:44
pizman82
Supporter
Maybe some missunderstandings in case of translation.....

To clearify.... If you need a "indicator" for a precondition then your technical right.... This is always a OUTPUT Config.

For example you like in your FCU Display a Precondition that say " IF Offset from Batterywitch is ON then do xxxx" then you need a Output-Config that read "batteryswitch".
BUT
This Output Config not need a device. We just use it for preconditioning or to create placeholder informations. You can simply let the "Display Tab" Empty in this config.
In easy words.... A Output Config work 100% and read all time data also if you NOT use a device.
Good Luck !
2020-06-25 14:08
Joe_Snuffy
@pizman82 once again you are a awesome. Got it all working the way you said. It's counter-intuitive though to set up an output without defining it for the board, but it works. Only drawback I found, the output that are place holders MUST come before, from top to bottom, the outputs that they are going to be associated with. Once I moved them everything worked like a charm. I wonder if in some future update it would be possible to reorder the lines in OUTPUT and INPUT tabs. Only way to move was to either cut and paste int he MCC file or Copy output earlier in the string then change EVERYTHING for that output.

One other thing was on some of the outputs, I put in --- in the compare, and on another it had to be "---". Strange...

All-in-all thanks so much for making me look at that. It makes the panel look so much better, I even was able to get the VS push pull to do everything it is supposed to do now as well.
2020-06-26 04:31
pizman82
Supporter
Your again right.... For Preconditions its no mater but for placeholder the code is a bit more difficult.... Here the Config you use as placeholder MUST exist already when the config work first time. So it must be "above" the Config.

So your reqest is noted..... For next Meeting i ask for a "sorting system" and also for a logic that indicator Configs can be prior the other config and system should already work !

About your last note.....
Take care .... If i say here in forum for example In THEN field write "test" this means you should write just test WITHOUT the " " symbols. I just use this syntax so the users know what exactly is the thing they should enter.

Different is the >>> ' <<< Symbol. THIS is a part of Code ..... If you say 'test' this result in a string within a formula.
If you just enter a word with characters only in compare tab Then and else field you NOT need this ' ' symbols.... But if its a formula you need it !
So for example if($=1,test,0) will NOT work..... BUT if($=1,'test',0) will work.
BUT in transform both will create a error cause here strings are permitted..... Those formulas with Trings work ONLY in Compare !
Good Luck !
2020-06-26 15:08
Challenger
OK, It has been over half a year now that the analog ports have been implemented and moust of them are still not working. Is it really that difficult to fix that bug?
2020-06-29 09:41
pizman82
Supporter
I don´t know.

As you know, Stephan and me are just the forum supporters.
If there is a Bug or a problem we observe the situation, make testings and finaly make a report to Sebastian!
Analog Pin Problem was reported first time in January.... Detailed Bug Report was updated multiple times.
BUT
If Sebastian fix this or when he fix this we don´t know. Hardly said.... If he stop working on Mobiflight for 6 Months we not see or know this fact !

As i know he announced he like to increase work on a new patch within July.
We build a list with 10+ points for Bugs and high recommend features we like to implement. Hopefully he can solve all bugs and also script some new stuff this summer.
Good Luck !
2020-06-29 10:19
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2