MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
sisoffi
Hi,
I'm trying to go ahead with the construction of my FGCP flight guidance for the MaddogX.
Both the ATH and AP switches have a solenoid in the real that disconnects the switch in off.
I'm trying to understand and find a guide to be able to create this guidance implementation.
I found something like about Soarbywire site web

https://soarbywire.com/2017/11/13/sidestick-solenoid-lock/ but it refers to sidestick solenoids.

Thank you all for the support
2019-05-31 08:56
pizman82
Supporter
Hiho

These request have 2 parts.

1. Mechanical.
You must decide what you like to do....
A System with a mechanic reset by a servo Motor or a solonoid.
Here you got "holding" solonoids, push solonoids or pull solonoids.
You can work with springs, maby pneumatic and so on.

So you must google or simply think yourself about what you like, need and you able to do. Whats your homework skills and how good is your machines like CnC, Laser and so on.

2. Software
Here you must first define Point 1. Then we can think about a logic in MF.
In case every builidng form ( Solonoid pull press hold and so on) need a specific config system.
So a solution can be done only if you know the mechanics !
Good Luck !
2019-05-31 20:48
sisoffi
Hi Pieman,
thank you for your help.

I want to use a pull solenoid 5v. I just bought one for the test.
I have one laser machine with the good skill to work.

thank you
SImone
2019-05-31 23:16
pizman82
Supporter
Without see your final mechanic i can just make a suggestion.... A Final config can be done if mechanic is known.

Basicly with a Pull Solonoid i think you like to "pull" the Switch back to Off Position by your Solonoid in case if it´s in ON Position in Cockpit BUT in OFF Position in Sim.

To make this you need the Follow.....

1. The Solonoid must act if Offset from The Switch is OFF in Sim ....
This will pull the Switch always Back if it is in ON Position.

2. The Solonoid must be also disconnected completly if Real switch is in OFF position..... Else its not possible to manualy activate the Switch cause the solonoid will be Active (Pulling) if Function is OFF in Sim all time and "block" your Moving.

To Solve this there are two ways.

A ) Electrical
You can try to use a 2 chanel Switch that controll Sim (Mobiflight) Function on Chanel 1 and on Chanel 2 it will "cut" the Solonoid completly. Then you wire it in a way that Solonoid is powerer only aslong switch is in ON Position ( To prevent Solonoid working while on OFF Position)
B ) Software
Here you use a 1 Chanel Standard switch. And you make 2 Input Configs in Mobiflight.
The First will write the Event/Offset to controll the function.... The Second write a Custom Offset to 0/1 so we can read out the Position of the Real switch by this Offset.

Finaly you will need a couple of Configs.
1. Input Config that simply controll the Function ( EventID for example of AP)
2. Config that controll the Relais of Solonoid. This read the AP Status and must be "1" of Function is OFF and "0" if Function is ON
(Simple Compare If Value = 1 Then 0 Else 1 )
3. (Optional) a Config that "cut" the Solonoid if you like to use the Software System from Above.
This will controll another Relais that Open/Close the Solonoid working circuit..... If our switch (Custom Offset) is ON/1 then this must be power the solonoid working circuit. If Custom Offset is 0 ( Switch in Cockpit is Off) it must CUT the solonoid.

I Hope that explane the situation. Maby a detailed Email is needed when you have trouble here.
Good Luck !
2019-06-01 21:59
sisoffi
i've tried something,
I didn't understand much. I'm following the way by software with 1 channel. The solenoid has overheated, while between input and output I have not understood what to do sincerely.

1. input I don't actually have a switch connected to an input (it's just the lever mounted on the solenoid) you talk about two switch functions as input but honestly if I don't have physical inputs I can't activate them.

2. the solenoid should perform an output, but I cannot give preconditions for an eventual ON or OFF input.

Can you make me a correct outline? The event ID is 69666

thank you
2019-06-10 00:27
pizman82
Supporter
Got some other projects. Maby i can check this within the week. But a friend of Israel is prior in the list.... Must first solve his problem.
Please write me a Email so we can talk there.
Pizman@freenet.de
(Please use in Header "sisoffi - Mobiflight" so my spamfilter will not kill the mail !)
Good Luck !
2019-06-10 08:58
icon