MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Martin
Hello, I am armed my simulator with FSX - a320 aerosoft, I have two LCD screens for altitude, VS, CRS etc. I already change the address to the second screen that I identify as X026. When loading it into the mobifligth in extras, it identifies it, but when I go to outputs it generates a conflict and the configuration made in extras setting is erased and the arduino card is not recognized.
I am placing on pins 20 and 21 arduino mega, using a proto-board to physically connect the two LCD 2x16.

someone can help me with the subject. Thank you
2019-03-11 16:10
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I not understand completly your workflow....

iconMartin:

. I already change the address to the second screen that I identify as X026. When loading it into the mobifligth in extras, it identifies it, but when I go to outputs it generates a conflict and the configuration made in extras setting is erased and the arduino card is not recognized.

Do you "change" the settings of the first LCD Display ?? Or do you create a second NEW one with the other adress ?

What do you mean with "identifies" ??? If you create a device there is no identification.... Whatever you use a wrong adress.... there is no Error warning cause mobiflight can not see if a device is exist or not..... it must belive in your entrys.

Basic technic.
Create Display 1 ( With Adress of that Display )
Create Display 2 ( With the adress of display 2)
NOTE Both adresses must be different ! If its the same then both Displays show the SAME Data.... If you try to use 2 Configs individual for each Display and they have the same adress then your config will crash !
After That you must UPLOAD the Configs.
THEN you must restart the Arduinos and also Mobiflight software. ( After every new device Upload a Restart of Arduino is high recommend)

NOW if you have 2 different adressed Displays normaly after power up of Arduino Mega both Displays should show "Mobiflight Rocks"
If yes then "normaly" both should be ready to work !
Good Luck !
2019-03-11 16:33
Martin
Hi Thanks for your quick response, I perform the steps that you tell me:
both with different address 0x27 and 0x26

in both he appears with "Mobiflight Rocks"

But when I charge the mobifligth again, it does not recognize the arduino card, it remains blank as if I had not made any load and I have to load it again with a backup and eliminate the screen 2 so that it recognizes and runs the rest.

Thank you
2019-03-11 18:47
pizman82
Supporter
hhhm.

Please confim you use Mobifligh 7.5.2 (Live version)

I remember with 7.5.0 there was a problem with multiple LCD on one Board.
With 7.5.2 this should be fixed.

Just for information..... Do you have a second Arduino Mega ? If yes can you test what happend if you set Display 1 to Arduino 1 and Display 2 to Arduino 2 ?

If there is a Problem with 2 Displays on one Board we need to check this. Myself i got only one LCD display here.... So i can not rebuild this.
Maby a other User here own 2 Displays and can check this to confirm the bug!
Good Luck !
2019-03-11 22:49
Martin
Thank you
2019-03-12 14:03
icon