MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
fhcarrizo
Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Arduino Mega 2560 and my rotary encoder YK040. I clarify that I use the default Cessna 172 with FSX. When I connect the first rotary encoder, the Arduino and the FSX receive it perfectly. The problem comes when I connect the second, or the third, Arduino does not read it. When I activate the first one, the TX light turns on, with the rest that does not happen. The connections are well made, and the configuration in Mobiflight too. I use the mobiflight 7.5.2 last one.
Thank you
2019-07-27 20:28
thatchi
KY040 requires 5v supply. How did u wire these encoders?
2019-07-28 03:12
pizman82
Supporter
Standard Procedure.....

1. Check on a neutral ground .
Not use difficult or sepcific configs ( where the config itself can have a issue) Use ONE Config for testing ( in a clear file) and make something verry easy.
For example only use ON LEFT and ON RIGHT ( Not work with on fast) . Use KEYSEND for both and write "A" for left and "B" for Right.
Then Start Sim, Mobiflgiht and a Textprogramm like "Wordpad" . Open a flight, Minimize the Sim Window, Start Mobiflight RUN Button and klick on the Textprogramm Cursor.
NOW a turning from Encoder will write A or B like you press the buttons on the keyboard.

Check now ALL Encoders with this config ( Simply swap the Device after you test one to the next encoder. )
Benefit is simple.... You can exclude a issue in the config 100%

2. Check electrical Setup
As thatchi said.... KY040 need 5v power . ( Thats why i recommend to use basic encoders 3 Pins instead those difficult PCB Encoders like Ky040)

3. Check Device Settings in Mobiflight. Every Encoder must be a own device..... On Own 2 Pins ( not used by something else) .
Also make always a restart of Arduino and Mobiflight after you make a change ( Like Upload Devices)
Good Luck !
2019-07-29 10:14
icon