MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
MadTrooper
HI Guys, I would like to know if there were any mods that was done to be able to use the Analog pins as digital pins on the Mega board. Its ok if its not but I just wanted to know for my future planning.

Thanks!

MadTrooper
2019-11-12 04:45
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Mad,

actual you can use 50 pins. Sebastian planned to use the analog pins as digital ones. Maybe it is realized with the next release.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-11-12 11:02
DocMoebiuz
The pins that are available in the drop down.

I have prepared the support for the analog pins so that you can use them as digital pins. This will come with the next release. I plan to release before thanksgiving.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-11-12 14:18
pizman82
Supporter
If now People from the "old world" in Europe would know when thanksgiving is then this will be much more usefull. :P
EDIT: Just google.... Its the 4th Thursday in November :lol:

Whatever.....

Thanks Sebastian for your great work within the last months. So much new stuff..... Lots of long needed fixes. Its a pleasure to use Mobiflight at the moment. :thumbup:
Good Luck !
2019-11-12 14:24
DocMoebiuz
Cool!!! You are doing a great job too! I am very happy that we were able to take care of these old bugs.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-11-12 14:29
MadTrooper
:w00t: WOW, what a nice response Guys! I'm very impressed with mobiflight and love using it. Thats is the best thing since slice of bred in my book:thumbup:

Thanks Sebastian for your hard work and dedication. It will be awsome to be able to soon use those analogue pins as digital pins. Thanks for Mobiflight!

Thanks Pizman82 and StephanHo also for your hard work helping us all with our problems.

What a great community Guys. Its really appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mario
2019-11-12 20:38
Mossman
I have used the digital pins for mobiflight with PMDGfanrastic..
with the new release do I just choose an anlog pin and it will be recognised in mobiflght or do I have to do some other stuff for the analog pin to work for an offset or event as digital pin on arduino mega 2560 r3

.... Ps great software IVe been helping out a bit here https://www.737diysim.com/pmdg737mobiflight

Regards Paul Moss
2019-12-02 10:11
starguider
Supporter
Hallo there,

having now the posibility to use the analog pins as I/O pins (version 7.8.0), could you please inform us what is now the max number of Inputs and Outputs (and the mix of them) per board?
Prior to ver 7.8.0 was 50 inputs/40 outputs. Does this limitation changed?

Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks and Regards,

Marinos
A320
Athens - Greece
2019-12-02 13:07
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Marinos,

it's quite a simple calculation:

Prior to Version 7.8.1 you have 50 inputs and 40 outputs.Max. usable pins: 50
Since Version 7.8.1 you have 50 (digital) inputs + 16 analog inputs (only usable as digital inputs) = 66 inputs and 40 outputs.
So if you use 66 inputs you can not use an output. For every used output subtract an input. So if you use 40 outputs you can use 26 inputs. Max. usable pins: 66
The limit of 40 outputs doesn't change.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-12-03 08:10
pizman82
Supporter
HI Guys.

I was verry bussy in work..... Not be able to check the new update till now and not get involved in the process.

iconStephanHo:

Since Version 7.8.1 you have 50 (digital) inputs + 16 analog inputs (only usable as digital inputs) = 66 inputs and 40 outputs.

Thats only correct if Sebastian change in code the line " Max Inputs = 50 " to 66
If NOT then you got the Pins available but the number of Inputs is still 50.
But sure.... The number must increase. If he simply miss this he must increase the limit with a hotfix !

Maby Seb can comment this himself !
Good Luck !
2019-12-03 09:27
DocMoebiuz
The number was increased to 58 for the Mega.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2019-12-03 14:47
Mossman
Tried 2 extra analog pins as EFIS TER and OH Landing lightswitches as atest in PMDG 737 old NGX didnt get any response

PK 0 62 A8 - tested no response
PK 1 63 A9 - tested no response
PK 2 64 A10
PK 3 65 A11
2019-12-04 08:36
icon