MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
slammer88
Hey there.

Long time no news from Sebastian. I think he somehow left improving MobiFlight, which I strongly believe that needs to be enhanced.

What do you guys think about this?
2019-06-18 09:19
DocMoebiuz
What kind of enhancements do you have in mind?
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-06-19 04:07
slammer88
iconDocMoebiuz:

What kind of enhancements do you have in mind?

Hi Doc, nice to see you.

First of all, a native XP-11 integration would be so good as XP is currently going ahead of P3D and FSX, simmers are tend to convert into XP day by day. Just like EventID and Offset, there can be 2 more areas for Dataref and Commands and within one can trigger the related info in the sim. Default Offset's are not just enough because custom planes with custom codes like Zibo are going quite popular and people has to find different solutions to integrate Mobi with XP -which are quite hard actually-

Other than that the FSUIPC delay of 100ms can be decreased if possible for more responsive output.
2019-06-20 13:48
pizman82
Supporter
hhhm.

Thats not what i expect to hear as i read your main request. :rolleyes:

I agree that Mobiflight need new things. and i also hope that Sebastian will not stop and going forward to supoort Mobiflight.
( A list of new ideas and requests is still present in the bitbucket section)

BUT

What you request is ( for myself personal) not possible.

Mobiflght is based on FSUIPC ! All we do in this software is designed to FSUIPC. And finaly FSUIPC is build for P3D and FSX only.
Sure... With XPUIPC Plug In some cool programmers give us a "tool" that simulate FSUIPCPlattform in Xplane.... So we can use it.
But it must be clear.... Mobiflight was never designed to controll Xplane !
There exist other Solutuions that are designed to Xplane ( And there you can not controll P3D for example)

I also be a little sceptical about your statement.
I also feel like Xplane gets bigger and every day new users come to it. But i personaly think it will be forever just the little Brother. Look at a brand like PMDG.... And think about why they support there Aircrafts all to FSX/P3D but only one to Xplane.

Summary for me....
I agree that a direct controll (Simconnect in FSX/P3D .... Datarefs in Xplane) would be "better" BUT this need a complete redesign of Mobiflight and finaly a splitting into two versions ( Xplane seperate version) .
I think this is the wrong way finaly.... The limmited time from Sebastian should be used for new features and Bugfix..... Not for a complete rebuild.

Lets Sebastian comment this....
Good Luck !
2019-06-20 16:54
slammer88
You may be right Pizman, that's just my 2 cents. Can be advantageous though, just think about it, one can use the very same hardware setup with both P3D and XP-11.

And do not underestimate XP-11 :)
2019-06-21 08:18
DocMoebiuz
I myself spent more time using xplane recently and the current integration via XPUIPC was a really convenient way to get it supported with MobiFlight.

The project is not maintained anymore if I understand correctly which is unfortunate and not ideal.

If somebody wants to contribute with a more direct integration, MobiFlight definitely is prepared to support it. I personally don’t find the time to do so right now so potential contributors are highly encouraged!
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-06-24 23:55
icon