MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Dogepanda
Hello Everyone. Im having a problem here:

I build an overhead panel using Arduino mega 2560 boards. Now im struggling with the programming part.. How do the offsets work? And do I need to use prosim? There are a lot of FSUIPC offsets already in the mobiflight but I also need offsets like LE Devices for the LEDS which I cannot find in Mobiflight.. Can someone explain to me how to make an offset for example the LE Devices and make it work with FSUIPC in FSX?

Thanks
2019-12-20 13:14
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Welcome!!!

At first you missunderstand a important factor.
You say you find a lot of things in Mobilfight but not the needed LE Flaps for example.
What you find are PRESETS ..... These are just Configs that are premade by Sebastian to make it more comfortable for the users. But basicly everything can be done Manualy. Means if a preset is not existing then you can simply create the config by hand. All you need is to know what is the offsetadress where Data is supported in FSUIPC.

For better understanding just create a config with the preset function and then look into the config.
All fields like Offsetadress, Typ, Size , Bitmask, BCDMode, Transform, Compare and so on is now filed ( if needed) by Mobiflight itself. BUT you can also just create a new config and insert those data by hand..... If you use same Data then your selfmade config work simmular to the Preset Config !

The Problem:
Mobiflight Preset are for STANDARD Aircrafts ( Like the B737 Stock Aircraft in FSX) . So you can show and work with all element that are included THERE. Specialy the Overhead is verry poor. Those Freeware Aircrafts mostly are not realistic and include only 20-30% of Systems. ( Simply check the virtual cockpit. If a Button is not klickable then its not simulated..... Bet example the FMC.... That not exist in the standard Aircraft )

So.... If you like to show a thing on your Homecockpit then it must be existing in Sim.... So you need a AddOn Aircraft that get a much deeper System.
ProSim (and also Project Magenta) are the HighEnd Systems.... 100% Compatible ..... Nearly 100% Deepness...... But verry expensive (1000-1800$ )
PMDG is the alternate for most of Cockpitbuilders ..... 90% Compatible 80-90% Deepness Below 100$
Other System like Ifly737 are OK, too but compatibilitiy is lower..... So you mostly need to use Things like SIOC and own programming

I recommend.....
NOT buy ProSim just 1-2 Years before the FS2020 will completly change the world of Cockpitbuilders..... There all will be new and different like now.
I would buy PMDG737 ( And also would think about using P3Dv4 ) Investment is maby 250-300 $ and it work fine.
BUT You must know if you plan to swap to FS2020 if you like to stay in FSX/P3D or if you want ProSim directly and costs are no real factor !
Good Luck !
2019-12-20 15:11
Dogepanda
Thanks Pizman! I have almost everything programmed now except for a couple things.. Im having problems with the MIC Selector LEDS I have found offset 65E2 but I dont know how to program it in Mobiflight. Maybe you can explain on how to do it.

Thanks
2020-01-02 15:37
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This is a PMDG B737 Offset...... So do i understand right you using now PMDG ??

If yes.... All needed Informations are listed in the PDF File included in your FSUIPC Folder.

iconQuote:

65E2 .... 3 BYTE x 3 COMM_SelectedMic(3)
Array: 0=capt, 1=F/O, 2=observer.
Values: : 0=VHF1 1=VHF2 2=VHF3 3=HF1 4=HF2 5=FLT 6=SVC 7=PA

So.... At first this is a Combined Offset .... 3 Bytes X 3 ..... That means this are baicly 3 indipendend Offsets but PMDG just write it in one Line in tht List.
The Note "Array 0=capt - 1= FO - 2= Observer" means First Byte is Left Radio (Captain) Second Byte is Right Radio (First Officer) and third Byte is Observer Radio in Overhead.
Offset 65E2 1 Byte INT = Cpt
Offset 65E3 1 Byte INT = FO
Offset 65E4 1 Byte INT = Observer

Then we must know the supported Data ..... The List say "Values: : 0=VHF1 1=VHF2 2=VHF3 3=HF1 4=HF2 5=FLT 6=SVC 7=PA"
So this Byte include Information for all 8 LED ....

To build this....
Create for every LED a single Config.... ALL Configs will read the same Offset ( e,g, for Left Radio Offset 65E2 1 Byte INT)
Now we need in every Config a "Compare" to handle the Value as we need it.
We like "1" if the needed LED Function is Active and "0" if a other function is active.
For example in VHF1 LED we will say in Compare : IF Value =0 THEN 1 ELSE 0
In HF1 we would say IF Value = 3 THEN 1 ELSE 0

Normaly this should work !
Good Luck !
2020-01-03 04:41
Dogepanda
Hi there, it works now thanks for the help!
2020-01-03 15:51
icon