MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
oscarbcn78
Hi,

I am writting to this forum because I have tried the parking break led example described in the website and it doesn´t work.

I have Arduino Mega 2560. I have installed Arduino IDE and MobiFlight Connector, everything is correct. "FSUIPC" and "Modules" indications show green ticks.

In the main screen when I press Test the corresponding line in the software and the led are blinking, so the electrical connections are correct. And when I press "Test" in the "Display" screen the led turns on, and when I press "Stop" the led turns off, so far so good!

Then I start Prepar3D, and press Run in MobiFlight. When I put parking brakes on (with the corresponding Saitek lever), the light doesn´t turn on, or it turns on the first time but when I put my parking breaks off the light remains on. It seems like there is some problem with the connectivity between MobiFlight and FSUIPC.

Please could you help me?

Thank you so much!!
2019-03-10 19:55
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
About your Problem.

If Test in Main window and also Test in Display Tab of the Config is working then electirical Setup is fine.

The Problem is in Software part. So possible isues....

1. Problem with FSUIPC Data (Wrong version )
Please confirm you have a Up to Date FSUIPC installed. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
Use correct version ..... Whatever you use P3D V3.x or V4.x they are different !

2. Problem in AddOns
Check if Parking Brake work fine if you use a Standard Aircraft and NOT a AddOn like PMDG
Normaly Parking Brake is fine but "maby" a addon can make trouble here

3. Problem with Hardware Inputs.
Maby your Saitek Leaver is the Problem and need to get reworked in the Software.
Please simply test the Parking Brake by using the Original Key Command in Prepare3D INSTEAD of your Saitek Button/Switch.
(Use Key Command or klick the Parking Brake leaver in the virtual cockpit by Mouse)

4. Wrong Config.
Mostly a issue in your config is the nature of problem. Check if you use correct Offset and Values.
Good Luck !
2019-03-11 11:47
oscarbcn78
Hi,

With a Prepar3D airplane it works. So the problem is with PMDG 737NGX. What´s the solution?

Thank you.
2019-03-11 20:51
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi oscarbcn,

for the parking break lever of PMDG B737NGX use the EventID 65752. Note it's a toggle
For the parking break LED use the offset 0x65A7.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-11 22:10
Gemu
iconQuote:

The Problem is in Software part. So possible isues...

To complete the list:

5. No SDK entry in 737NGX_option.ini?

iconCode:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1
EnableCDUBroadcast.0=1
EnableCDUBroadcast.1=1
2019-03-11 23:09
StephanHo
Supporter
right, thanks for the hint, Gemu. I like to forget that...
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-11 23:15
pizman82
Supporter
Thats it.

If you controll the Brake with the PMDG Input you must also read the PMDG Output
(As Gemu said..... You must enable that Data Broadcast in the INI File to be able to read PMDG internal Data)

The other way ist tt work with P3D internal Parking brake ( Via EventID and Offset)
Here you must controll it in P3D and you must "read" also the P3D offset.

NOT mix both systems .

Note: PMDG use for "Set Chocks" also a kind of Parking Brake offset.
Please try out witch system is "better" for you!
Good Luck !
2019-03-11 23:18
oscarbcn78
Thank you so much to everybody! I am making progress with MobiFlight!

But in which screen and field inside MobiFlight can I introduce the "EventID" code 65752 or the "Offset" code 0x65A7?
2019-03-12 21:03
pizman82
Supporter
First you must know what you need....

Input ( Like Button / Switch) or Output (Like LED)

Create a config ( Input or output.... that what you need)

In the INPUT Configs you got the FSUIPC Tab.... There you choose a "Typ" of Command you like to execute.
There is a Dropdown you can choose..... FSUIPC Offset, EventID, or other things like Vjoy or LuaMacro
If you like to send a Event ( like 65752) you choose EventID ..... there you use that ID and you also need a Parameter. For PMDG the parameter are listed in the last page.
Check this.... http://myhomecockpit.de/PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf

For a OUTPUT its more easy. A Output MUST use FSUIPC Offset..... No other options ar available.
Simply use here the Offsetadress ( 65A7) and also the Size in bytes and the Typ ( like INT, FLT, STRG) You get this informations also in the PMDG Offset Lists .PDF!
Good Luck !
2019-03-12 21:13
StephanHo
Supporter
It's the same like the tutorial above. Only swap the FSX offset/EventID with the ones from PMDG
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-12 22:20
oscarbcn78
Uuuooouuu!!! In fact I didn´t need to have a parking break led, that was a simple test. And thanks to your quick explanation, I got my FLT ALT working with a rotary encoder! Thank you very much! Now I understand how to program MobiFlight. The only thing is that I had to put the parameter 2147483647 for right direction instead of 2147483648 because the maximum permitted was 2147483647, but it works perfectly!!
2019-03-13 18:40
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi oscarbcn,

you took the parameter for the right single mouseclick. If you use for ON LEFT the parameter 8192 and for ON RIGHT 16384 (Mousewheel up/down) you have the right parameters.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-13 19:08
pizman82
Supporter
Yes... those Encoders normaly use Mousewheel UP and DOWN .

By the Way.

Your right. The Right Single Click is a bit problematic in case Mobiflight and PMDG work different (Signet/Unsigned INT)
To make a Rightclick the correct Value is MINUS - 2147483648 (Whatever your way should work maby too)
Good Luck !
2019-03-13 19:24
oscarbcn78
But do you thing that I can have trouble configuring as I did? I works well... But if you recommend to configure as you told me I will do this way.

Right now I tried with Event ID for FLT ALT, LAND ALT, AC / DC selectors, and IRS selectors. All of them work well.
2019-03-13 19:28
StephanHo
Supporter
Both is working well. But if you use the Right-Single-Click for FLT ALT you have to click once for every 500ft. If you use the Mousewheel paramter you will be a bit faster.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-03-13 19:48
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2