MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 0123Go to page 2Go to page 3
gt

Im trying to use Servo with Offset 0BC1 for Stab trim indicator (needle)

the problem is when trim is up the reading from MF is from 0 to 52 and its working fine-servo moving from center to right all the way in steps

when trim down the reading is 255 to 236 and than servo get crazy-from center the servo goes left in one step all the way

any idea how to solve it?

Best regards
Guy
[Last edited by gt, 2019-03-17 11:43]
2019-03-17 09:39
pizman82
Supporter
Wrong Offset:

iconQuote:

0BC0 2 Elevator trim control input: –16383 to +16383 Ok-SimC Ok-SimC
0BC2 2 Elevator trim indicator (follows input) Ok-SimC No

So 0BC1 is just a "half" of the First Offset... If you use 2 Byte size then its completly wrong cause you use half of first and half of second offset also inverted.

Please check 0BC2 2 Byte. Value is -16383 to +16383
In Case a Sero needs positive Values to work you finaly need a Transform here to.

Maby this old topic helps you.... In German but you can translate !
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/7708.html
Good Luck !
2019-03-17 14:58
gt
Hey pizman and thank you for your fast Replay.

I use stepper motor for the trim wheel indicator with OBC2 2 bytes and its working fine reading is (-) 5016 to (+) 13336

For the trim needle i try to work with servo under offset OBC1 bytes 1 . As i say. From 0 to 52 the servo working fine. From 0 (255) to 236(no minus in this reading) the servo is jump to the end without steps.
In the servo OBC1 i change from min -16383 to max 16383 but still the same

I didnt try your second solutions ....maybe im missing something ...

Thanks
2019-03-17 18:14
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

how about entering the following with TRANSFORM: $+16383

Then you covered the double range, but the range of numbers goes from 0 (-16383) to 32766 (+16383). Then there are only positive values for the servo
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-17 23:17
pizman82
Supporter
Again my friend.

icongt:

I use stepper motor for the trim wheel indicator with OBC2 2 bytes and its working fine reading is (-) 5016 to (+) 13336
For the trim needle i try to work with servo under offset OBC1 bytes 1 .

Whatever you use a Stepper Motor for Trim wheel or you use a Servo for "needle".... You need a existing and correct Offset.

0BC1 - Size 1 Byte is NOT a working offset !

You can use 0BC0 ( Size 2 Byte INT) OR 0BC2 (Size 2 Byte INT) ..... Both looks basicly simmular as i tested ( Whatever i recommend 0BC2 like i use finaly)

About Settings for Servo you can check the linked Topic..... PMDG not goes from -16383 to +16383 ... You will see the lowest value in PMDG is maby "MINUS -5000"
So a Transform "$+5000" occure in a always positive Value. The Highest Value is maby 16384 ( With the Add of 5000 its 21384)

So your Servo settings are finaly.... MIN 0 MAX 21384 Rotation ???? ( So many Degrees your Servo can work and needed for your gauge)
Good Luck !
2019-03-18 01:08
gt
i will try it later on and update

best regards
2019-03-18 08:28
gt

its working like magic :)

Best Regards
Guy
2019-03-18 18:56
gt
Just wanted to ask also...if i can build rudder trim indicator ( the one at the pedstal) with lcd display 6012 ?
Regards
2019-03-19 13:23
pizman82
Supporter
What is a "LCD Display 6012 ?

Rudder Trim is also a Value .... I think also from Minus -xxx to Plus +xxx .

Show it with a Motor is no Problem....
Show it with a Display is not so easy ( at the moment)

You can use a Display and show for example " Rudder Trim: XXXX "
XXXX is a Value like -100 to +100
Pretty sure we can Build a System that use Text for Left and Right and Center .....
Then Your Display show for example Text like "L10" - "L09" - "L08" ...... "CENTER" .... "R01" - "R02" .... "R10"

What YOU need is a "bar" like this.....

We talk about that at last meeting.
Sebastian will check this.... But not wait for this within the next months..... This is more like a long time suggestion. Not a planed Feature in progress.

Summary. I would work with the LCD Text solution i tell above .... If BarGraphs comes into MF then rework it ( Or use a Non Mobiflight external system already today)
Good Luck !
2019-03-19 16:03
gt

So...for now if there is a way to connect this lcd 1602 to MF....and get"'just" the bars sign to work?

If yes...can you pls help me with offsets?

Regards
2019-03-19 16:25
pizman82
Supporter
No.

That "Bar" Sign is not possible at the moment ( As i said maby in far future)

Please read my posting again.... You can Only show the Value on a Display as a Number
Maby with some skills we can use Words/Chars like LEFT - L - RIGHT - R - CENTER -C instead..... But Finaly it is still a Number or a Character-Number Combination.
Using a graphical Bar is not possible with MF at The Moment.
Good Luck !
2019-03-19 16:40
gt
Pizman ...i hope i understand you...so just numbers can be displayed (?) If yes....can you pls let me know the offset?

Regards
2019-03-20 06:29
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Guy,

look into the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf in the Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder.

Example: 0x0488 8 Rudder trim axis input, 64-bit floating point (double), read-only
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-20 11:02
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I would choose ....
iconQuote:

Offset 0C04 Size 2 Byte INT Rudder trim value/control: –16383 to +16383

Looks like the simmular offset like the elevator Trim. But maby Stephans suggestion is also ok.... Not use it till now.
Also 0C0A is interesting.... But maby this is not the trim, thats the real rudder i think

Simply workflow like always.....

Create a New Config.

Creat Output Config Lines in the number of Offsets you like to test.
Read one of the Offsets in Each config.
You need NO Devices like Motors and so on.
RUN Mobiflight and Sim and load your PMDG
Then Simply change the Rudder Trim by using the irtual Button.

Observe all Config Values ( FSUIPC Value , and Output Value Collums in the Mobiflight Window)

Find out: What Offset show correct moving of Rudder Trim..... If more possible Offsets, WHAT is the most comfortable and logical.

Finaly Create a LCD Config and think about HOW you can use this Data in a optical good way for You.

For Example the easyest solution is something like Rudder : %%%%%%
The other System i told you are personal reworks. With Multiple Configs and some Transforms, Compares and Maby Preconditions we should be able to create something special.
For Example The words "LEFT" if Value is less then Zero ..... The Word CENTER if Value is Zero ( Or nearby Zero) and the Word RIGHT if Value is Bigger then Zero.
Maby we can also make a Optical System that your Display show in the Middle the Word CENTER....But show on same Spot a Number from 0-100 when a Trim is in action.... Also Show the Words LEFT/RIGHT what is currently used.... And the Words are on Left or Right side on Display.... And a arrow symbol on the other Looks like

Line 1: _____ RUDDER _____ :::::: _____ RUDDER _____ ::::: _____ RUDDER ______
Line 2: LEFT...... 40 ...... <--- ::::::. . ---> . CENTER .<--- ::::: . .---> . . . .55. .RIGHT

EDIT: Sorry for the Points.... The Forum Script not allowed me to make something like grafic here.... Hope you understand the logic
I think thats possible.... But i need to figure out by testing !
[Last edited by pizman82, 2019-03-20 12:43]
Good Luck !
2019-03-20 12:32
gt
Stephan...pizman ...this is NASA stuff.... :w00t:

So...if i try one of this two offsets you offer ..i should see any kind of view on the 1602 display?

Regards
2019-03-20 22:05
Go to page 1Go to page 0123Go to page 2Go to page 3