MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
jc
Hi there, I have an old pc that I reinstalled windows xp on so I can use it in my project to build a radio stack. When I installed arduino ide and tried to upload a sketch I got this message. "Error compiling files for board , c:\ program files \ arduino \arduino builder returned 2 ,error compiling for board mega ". So I installed an older version of arduino ide and I had no problem uploading a sketch. I then proceeded to download and install mobiflight software. I downloaded the program but was unable to install it. The strange thing is I have done this process many times before on other pc's with the identical xp os without any issues so why now am I getting bad results . I'm baffled, does anyone have any idea on what might be causing this problem, much appreciated.
2019-12-12 17:04
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

What do you mean with " installing Mobiflight" ???
Install Mobiflight is just a selfextracting EXE file..... Here its no matter what System you got or if you have Arduino IDE installed or not.

Please tell us more detailed..... Is your problem to install Mobiflight connector software OR do you mean you have problems to flash firmware on arduinos or crwate new devices.
Good Luck !
2019-12-13 00:28
jc
Thank you, I'm afraid I'm away from the pc in question till Sunday. So I can't relay to you exactly what the message I get says. Yes I was unclear in my explanation. Mobiflight indeed unzips itself automatically in my downloads file. I don't get any prompt asking me in which destination folder I want to put it (usually arduino ). What happened is the program unzips i tself and that's as far as it goes, if I try and open mobiflight I get the error message I was referring to.
2019-12-13 07:38
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi jc,

pizman is right. MF is a selfextracting file. Copy the downloaded MFConnector.exe in a folder you want it to be installed and run the exe with administrator-permissions. The .exe will install itself in this folder and this is the folder you can MF start from in future. So a destination folder need not to be asked. Future versions you can copy to this folder. The extracted files overwrite the installed files und you get the new version in the same folder it has been before.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-12-13 08:56
jc
Thanks Stephan, I shall download it again on Sunday. Also the question still remains why I can't upload a sketch to my mega in the latest arduino ide and only in a much earlier version will it do so. I was thinking that there might be a connection as to the reasons why I'm having trouble with both arduino ide and mobiflight connector on this particular pc, whereby having used both on other PC's with no issues whatsoever,other than mobiflight not reading a particular mega clone that as your aware of I have discussed in another topic. JC.
2019-12-13 10:36
pizman82
Supporter
There are some Bugs at the moment in the new release that need to be checked by Sebastian when he is back at home.

But your situation looks strange....
iconjc:

When I installed arduino ide and tried to upload a sketch I got this message. "Error compiling files for board , c:\ program files \ arduino \arduino builder returned 2 ,error compiling for board mega ". So I installed an older version of arduino ide and I had no problem uploading a sketch.

So THIS is completly a Problem from your Arduino IDE Software or/and a Problme of your Hardware (Mega) .
But "Mobiflight" is not involved here.... So we can not help you.
Maby check if Arduino IDE Version is compatible with "StoneAge" Win Xp.

Simple solution.... If a OLD Version is working and a NEWER is not working..... Then use the OLD one until the next patch..... And then check if newest release solve the problem. If Yes swap to UpToDate State.... If Not then again downgrade to old Version that work fine for you.
Good Luck !
2019-12-16 16:44
jc
Thanks for the advice. Good news. I succeeded in getting it all up and running. I just stuck with an older version of the arduino ide and having a closer look at the contents of the mobiflight software I clicked on an icon that prompted me to download and install windows .Net framework, which I did and that solved the problem. Just waiting now for the hardware id of the mega that mobiflight doesn't recognize to be added to the next update. Happy days, thanks again. JC.
2019-12-17 16:44
icon