MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
Thierry70
Hello.
I am a new user of Mobiflight for a few weeks, magic soft, :thumbup: and I finish a cockpit of DA20.
After the crash of my hard drive with FSX I bought P3D 4.5. Mobiflight is very slow as soon as the P3D window is displayed, when P3D is reduced, Mobiflight returns to normal speed.
Is someone has this issue and know what to do ?
Thank you for your answers
Thierry
2019-05-06 21:36
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Thierry,

please keep in mind that all programs which work together with P3D (also P3D) have to run in Admin-mode. Don't mix Admin- and normal-mode. Eather all normal mode or all Admin-mode.
Next is not to install FS depending programms on drive c:\. Another Partition or better another drive is recommend.

To fix the Admin mode right-click the icons, take properties and use the tab compatibility. Then set the hook at "run in Admin mode". Click ok. Repeat this with all FS depending programs.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-05-06 21:53
pizman82
Supporter
Is Your Mobiflight "on top" of the P3D Window ??

Mobiflight Connector Window MUST be on a own Position of your Screen. Same isue if for example Firefox, Internetexplorer or simply Wordpad is "behind" the Mobiflight Area.

If Problem still exist when MF is stand aloane on for example a second Screen and you have significant slowly actions then check your system. Maby your Computer is much to slow for P3D.
Good Luck !
2019-05-06 21:53
Thierry70
Thanks but I have respected all this.
P3D and MF are runing in administrator mode, P3D is intalled on a specific hard disk and my computer has a 4 cores processor overcloked at 4.2 gHertz, P3D is runing between 80 and 110 fps (same speed with or without MF runing ). So I don't think the problem became of the computer.
It's working on Windows X and I have an other partition with W7 64, I done a second install of P3D under W7 on an other hard disk (I have 5 HD), same problem, MFvery slow.
P3D and MF are on 2 different screens.
2019-05-06 22:13
pizman82
Supporter
Sounds strange.

If Possible test to install Mobiflight on a different HD as P3D
Good Luck !
2019-05-06 22:49
Thierry70
Thanks Pizman.
If nobody has this strange problem, my first conclusion will be it's not a problem with Mobiflight, it's not a problem with my install or my computer (processor used only at 35% with 80fps), well it would be a problem with my programming in Mobiflight.
An other strange thing : when P3E is runing, i can move mobiflight 's windows but impossible to resize it with the mouse.
I have also noticed, testing P3D, that some offsets (like 0x281c) are impossible to change (i have a v5.151 of FSUIPC), it worked well with FSX and FSUIPC 4. I will do a test with a new simple file of 2 or 3 lines only in mobiflight.
2019-05-07 07:45
pizman82
Supporter
Again. This all sounds strange.

281C is a ordinary offset. I not use P3D myself ( still on fsx on my testing PC) but i don´t think Pete Dowson change here something in FSUIPC 5.xxx
So this Offset should be writeable .

Apollogy i can´t give your more help a.t.m. I never see those problems and can´t reproduce it.
Please report if you have some news. If this is nevertheless a Problem with Mobiflight we should check it !
Good Luck !
2019-05-07 09:18
StephanHo
Supporter
281C is in both versions the same.

281C 4 Master battery switch (1=On, 0=Off) Ok-SimC Ok-SimC

But why an one Bit (0 or 1) Offset is 4 Bytes long I didn't understand. It is also read- and writable.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-05-07 15:19
pizman82
Supporter
iconStephanHo:

But why an one Bit (0 or 1) Offset is 4 Bytes long I didn't understand.

Thats a relict of the past.
I read somewhere, that Pete Dowson thought basicly that 65535 Bytes are "endless"
In case that there was Float Values ( FLT32 with 4 Bytes) he decide simply to use 4 Byte Blocks for every function (Whatever it is still a Boolean Bit)
With the time ( And releases of lots of AddOns) he pretty sure would rethink this if he could.

For fairness we must say.... Pete not thought about Mobiflight ( That was build lots of years later) . So he not think about a Programm with a UI that allow us only to read a predefined Block of 1,2,4,8 Bytes.
A Programmer (FSUIPC was build for programmers) would not read 4 Bytes here... He will read simply only the significant BIT to reduce data Transfer !
Good Luck !
2019-05-07 20:13
Thierry70
Hi
About the offset 0x0281C I know what’s going on. I use the DA20 Aerosoft which is not normally not compatible with P3D and the Lvar which contains the battery state is reset to zero which gives the impression that the offset does not work. I use another offset that I declared in my script, it’s not a problem.

About the slowness of MF I made the following tests:
- creation of a new empty mcc file: MF slow
- deactivation of FSUIPC (v5.151): MF slow
- deactivation of Linda: MF slow
- move MF to the other disc: MF slow
- minimum setting of all parameters of my graphic card and in P3D: MF slow
- Use of a standard P3D aircraft: MF slow

Those were all my ideas… I can’t find the solution at this point.

Note that when P3D is reduced MF is fast. All other programs are fast, my processor runs at 30% and I have 16Go memory.

If I find a solution, I will inform you.

Friendly
2019-05-07 20:35
pizman82
Supporter
hhhm.

1. Is your "script" still working in backround when you use a "Standard" Aircraft.
Own written scripts (if wrong build) can extremly kill performance.

2. Please tell us finaly.... What do you mean with Mobiflight is "slow"
Do you mean loading time of software is slow....
Do you mean if you for example create a new config it takes 10sec until a Tab is opend when swapping from Display to Compare e.g.
Do you mean the Inputs act xxx sec after pressing in the sim
Do you mean Outputs are not "live" and a LED gets on for example 2 Sec AFTER it is swapp in the Sim ??

EDIT:
Last Note about System:
You say you got only ~33% Processor usage.
Please check if all Cores are used 33% That can also mean you got Core 0 on 100% (Where P3D is run) and Core 1-3 is run at 10% for example.
Also check Temperature. of cores ( verry important when overclocked) . How hot are the 4 CPU (each) when P3D is in Fullscreen mode.
Good Luck !
2019-05-07 21:57
StephanHo
Supporter
What's about the debug-mode of MF? Is it switched on or off? You find it under EXTRAS - SETTINGS
The debug mode should normally set to OFF. Only when testing new configs it should be set to ON.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-05-08 02:07
Thierry70
Good evening,
I did a lot of tests today.

1- My script works very well under FSX (I reinstalled FSX last night to check)

2- I mean that the operation of MF (loading and link with FSUIPC and my homecockpit) is very slow, scrolling and refreshing the MF window is also slow. I can’t enlarge the MF window with the mouse when P3D is displayed.

3- The temperatures of my processor (i5 6600K): #0 44°C, #1 46°C, #2 42°C, #3 45°C after 10 minutes. Charge: #0 67%, #1, #2 and #3 between 12% and 22%

4- Graphic card GTX750Ti at 49°C, everything seems normal.

5- MF debug mode is OFF

I saw today that other offsets no longer react (impossible to write) especially those of COM and NAV frequencies) I havn't check yesturday, working on an "information auto screen).
While doing a test with Linda (latest version) I see that offsets are written in loop, in fact all the ones I use in my script and it's impossible to write values in.

I've reinstalled FSX and tested my script, it works normally, all my simu functions are OK and MF has returned to normal speed with FSX.

So I think the problem comes from Lua with P3D 4.5 and FSUIPC 5.151. Or my use of lua is bad with P3D...

Do you use Lua scripts with P3D 4.5 ?

Friendly
[Last edited by Thierry70, 2019-05-08 22:42]
2019-05-08 21:47
pizman82
Supporter
At first thank you so much !
Its realy nice if a user cooperate by this high level. Most others would simply say "Hey... I got a 2000$ Computer ! My Processors work nice" You realy test it and report data. Thats wonderfull !

Back to topic.

About the Problem itself:
Maby i "overread" one important fact. Please confirm one last thing. Does the problem gone if you NOT use your completly LUA Stuff while running P3D .
So remove your own scripts for testing (And all entrys like in the FSUIPC Ini files that start your scripts) and run P3D with a standard Aircraft.
Report if Problem is gone, please !

About System:
If Temps are so low .... And CPU Usage is not reach the magical 100% on one Core ..... Then i think we can exclude the Hardware from our list . Sure P3D have a higher performance needness that can explane why it work fine in FSX but not in P3D.... But your data show the system is presuably not the problem !

About missing Offsets.
Here i say again you must check your script and your AddOn Aircraft. FSUIPC gets data basicly from the FSX/P3D internal process and support it on its offsets.
If for example a AddOn Aircraft have a codeline that say "Overwrite Data XY when its different to AddOn internal Data" then you get in trouble.

For example a AddOn can say.... Aslong Master Battery Switch IN Addon is On write the FSUIPC Offset (or the FSX/P3D internal Data) to 1 ! When you NOW try to write these Offset to 0 by your switch the command can not be executed in AddOn Aircraft cause it ignore basicly the FSUIPC/P3D values.... And Additional it immediatly rewrite your entry cause the logic say.... If Data is different to the AddOn reset the Internal Sim System to AddOn status.
In That case your Command is send by Mobiflight.... FSUIPC recive it correctly .... But your AddOn "reset" it in same moment. So it looks like offset is not writeable whatever it would be written for a millisecond (One internal process poll) !

Same could be done by your script.
Some guys use a script that will show a value (Mostly read from a Lvar) on a Offset. But they also want that they can Write the SAME Offset by a Input (Mobiflight) to change a function in the Sim.
Here you need a "advanced" code to manage this cause a input situation occure in a "abnormal Situation" .
The READ Logic say.... Data of Offset is different to Sim (After we write it by the input) .... And it try to read the Sim Status again and reset the Offset to current (old) state.
The WRITE Logic say .... Data of Offset is different to Sim .... I will WRITE the Sim Status now to current Variablet Value cause this is a Input.
Whorst case this end in a endless Loop that one always kill the other untill end of days.

My last recommendation:
Please check if Problem is gone after remove your script !
If Yes you must rework your script with a better logic. If Problem is still there (without script) then we must try another way !
Good Luck !
2019-05-09 19:31
Thierry70
Hi Pizman

I know how much it is long and difficult to develop and to update a software as Mobiflight. I know so how much it can be disappointing t offer it in the form of freeware and receive the criticisms of certain users …

I made many more tests yesterday evening, in here is the progress and the results:

My configuration of test:

3 independent installations on different HD.
- P3D under Windows 10
- P3D under Windows 7
- FSX under Windows 7
Plane: DA20 Aerosoft (version not totaly compatible FSX with P3D)

My tests :
1- I uninstalled and reinstalled:
- Customer P3D
- Satisfied P3D
- P3D Scenery
Then erased P3D.cfg and shader (I was not sure of my installation, I discover P3D)
-> MF slow

2- I delete all lines (input and output) of MF and load a default aircraft.
-> No MF slowing down.
There, I had problems because I could no longer find the correct configuration of my script after this change...

3- Check the 2500 lines of my script: I did not find any errors.

4- New test under FSX
-> Mobiflight works normally but my radio is not working (like with P3D) !!!!!!!!!!!

With P3D on Windows 10 Linda tracer shows offsets that rotate in loop.
With P3D on Windows 7 Linda tracer does not show offsets that rotate in loop.
With FSX on Windows 7 Linda tracer does not show offsets that rotate in loop.
It actually seems that Linda does not work the same way under Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I looked at the list of offsets that rotate in a loop, this is normal because it's, in fact, the offsets that I read to know the value of a function (like the radio frequency) if I change it in P3D or on my module.

And then I thought of a stupid mistake on my part!!!... and I made a stupid mistake!!!
The DA20 has 3 operating modes:
- NORMAL: with breakdowns and all parts wear out.
- SIMPLE: no wear
- INSTRUTOR: breakdowns are simulated

It has 3 configurations:
- AUTOMATIC
- COLD AND DARK
- PARKING
NORMAL mode and COLD AND DARK configuration don't work with P3D. So, after loading, you have to go to the aircraft configuration menu. You can also create a macro.

In the configuration menu there are also many other parameters, especially 2 modes for radio:
- REALISTIC which uses only specific lvar.
- SIMPLE that uses FSUIPC offsets

And that’s where my mistake was. My script is written with the offsets of the radio because the module I made is a copy of a GNC255 which does not have the same functions as KX125 (in the DA20 Aerosoft). I made that choice because the DA20s in my Aeroclub have a GNC.
But in the configuration of the DA20 Aerosoft, the RADIO REALISTIC option remained checked, so it could not work.

After correction :
-> My radio works normally
-> MF is working normally. The display and scrolling in the MF window is a little slower under P3D than under FSX but not much, so it’s not a problem.

Another difference I had forgotten:
Under Windows 7 all my aircraft settings are kept by creating a default flight.
Under Windows 10 the settings are not kept in the default flight!!!

Those are my conclusions, so, MF is not responsible.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my messages and for helping me to find a solution.

Friendly.
Thierry
[Last edited by Thierry70, 2019-05-11 11:39]
2019-05-11 11:30
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2