MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
herbiem
Hi team
I am back on and trying to complete my FSX C172 panel Almost there and looking good:thumbup:
I am adding a 16x2 LCD to display to show the Time,Temp and Volts
Here is what I have done
LCD display config - Set the Display tab with the place holders that I want on the LCD screen. ( nothing else set)
When I press "Test" the information is shown on the LCD. No problems here
When I press "Stop" the information stays on the LCD screen this is also OK I think

The problem I have is when I press the Green RUN triangle the information does not show ( the LCD remains lit but no information showing)
When I press Red Stop square the information shows again
For the Config of the place holders I have used only the FSUIPC tab and entered the Offset . No Compare,Display or Precondition used
I have watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0tvTbaEnI and read this artical https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/838.html and note that he to had a small problem but worked after a stop and Run again but this does not work for me
I am not sure what I have wrong and any help once again would be great
Ian
2019-02-26 09:14
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Please explaine what you mean with "information"

Do you mean the Real Value ?? Or do you mean the "TEXT" on the Displays.

In the Video for example the first Line show "COM1: ???.??" and while Running "COM1: 118.70"
Here "COM1: . " is TEXT .... ??? ?? is PLACEHOLDER and 118.70 is VALUE.

Please Tell us. WHAT is shown in TEST Mode and WHAT is shown in RUN Mode.

Without more information i just can gues the issue....

Check the follow...
1. LEDConfig is flaged as ACTIVE
2. All 3 Data Configs ( Volts, Temp, time) are Active and work correct ( Check Output Value while RUN Mode)
3. All 3 Placeholder are marked ACTIVE in the LCD Config and you use correct Placeholder Symbols !
Good Luck !
2019-02-26 11:08
herbiem
Hi pizman82
I will try and explain again to make it clearer
'Mobieflight Rocks' is on the LCD display
Start Mobieflight then go to Outputs Tab -
Configure Display line - LCD Time Hrs - click the 3 dots - click FSUIPC tab and select 'Date - Hour of local time' from the User preset drop down - then USE then -OK Tick the active box
LCD click the 3 dots then enter go to the 'Display tab' in the screen image I enter ?? hrs ( just trying one line to show Local time Hours)?? Then select from the drop down the config I set up for LCD Time Hrs and tick the use box
Press 'Test' I get ?? hrs I think this is correct
Press Stop and display still shows ?? hrs Then OK
Now when I press the Green RUN triangle the information does not show ( the LCD remains lit but no information showing)
When I press Red Stop square the information shows again ie.the current time hrs
I hope this is a little easier to understand
Ian
2019-02-28 05:07
pizman82
Supporter
iconherbiem:

Hi pizman82
Press 'Test' I get ?? hrs I think this is correct
Press Stop and display still shows ?? hrs Then OK

Now when I press the Green RUN triangle the information does not show ( the LCD remains lit but no information showing)
When I press Red Stop square the information shows again ie.the current time hrs
I hope this is a little easier to understand
Ian

Hi

At First... If the used Placeholder Setting you choose the Config "LCD Times Hrs" also use the Symbol "?" Then your setting is correct. Check this !
( If it use for example "%" instead then the ? is like text and can not show a value.... So get sure you use correct placehodler here )

What i already not understand is the follow comment " The information does not show"
If you press RUN.... What is shown on the Display ??
Does it show NOTHING ???
Does it show " hrs" ( so the placeholder is "empty" and it show only the "hrs" text )
Does it show "00 hrs" ( correct Data but not the hrs.... 00 instead)
Does it show " ?? hrs" (it show text but no placeholder value... just the placeholder Symbol )

I´m sorry but i can not understand the term "no information" here.

What i think....
In past i got here the problem it show only " _ _ hrs" ( _ means a empty position)
Thats cause Mobiflight will "update" a value only if it change in the sim or if you click on it one time.

Please try the follow.
Press RUN
Now open the Display Config ( by clicking the "..." spot) and close it again ( all while RUN is active)
Does it fix the Problem ?
If Not open the Data Config ( LCDtime hrs) same way by clicking the "..." spot and close it again.
Does ths fix the Problem ?

You can also Save your Config and restart mobiflight (And Arduino) ..... Then it should work.
THIS is a problem on 7Segment and LCD while building your configs. This happens NOT while you run it in your final project.
Good Luck !
2019-02-28 15:50
herbiem
Back on to getting this sorted and guess what all done:thumbup:
Problem was although I had Mobieflight Rocks showing on the LCD screen, when I pressed the Green RUN triangle the screen dimmed and I could not see the outputs
I found this by unclcking the Active box off all my configs except the ones I was trying to show on the LCD.
Turned the pot on the back of the board to Max Mobieflight Rocks now showing with White lettering
I hav also add a powered USB Hub
So thanks for your help and may be this solution may help someone else
Ian
2019-03-06 00:57
icon