MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Qiverkill
Hi Team

Im Glen from New Zealand ,

Been Hunting the forums google ect re TM1637 Led .

Are they not Supported By MobiFlight .

Thanks in advance

Glen
2019-06-17 10:52
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I can not garantee a correct awnser without testing this.....

But techical the TM1637 is NOT supported by Mobiflight and also not planed in the future.
If there come a new Display Controller into MF then it will be pretty sure a 14/16 Seg System..... but NOT another 7 Seg alternate.

Current Policy:
Max7219 Chips are Cheap and available all over the world. You can use the Premade 8 Diggit Tubes if you not like to build youreself. For Advanced Cockpits the Max7219 allow us (with a little solder work or more prefessional with self build PCB´s ) to create all Displays between 1 and 8 Diggits in every Color and Size that exist.

Apollogy to you if this was a main argument to use Mobiflight. If not your welcome ! Order some Max7219 and test them.

NOTE: Order the Removeable Tubes ( Green PCB like this ..... https://www.amazon.de/8-Digit-Display-MAX7219-Digital-Control/dp/B00P9277BE
With this a rework to other size/color/number of diggits is possible.... The "blue PCB" kind are hard solder connected and not allow a rework !
Good Luck !
2019-06-17 13:33
Qiverkill
Thank you my man .

In my haste i bought some Tm1637 thinking there just the size i need for 4 of my panels for my MCP and use 2 Max7219s , Blue pcb . :blush: but those 2 will work so not worried there.

So Bought 4 Green removable Max7219s :)

So with the removable Max7219s i could daisy chain them to gether say 4 of , them Sererate the 2 , 4 digits segments from the board and solder wires from the separated digits back to the Max7219 board matching the way they came out .

=============Max7219 ================
= ------------------------------- =
= Separate the 2 x 4 digits =
= ----------- ------------ =
1 of 4 digits 2 of the 4 digits
------------------ ---------------------
OBS IAS

Sererate the 2 , 4 digits segments and solder wires from the separated digits back to the Max7219 board matching the way they came out .

Regards
Glen
2019-06-18 05:26
pizman82
Supporter
Yes thats it.... You already explore the logic behind.

Now the last thing you should think about is usage of other Displays.

The MaxTube (Green one with removeable diggits) got 12 Pins on each side. This are 7x Seg 1x Decimal Point and 4x Ground ( One for each Single Diggit )
Important to know.... The Segment and decimal Point is "shared" on both sides.... So there exist finaly 16 different Pins allover the two blocks. The other 8 Pins are youst shared to connect the 4 Diggit Blocks more comfortable.

If you now need for example a 5 Diggit Display you can order it in a shop.... Only important require is "COMMON CATHODE" . ( Anodes wont work)
A 5 Dig Display for example got 13 Pins normaly..... In that case you will connect the 8 Data Pins ( Seg Pins and Decimal Point) from ONE side of the Max Tube..... And you connect the 4 Cathode Lines from this side and additional the 5th cathode from the other side.

Same logic with a 3 Diggit Display.... You not need to work with the 4 diggit original Display from the Tube. If you buy a 3 Diggit one this should have 11 Pins Normaly..... Simply connect it to ONE side but let the "Dig4 Cathode" line empty.

Last Note:
The Problem here is that mostly all Displays got different Optics (Size, form, Color and so on) . If you need in MCP for example 3,4,and 5 Diggit Displays then all should be from same manifactor and product line to get a simmular optic.
Thats why professional cockpitbuilders work completly with 1 diggit Displays.... They bough simply 200 Single Diggits and build the Blocks themself.
Problem here..... every single Diggit got 9 needed Pins ..... So a 5 Digit Display include 45 Pins. With a solder logic by hand this is scared :scared:
Here a PCB is needed..... so all the lines are on the PCB and you finaly got a connector with 13 Lines ( in case of 5 diggits) that is wired to your Max7219

Check this for example ...... https://www.silicon-ark.co.uk/7-segment-5-digit-led-display-pcb
Good Luck !
2019-06-18 14:04
Qiverkill
Thank You ,

Yes Keeping it Simple makes more sense to me :thumbup:

Just have to find a clear way to get started with the Mega board to use with MobiFlight .

Going to use Pmdg and Mega Boards and MobiFlight .

What version on FSUIPC ?

Regards
Glen
2019-06-19 08:20
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Glen,

the version of FSUIPC is depending on your simulator. V4.971 is for FSX and V5.151 is for P3DV4x.
Look on Pete Dawsons homepage at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-06-19 09:53
icon