MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Ridgeandgable
Hi

Using P3D and PMDG NGX on win 10

After all this time flying I've noticed 2 bugs, not a big deal but thought it's time to get round to fixing them.

On the MCP my altitude display (LCD) works fine, until I get to around 30,000 then it goes into negative numbers. So for 35,000ft, it displays -3053....?

Also negative numbers with the v/s display... Always at -1696 until I turn it on.

Anyway to fix these 2 things?
2019-09-22 01:14
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This are no "bugs" from Mobiflight...... This is in case of PMDG´s Sytem to put Data in the Offsets.

The Altitude is a Signed/Unsigned Problem.
A "word" is a 2 Byte INT Value..... And it can be UNSIGNED (0 to 65535) or it can be SIGNED (-32768 to 32767 )
In this case PMDG support Data as Unsigned .... But FSUIPC (And Mobiflight) handle the Offset Signed..... So a Altitude above 32700 feet in MCP Display is shown negative.

To solve this you can simply use a Transform or Compare..... IF Value less then zero <0 THEN $ + 65535

The VS is a Status Value from PMDG

Here the Value show -1696 or something like that always if VS is basicly not in use ( or not available) .
(NOTE its 16 thousend in real.... You just see 4 numbers in case your Display got only 5 diggits with minus )
There exist additional a Blank Offset for VS by the way!

In our case this is verry usefull cause we normaly can use this to blank the Display itself. (Without a need of reading the Blank Offset additional)
Make a Compare and say for example IF $ less then -10000 THEN "5 time Space" .
So your Display is blanked, always if the Display will show this magical Number !

Good Luck !
2019-09-22 06:46
Ridgeandgable
Thanks Pizman

I've not used transforms much before, but when I use this <0 THEN $ + 65535 for the altitude, and save it, then click start, it doesn't work, same with the V/S I put < -1000 THEN " "

Obviously Ive done something wrong :D

When I mentioned bugs lol I meant within my cockpit, definitely not with Mobi :)
2019-09-22 14:51
pizman82
Supporter
iconRidgeandgable:

but when I use this <0 THEN $ + 65535 for the altitude, and save it, then click start, it doesn't work, same with the V/S I put < -1000 THEN " "

Here you use wrong syntax and missunderstand me.

I just explane the "logic" but not give you a functional "formula" that you can copy paste ;)

As i said ....
iconpizman82:

To solve this you can simply use a Transform or Compare..... IF Value less then zero <0 THEN $ + 65535
Make a Compare and say for example IF $ less then -10000 THEN "5 time Space" .

So solution is to bring this "idea" into a correct formula for transform or using correctly the fields in compare tab !

For Altitude you can do the fix on both spots.... Transform or compare.
for transform use .... if($<0,$+65535,$)
for compare use ..... Compare enable ---- Operator in if field "<" ---- If field 0 ---- Then field $+65535 ----- Else field use $ or simply empty (both the same result)

For VS the Setting can be only done in Compare Tab ( Cause result of 5 Space is a STRING ( Characters instead of numbers) and that can only be done in compare.)
Say here..... Enable Compare ---- Operator "<" If field -10000 Then field " " (5 spaces) Else field $ or empty.

NOTE Just to explane the system......i use here < -10000 cause i´m not sure what is the correct number..... But i know no VS Alttitude can be less then 10.000 so the formula workes.
if you know for example the correct value is eaxactily -16969 e.g. then you can also use operator "=" and use that value.
Good Luck !
2019-09-23 04:45
Ridgeandgable
Hi Pizman

I seem to be having an issue with the Altitude.

Although I copied what you wrote, and it looked to be working fine, but when I did a flight, and was asked to climb to 6500ft after take off, I discovered that it won't allow this. It appears that If I turn the knob, it wants to go from 1000, 2000, 3000. 4700, 5000. If I turn it slowly, it runs up in 300's? 4700, 5000, 5300, 5600

I removed the transform that you wrote and the same issue is still there after a save and restart.. Only other thing I've changed was I upgraded to 7.6.1?
2019-09-24 16:04
pizman82
Supporter
Now we talk about 2 different things !

The Transform you request is the OUTPUT side.... Whatever you do there.... this can never act to a input or change something.
This Transform/Compare just change the Value from the Output Config ( NOT the Value from the Offset itself)

Sure... Those Compares/formulas can NOT be used for a INPUT..... But thats finaly not possible cause PMDG not allow Offset Inputs.... Only EventID.

The new Problem is maby a BUG we still research.... Please check this Topic and maby reply there soSebastian know you are involved, too.
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/3746.html
Good Luck !
2019-09-24 21:40
icon