MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
Tuna
Hi all,

I'm using Arduino 2560 R3 with MobiFlight for 737 overhead and almost done with it. But I'm having an issue with main battery switch.

When I switch of PMDG 737's main battery switch, all lights are turning off in FSX but FSUIPC doesn't sent this information to MobiFlight, as a result, all of the lights on my external overhead panel are staying lit even I've switched off main battery switch.

Is this because of FSUIPC, Mobiflight or PMDG?

Thanks in advance!
2016-02-20 12:24
DocMoebiuz
Hi Tuna,

you currently have to duplicate each line and work with a precondition.
On the precondition you can evaluate another Offset and if the Master Switch is 0 then you statically set the output to off.

I was already thinking about how to solve this easier in the UI.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - MSFS2020, FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2016-02-20 13:46
Tuna
Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried to set a precondition but I'm receiving "Precondition is not satisfied" error.

I set a "master battery" output for reading FSUIPC master battery situation and created a crossfeed duplicate. Then added "master battery = 0 (AND)" precondition to crossfeed duplicate but as I said above, it says "precondition is not satisfied".
2016-02-20 16:13
DocMoebiuz
If precondition is not satisfied then the Master Battery Offset has another value. You can check the current value in the output list in the column after description. What value does it show there?
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - MSFS2020, FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2016-02-21 12:24
Tuna
Hi Sebastian,

Master switch has 0 or 1 value depending on the plane's battery situation, so, master battery switch value is correct. I saw your tutorial about preconditions, done the same steps, but I'm still receiving same "not satisfied error".
2016-02-21 16:53
DocMoebiuz
Can you share a screenshot of your setting?
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2016-02-21 16:55
Tuna
Of course;

I think we can't upload photos here, right? I found a website for image sharing; here is the link: https://www.yogile.com/pml5u67y#41m
2016-02-21 17:22
pizman82
Supporter
I Think you got the wrong setting.....
In your first posting you told that FSUIPC not change it´s informations... So the Value from the LED offset will be already "1" when the Master is off.....

In Youre precondition you say..... Only work when Master=0 AND LED=0 ..... So it wont work cause the LED isn´t "0" in this situation you suscribe.

I Think the Precondition should be this....

In the Original LED Output get a condition "Only Work when Master=1"
In the duplicate Output get the Condition "Only Work when Master=0"

After that you need to use the Compare Function in the duplicate Output and Say "$=0"

In that way with batary ON all Normal Outputs work... When batary OFF all Duplicate Outputs work (Normal are disabled than) AND all duplicate Outputs will change the Value to "0" no mater what there actual value is at this moment.

Hope that helps !
Good Luck !
2016-02-23 22:52
Tuna
Hey Pizman82.

Thank you very much! I got it worked with your way.

But; when battery switch is off, original led output says "precondition is not satisfied", and as I turn battery switch on, precondition led output says "precondition is not satisfied" but all leds are turning off and on with the battery switch. Should I be worried about it?
2016-02-24 23:17
DocMoebiuz
If you have two configs with a precondition each that is opposite of the other, the messages make sense.

But I don't understand what you mean, that the LED always turns on /off with the battery switch and why you ask whether to worry or not.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2016-02-25 20:37
pizman82
Supporter
Thats No Problem....

Normaly that aleart shows you that there is a Problem with the preconditions. It tell you that THIS Config Entry NOT work at the moment cause there is a precondition thats not True at the moment..... On the beginnning I was confused too, cause it looks like a error.

BUT: In this situation we WANT exactly this !!!

As long as the Master Switch is ON... ALL "Duplicate" entrys neet to say "precondition is not satisfied". And when the Master Switch is OFF that Duplicate entrys should work and all Standart Entrys need to show "precondition is not satisfied".

All fine. Have fun !
Good Luck !
2016-03-02 15:55
Tuna
Now I understand, thank you very much for detailed explanation! Works perfect.
2016-03-02 23:19
Renato
Hello,

I am trying to config the master switch, But I am not getting to do it.
I want to turn off the Led’s when I shut down the aircraft.

May you help to do the right config, please?
2019-07-22 16:52
pizman82
Supporter
Hi. All this is eyplaned multiple times.... Please use search function with "battery" e.g. You find a lot of Topics that explane the "double LED Config" System.

Else please tell us your exact problem.... Then i try to help !
Good Luck !
2019-07-22 23:58
Renato
Hi,

Thanks for reply me!

I tried to do all the config above, but i didn't successful.

How can I get to config the Master Battery Switch to turn off an turn On?

Is it possible to use only the Master switch to light all Overhead and other Led´s? Or I need to tell for all Led's each system that I want to turn Off or Turn On using the precondition?

I am sorry, can um give me the step by step, please?

Thanks!
2019-07-23 01:57
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2