MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Qiverkill
Hi Team

Momentary KD2-22 Switches for my MCP Switchs

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32401063319.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dIJsCTA

Thanks
Regards
Glen
[Last edited by Qiverkill, 2019-07-08 10:32]
2019-07-08 09:16
pizman82
Supporter
Datasheet ???

8 Pins ?? :confused: :confused:

Looks like a DUAL Chanel ON(ON) Switch. Ins´t it ?
Good Luck !
2019-07-08 14:15
StephanHo
Supporter
The switch has two changeover contacts and one LED connection
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-07-09 11:06
Qiverkill
i have managed to find the correct wiring for it .

BUT in the programimng of MF setting FSUIPC preset
eg Altitude heading select
I Have
1 == preset on set value 1 and on off set value 0
2 == preset reversed and and set a precondition

momentary switch works fine press once light comes on and on FSX as well (Default 737) press again light goes off fine . Works as should .

Problem is therses a red mark that says ( precondition not met ) but as soon as i press button on led goes on and it goes away press again to disconnect and it comes back .

Is that moral , does it matter , am i doing it wrong >

Regards
Glen
2019-07-09 12:52
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Glen,

if you use preconditions you always have to use two configs with it. The one which is working has no sign and looks like the other configs. The config with precondition which is not working has a red exclamation mark so that you can always see, which config is active and which not.

Your switch has two switches which are working parallel. You normally only need one of them. It's a momentary switches.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-07-09 13:26
pizman82
Supporter
If its work its ok.... But that sounds verry strange.

For a standard Aircraft and a function that is momentary...... you not ned 2 Configs...You not need Preconditions ..... And you not need On Release Commands.

Normaly here the Switch only use 1 Pin ( For Input as a BUTTON) and 1 Pin For Output ( For the LED)

In Mobiflight you got 2 Configs....

Config 1 INPUT have only a ON PRESS Setting and controll ( Toggle) the function.
Config 2 OUTPUT read the status in the Sim and controll the LED Output.

So wireing of your switch normaly need 3(4) wires.... GRD to GRD of one Switch Channel AND to GRD of LED .... 1x Pin to the used Switch Channel for INPUT ..... 1x Pin to LED Line. ( In case you can split the GRD for both only 3 wires to arduino are needed. )
Good Luck !
2019-07-09 16:57
icon