MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
pelums1
Hi. I'm new here. I need help troubleshooting. I'm trying to set up an encoder for my com1 radio. Every time i select COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE from the drop down list for tab on left(fast) it always saves it for COM2. It also does it for all tabs except for the first tab. I must be doing something wrong. please help. Thanks.

Here are my settings.

pin 2,3
one dent per cycle(00) NOTE: "I have a 5 pin push button encoder"

input setting
Event ID
Load preset= COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE Note: It will not save this load preset. It changes back to COM2_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC after i click ok and exit.

Event ID = 66436
Param = 0
2019-12-01 10:54
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Pelums1!

Welcome to MobiFlight!

It is quite normal, that an encoder with push button has 5 pins. Two for the button and three for the encoder. One pin from the button AND one of the three encoder pins belongs to be wired to GND (test, which it is - mostly the middle-one)

It may be that there is an error in the presets, so you can take it without a preset.
For COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE take the EventID 66436. If you want to decrese the value use as parameter 1 or -1
For increase take EventID 66437.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-12-01 12:26
pelums1
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I was able to use the COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC and INC. That seems to work for me.
I have discovered that the com1 standby setting are the same for com2. I think the program code array is populating com2 first instead of com1 although com2 selection comes first in the drop down list. that data is being grabbed before com1.. The drop down list is automatically populating com2 setting on exit.Thanks again.
2019-12-02 02:56
DocMoebiuz
Hi guys

indeed there were four values that are actually duplicates
COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_DECREASE:66438
COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_INCREASE:66440

COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE:66436
COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_INCREASE:66437

The Event IDs were added back in 2015 and not changed since then. I took a look at the current P3Dv4 set and it is quite different.
I will update the presets to the new P3Dv4 values.
The new values don't contain the conflicting values anymore. Too funny!

Good job!!!!
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-12-03 05:29
DocMoebiuz
I created an issue for this and I have already resolved it.
https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobiflightfc/issues/230/update-generic-event-ids-to-use-the-list

It will be part of the next release.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-12-03 05:31
icon