MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Triple7
I'm busy programming my overhead panel, but those rotary switches give me a headache. For example i'll take the Seat Belts switch. Three positions, off, auto, on.
For OFF I set the on press to mouseflag_left_single then for AUTO I set the on press to mouseflag_right_single and for ON I set the on press to mouseflag_right_single and for release it will be mouseflag_left_single. I tried mouseflag_left_double but that didn't work. Why I don't know because the mouseflag_left-single doesn't make any sense! 90% of the time it's all working fine but sometimes it's just missing a detend. Is this the right and only way or not?
2019-11-17 08:25
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

NO Thats wrong.

The LEFT SINGLE is used for momentary switches normaly.
The WHEEL UP/DOWN is used for Encoders.
RIGHT SINGLE is used only in some special situations (Switch Guards e.g.)

For "Multiposition Switches" like ON/OFF or much more for ON/OFF/ON and the rotary Switches with 3 or more Positions ( Angle Selector, Autobrake selector) we work with direct Parameters.

Check the "Offsetmapping for PMDG B777.pdf" List in your "/FSX/modules/FSUIPC Documents" Subfolder.
There are mostly Output Offsets listed to see the Settings of those Switches.
If there is written "BOOLEAN" means it work with 1=ON and 0=OFF ..... So you can use for ON Position ( Press) the specific EventID with Parameter "1" and for OFF Position (Release) the same EventID but Parameter "0"

Multiswitches normaly start with ZERO on the Left Position or Upper Position and count 0,1,2,3,4,5 and so on to the other end.

For your Example Seat Belt there is written....
iconQuote:

647B 1 BYTE SIGNS_SeatBeltsSelector 0 OFF, 1 AUTO, 2 ON

NOTE: You NOT use this Offset.... You still work with your EVENT ID..... This is just to find out how the Parameters are.....
So you see.... 0 = OFF 1 = AUTO 2= ON

Finaly you use this in your Input Configs.... Use always the same EventID.... But use this Parameters (0,1,2) instad of Mouse Flags.
Good Luck !
2019-11-17 15:30
Triple7
Thank you Pizman for the long detailed answer. :thumbup: Working fine now. New let's get programming!

Thanks, Nico
2019-11-18 00:10
icon