MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
portanav
Is their any way to add a delay to servo activation with MF?

I want change my present servo interface (opencockpits) which uses sioc to activate my starter switch (to OFF) after 50 seconds has elapsed, replacing it with an Arduino Mega. Can this be done with MF?
Best regards,
Michael.

Hardware: i7-6700, 16Gb Ram, 2xSSD,500Gb, GTX1060-6Gb.
Sim: P3Dv4, Prosim737.
2019-09-16 19:45
pizman82
Supporter
NO

A Timer Function is basicly not possible with Mobiflight.

Improvisional solution is to write a Lua Script that do the SLEEP/WAIT delay and write "result" to a Offset that finaly controll the servo via Mobiflight.

BUT !!!!!

Summary this is no solution for your situation..... For Starting switch a "timer" is no good idea!
For example if you forget to set the Packs to Off/Auto .... Or you forget to set the Fuel CutOff switch to ON..... Or Simply a Mailfunction is active and compressor is broke......
Whatever of these situations happen.... Your switch will swap to OFF after xx seconds.... (Whatver Engine is NOT running or virtual switch is NOT swap back)

So.... If you think about a mechanical controll of Real Knob (Whatever with a realistic Solenoid or a Servo solution) .... You should not plan for a "timer". You should use the status of virtual switch and maby the RMP of N1, N2 ... Temp EGT , Position of Fuel Cutoff and so on as "indicator" !! Thats more realistic and also much more easy.
Good Luck !
2019-09-17 02:59
portanav
Thanks for the reply, and info. However, the Boeing B-737 operates in that manner; the starter switch deactivates at 51% N2(?), approx. 50 seconds after engaging the starter switch, hence the timer.

I'll just have to continue with what I am using at present (opencockpits and SIOC).

Thanks.
Best regards,
Michael.

Hardware: i7-6700, 16Gb Ram, 2xSSD,500Gb, GTX1060-6Gb.
Sim: P3Dv4, Prosim737.
2019-09-17 09:28
DocMoebiuz
Is N2 available as Offset? If yes, you can use it together with the current switch position as criteria to activate the servo.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-09-17 14:44
pizman82
Supporter
As you said.... The Switch swap back in a special condition..... Eg. 51% N1

So why using a "timer" of 50 Seconds if you alo can make a config that ay "If Switch is in GRD Poition and N1 is greater then 51% then move Servo to OFF Position"

I don´t know your AddOn Aircraft. For PMDG we done this already.... There it is posible.
Good Luck !
2019-09-17 17:03
icon