MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
sisoffi
Hi,
i interfaced a 8 channel relé for my output 24v lamps, but i have one problem.
When the arduino card (chinese model) has power supply it send to 8channel relé the power and the relès remain
in ON state. there is a way to mantain hte relé in OFF state when the signal to the output is normally OFF (0) ?

thanks!
2019-10-15 16:29
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Please give us a important information.....

WHEN this problem occures.

If Mobiflight is in RUN State then normaly a Pin is LOW if it should be OFF ( so a LED is not light and a Relais is not shifted) .

BUT
I remeber to a old topic there was a Problem that Pins are HIGH after Power up the Arduino and they will still get correctly LOW ...AFTER.... Mobiflight is getting startet on the Computer.

So.... If your Problem is still while running the Sim and Mobiflight then you have simply the wrong toggle logic in your relais..... So the not "close" they "open" while powered.
In that case you need to use a "toggle" in all Outputs..... So a Value of 0 means powered and a value of 1 means unpowered.
Solution is in transform field the formula: if($=1,0,1)

BUT

If the Problem is ( as i think) before the Startup of Mobiflight then we need Stepahn and Sebastian to find a "electrical" or basic Software solution !
Good Luck !
2019-10-15 16:50
sisoffi
thanks,
for the answer but the solution does not satisfy my problem because I do not want to keep the relay stressed since they are then announcers who remain ON only for a short time.
2019-10-16 17:28
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi sisoffi,

please note, that you relais has on the output side three lines or contacts. One (normally the middle one is the switching one) carrys the information. The two other ones were switched. One switch (output) is normally open - this should be yours, and the last one has the information from the middle on. So you should change your output lines to the output which is normally open. If you trigger the relais the relais is switching and the output which is normally open will close and the other output which is normaly close will open at the same time.

look here or search on google for relais : http://www.antriebstechnik.fh-stralsund.de/1024x768/Dokumentenframe/Kompendium/Relais/Relais2.htm

The schematic show the principle of a relais. Hope this helps you.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-10-16 21:15
sisoffi
Hi,
thank you for reply.
Again the problem is not to reverse the signal, but not to leave the relé excited all the time.
This is not a electrical relé problem, but arduino signal that mantain excite the relé in ON.
2019-10-17 17:17
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again.

I talked to Stephan today via Phone about your thematic and we finaly not understand the problem cause Mobiflight workes 100% Correct as we know.

If you connect the Arduino to the Computer ( power it via USB ) then the Outputs are LOW ..... Means there is no signal from Arduino to a Relais in that moment.
If you start Mobiflight ( RUN Button) then all Outputs will be set to there current status ( create via the Config and the read Status of a Offset)
If the config result in a Zero then the Pin is LOW ..... If the Config result in a 1 (or higher) then the Pin is High.

You can simply test this with a LED .....

Set to the Pin where your Relais is connected for testing a LED instead for the Relais Wire.
Pin to LED Anode .... LED Cathode to a Resistor ( if needed) and resistor to GRD.
THEN Connect Your Board to USB .... The LED will be OFF at all time until Mobiflight get into RUN .... (Means also your Relais would not be switched in this periode)
After RUN Mobiflight the LED will be also OFF aslong the Config not have a Value bigger then Zero..... ( So also your Relais would not be set to ON in that moment)
If Value increase then Config sends HIGH to the Pin and LED is Light UP. ( And thats the moment when your Relais should work and it will do if you wire correctly.)

If the LED test do what i tell you then you simply wired the Relais in wrong way or you buy relais with wrong technic.

If LED Test occure in a other situation then there is a issue in the Arduino.....
Like Always.... At first Clear the Arduino... (EEPROM CLEAR ) and flash firmware and devices again.... Make maby a restart and test agin.
Good Luck !
2019-10-17 18:07
icon