MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
VR-FlightSim
Supporter
Morning lads
Quick question regarding the pin assignments.
I've noticed that oce any of the digital pins have been assigned to a button or encoder, we're not able to "release" it.
For example, we assign pin no.6 to a gear switch.
Later I decide to connect different switch to pin no.6 and move my gear switch to lets say pin 7.
So far so good.
The problem comes when I want to assign new button/switch to pin no. 6 because it is no longer on the list of available pins.
It's like MobiFlight does not want to release the pin once it's been used.

The reason I wanna be able to move them around is that with growing number of connections it seems logical to keep certain parts of my peripherals together but it's difficult to plan this ahead as I progress through the build step by step.

Regards Jay
2019-10-22 07:49
thatchi
Try to delete button assignment , then save again your hardware setting to mega. Then setup your inputs again. Remember to unplug mega , plug back again to same USB port and restart MF every time you change your setup as pizman suggested .
2019-10-22 08:16
VR-FlightSim
Supporter
Do you mean deleting the config or the button as a device?
Or both?
I'm trying to do this without losing the config though because some can get pretty complex especially with preconditions etc.

Jay
[Last edited by VR-FlightSim, 2019-10-22 11:09]
2019-10-22 11:01
DocMoebiuz
You only have to close the settings dialog and open it again. You are right. Currently we only track which pins you select and remove it from the available list to help prevent you from assigning the same pin too.

Change your pin.
Upload the Config.
Close the settings dialog.
Open it again.

This should show the old pin in the list now.
I will see if I can improve this.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-10-22 14:29
VR-FlightSim
Supporter
Will give it a shot tonight.
Thank you very much
Jay
2019-10-22 16:26
thatchi
The way I understand it is u setup pin assignment , what pin to what led , buttons, LCD ... than save and upload to mega this mfmc file . It will be part of mega code and won't change even if u turn off , unplug , or move mega to another computer . It is now ur hardware for that mega until u change ur set of led, buttons. Most likely u never change this once u build ur panel .
Then u assign input output , what evenID to perform what offset to display , to ur button led. U save this file mcc and load them everytime u run MF, u can setup many mcc files, for example b737.mcc or b777.mcc , and load them when u fly the 737 or 777 on the same panel. Remember to reset MF if there problem as pizman suggested.
So mfmc file is for hardware part, i.e. pin6 to led1 , pin7 to button2 .... , and encoded to mega.
mcc file for software part, to control functions of led button, i.e. button1 is vnav button2 is lnav .... , and change when run or load to MF. If problem, just reset MF by close and open MF again.
[Last edited by thatchi, 2019-10-22 16:50]
2019-10-22 16:41
pizman82
Supporter
Hmmmm.
I never saw this myself before, cause as thatchi said, i use a other policy here. In case i make everytime a "restart" of MF and MEGA when i upload devices then this "list" was updated automaticly for me.

Interesting is Sebastians comment....
iconDocMoebiuz:

Change your pin.
Upload the Config.
Close the settings dialog.
Open it again.
This should show the old pin in the list now.
I will see if I can improve this.

This means the "update" of that list not happend at Startup of Mobiflight Connector ( When all Arduinos get detected) . If he say its enough to leave the Settings Tab and open it again then the "scan" must be done here.
Hopefully he can simply include this reset of Pinlist into the UPLOAD Process..... So a Upload to the Board will reload the Pinlist automaticly (without closing the Tab)

Whatever.....
Maby some of you guys think Pizman is a old conservative idiot..... But this is again a example why my life is more easy like yours.
Sure i need a bit more time with my "all time restart logic" ( whatever it is not needed basicly and in 99% of situations completly unnecessary)
But with this simple policy i never come in a situation like this in the past.
Good Luck !
2019-10-23 03:06
thatchi
I think jay means change in mcc file. I would save mcc file first with different name, like b737-v1.mcc, then change the function, for example, gear now to switch7 (pin7) , flap now to switch6 (pin6). Reset MF with new mcc and test. Or close then open setting dialogue as per doc.
If problem, I can always load up b737-v1.mcc to retrieve old setup and test again.
As pizman advice , always do backup systematically . U don't want to retype 50 setting of evenID offset with its own comparison precondition ...
2019-10-23 04:59
DocMoebiuz
I actually believe he is talking about the drop downs in the settings dialog where you define the Config.
The pin numbers that show there are only the ones that haven’t been used yet. If you use a pin for a button, this pin will not show anymore in the drop down.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-10-23 05:20
VR-FlightSim
Supporter
Yes, I was referring to the pin numbers on the drop down list.
Didn't test it yet but I quess we got the solution.

Thank you everybody
Jay
2019-10-23 11:23
icon