MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Stevesmith72
Hi
This is my first time on the forum's came across a problem with my two EFIS encoders yesterday i can program em in and they work fine its just when close mobiflight the configs disappear has anyone else had this problem
Thanks Steve
2019-03-17 12:38
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Thats not normal.

Whatever i not know your settings.... i not know if you use a AddOn like PMDG or a other Software.
Also i can not "understand" waht you mean with "config disappere". Is the Divise on Arduino gone ? Is the Config Line goen is the complete mcc file gone ?

Basicly if it work fine but after closing MF and restart the Data is gone than you have a SAVE Problem.
Please confirm you install Mobiflight in a NON Protected Folder. ( For example /programmfilsx86 is protected )
Also confirm the mcc file is located also in a non protected folder.

So check... Do you SAVE your file corectly after create the Encoder stuff.
Check the folders
Try to run MF as Admin !
Good Luck !
2019-03-17 14:41
Stevesmith72
Hi
Thankyou for the speedy reply
My mobiflight is saved in the programme x86 folder is that wrong?
Also it is the offset configs that are not saving only for those two encoders for captain side efis it stays in the arduino folder I've tried shorting the description also i have yet to try deleting and and reuploading
If that is the wrong folder can i just move it another without losing all my configs or do you copy the file to another
Thankyou for your time and patience

Steve
2019-03-18 07:35
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Again

Basicly YES.

Mobiflight is normaly just a self exttracting File that create a folder ( with subfolders) and is not a real "installation".
So basicly you can simply copy the whole "/mobiflight" folder into another spot.
Normaly this should give no problems.

Whatever i would simply install it again on a correct spot. Simply copy the Config files you need. *.mcc files OR *.mfmc files in that case.

About your reported situation.

The Devices are correctly saved, cause this is not a file.... This Data is written direct on the Arduino Memory. ( This Data also NOT get lost if you delete the Mobiflight Folder)

Basicly let me say its high recommend to install ALL Programmes not in those folders. In that folder a Save is not directly possible. ( Thats why most programmes also create a additional folder in the /Userfiles/Documents/xxx subfolder to save data.)
Most Cockpitbuilders finaly work with a own Harddisk or a Partition. Then you have never problems !
Good Luck !
2019-03-18 09:53
Stevesmith72
Hi
Thanks agen for the response
Do i need to copy mf folder to my documents somewere?
Also is there certain pins on the arduino you should avoid I'm sure you should avoid pins 1,51,52 also analogue is there certain pins for encoders reason for asking I've had problems with encoders before sometimes they work and sometimes they don't
Thanks again

Steve
2019-03-18 14:08
Stevesmith72
Hi
Sorry i missed this out from my last reply
When you say save correctly
I save setting by clicking save in the top left corner of the config page is that correct or is it in the file tab

Thanks

Steve
2019-03-18 14:12
pizman82
Supporter
Not so many things mixed in one Topic please.

1. Correct Saves
You can use the SAVE Field . You can use the SAVE in Dropdown of "File" Tab. This is like the "Save As" you know from Texteditors.
Finaly Mobiflight will also AutoSave a Config if you change something and you close Mobi..... Then there is a aleart like " Non saved changes... Do you want to save"

Whatever you use... Your problem is that the location of the Save File ( And also the complete Mobiflight) is in a "seccured Folder". THERE is a write protection. Whatever you klick Save.... it will NOT be saved (Cause file is protected) .... There is also no Warning.

Basicly it´s enough to simply save your file somewhere else like on Desktop on c:/test or another spot. Then your problem is still solved.
BUT If Mobiflight need to change a file ( In case of a Update maby) there is also probelmatic in case of securred Folders.

SUMMARY: Simply install MF in a non protected folder and all is fine. ( Also ALL other Programms like Simulator, ArduinoIDE , AXE and whatever you use.

Pins:
- At the moment only Pin 0 and 1 are blocked and not for personal Use. I not know about Problems with other Pins (Include 51,52)
- The Analog Pins are Dead.... Cause Mobiflight basicly not support Analog Data.
- The Pins 20 and 21 are used for IC2 Ports. If you have no LCD Display you can work with..... But if you create that device on Arduiono then the Pins are not longer usable for other Devices
- Encoders not need special Pins ( We not work with the PWM System)... You can set your encoder free on Pins 2-53

About Question : "Do i need to copy mf folder to my documents somewere?"
Sorry i not understand this question. What do you mean with doccuments here ?
Good Luck !
2019-03-18 16:26
Stevesmith72
Hi
Sorry for asking to many topics
What i mean by documents somewere is
Basically were is the best place to install mobiflight

Thankyou

Steve
2019-03-18 17:00
pizman82
Supporter
Ahh Ok.

Best place is basicly a not secured folder ;) as i said.

But advanced Cockpit builders would agree with me when i say....
Simply make a Partition or use a Own Harddisk for your Stuff.

On My system on C: ( Main harddisk) is Only "Windows" and nothing else.
My First HD is formated into 2 Disks (C: for Windows and D: for all other Programms)
Finaly i got 2 additional HD´s for Data ( E: F: )

So System on HD1 C: .... Games, Textprogrammes, Office Stuff ,Simulator and Programmes like Mobiflight on HD1 D: ..... And Things like Pictures, Videos, Music etc on HD 2 and HD3

Summary there is no Rule.... Do it like you enjoy ! Just not get into protected folders !
Good Luck !
2019-03-18 17:27
Stevesmith72
Hi
Thankyou
Done all that solved the saving problem out but now i have another problem with my two EFIS encoders they will not work
Tested connectors wiring all good offsets correct basically the config is bang on got a reading on ohm meter got light blink on arduino but not picking up the encoders in debug mode in mobi and not controlling aircraft is there something else i can try

Thankyou

Steve
2019-03-19 09:26
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Steve,

if Mobiflight shows no response in debug mode, then something seems to be wrong with the wiring.

If the wiring is correct, something will also be displayed in debug mode.

If something is displayed in debug mode, Mobiflight can also process something in run mode. If it still does not work then it could be the EventIDs or the parameters.

Please take as parameter for ON LEFT 8192 and for ON RIGHT 16384 and report the result.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-19 12:28
icon