MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
juanfortus
:( Hi all
happy to be in this forum, I'm an amateur, and I'm trying to make my Boeing 737 flight panel home and I have problems with the flap clock with a servo, I can not make it work, someone can help me to program from scratch, I would appreciate very much your help, thanks
I've taken several tutorials but I can not place the complete parameters, and it works properly
I'm a big fan of flight simulation, and I like to learn as well as spread my knowledge with whoever needs them.
2019-02-20 00:23
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Welcome !
Keep cool... We all here startup at beginning and have our misstakes and problems.

Badly i must tell you i can´t ( and dont want) give you a full tutorial.
All the Information you need is still explaned at least 10-20 times in multpiple topics here in Forum. ( Especialy for PMDG)

Pretty sure i will help you if you get stuck on a point and you have a specific question.... But the full tutorial can be simply learnd when you use SEARCH Button !

About Basic technic....

1. Define the optic of gauge you like.... Should it be simmular to the original Boeing PMDG ? If Yes then this is a "NON LINEAR Guge with 2 Needles and a 270° angle.
Maby you will use only 1 Needle ( much more easy to build).

2. Decide for correct Hardware.... if you like a 270° Gauge you can not use a 180° Servo....
For Servo use buy a 360° Servo OR Use a cogweel to make a 180° Servo 1:2 into a 360° Servo.
I personaly would use here a STEPPER instead of a Servo !

3. Read Out PMDG Offset for Flaps ( More easy as using the FSX/P3D Stock Offset) you find correct Offset in the PMDG Offset Lists.

4. Create a Interpoaltion System.... In Case Gauge is Non Linear and Offset is Linear (0-40) You must interpolate eery single detent (0,1,2,.... until 40 )

5. For PMDG you must multiply the Raw Value.... Mobiflight not see decimal values for Motors.... So 0 to 1 or 1 to 2 will not be smoothe ( Raw value use decimal numbers)

6. Setup your Motor Servo or Stepper to correct values you use in interpolation.

Please try out youreself.... You will see thats not difficult ! If you hae Problems please request here again. i will have a look on it then!
Good Luck !
2019-02-20 06:14
juanfortus
Thank you for your answer

, I am a newbie, how can I upload photos to the forum, to better explain what I am doing so that they suggest me how to correct an error, thanks

https://subefotos.com/ver/?6d4216fdf3b21935042e043f69856e37o.jpg
[Last edited by pizman82, 2019-02-21 15:22]
I'm a big fan of flight simulation, and I like to learn as well as spread my knowledge with whoever needs them.
2019-02-21 13:17
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
No prob if your a beginner.... Just startup to learn the basics with "Try and Error" technic or by reading a lot of stuff.

About your Picture.... Thats right. MF Forum not allow to upload Photos. You need a Filehoster or a own Webspace.
Then you can Link the Pictures.... Or you can Use the "Image" Button to include a Picture directly ( Get sure of right size)

About Your Problem.
The Picture show only the Output Tab. I can not see anything. Looks like you have 2 Configs for Flap Servo ( Both on same Offset)
For help i need to see the settings of this configs.

Whatever you not need to show me picutures of every page.... Simply follow the steps above.

Tell me WHAT you like to do.... WHAT you still do already .... and Whats the point of Problem you get stuck.... then i will help you !
Good Luck !
2019-02-21 15:26
juanfortus
Thank you very much:blush:

, what I have done is to follow a tutorial in which they took the last step of configuration, nothing clear, in the left to do the two configurations, what I do not get is that both configurations share the same pin mobiflight does not let me , and then, the interpolarization values ​​of both flaps and flaps02 do not know what they are so I'm stuck in this dilemma and when I leave the mobiflight, the servo stays making a very low noise as if it were energized, I do not understand what I'm doing wrong

thank you very much

I will continue trying and investigating if there is an example that can serve me and find the solution
2019-02-21 15:56
pizman82
Supporter
hhhm.

You startup in a high advanced Point without know about the basics.

For example it is not possible to controll a Servo with 2 Configs same time .... Only with preconditions but this is a complete other system and not need for a Flap Gauge.

I don´t know your tutorial guide but pretty sure they use 2 Configs in case the orignal Gauge in Boeing got 2 Needles ( Left Flap and Right Flap)
This is verry advanced to build... you need here 2 Servo Motors and a lot of cogwheels and a special designed Shaft in shaft System. ( Not for beginners at all)

Also the Flaps Gauge itself is the most difficult thing you can build with a Motor in a B737 Cockpit ! All other gauges are more easy at starting your project.

I Recommend:
Start to understand the Servo .... The Mobiflight Settings and the Basic stuff.
Use for example a simple Bool Offset like LED Anounciator of Flightdirector.
Read it out with a config bot not wire a LED.... Use Sero as Device. Here for example Min Value = 0 Max Value = 1 Rotation 100%
You will see.... if Light is OFF the servo us Zero.... If Light is On the Servo is on 180°

Next Step is to work with a multiple position Offset.... For example the Data of EFIS Mode Selector Switch that can get from 0-3 ( 4 Positions)
Use again your Servo as device and say Min value =0 Max Value = 3
Now You see your servo turns in 4 Steps ... 0%....33%....66%....100%

Now you can try out Interpolation.... For example in the Mode selector switch you can say 0=0 ..... 1=50 ..... 2=60 ..... 3=200
Use in Servo Settings Min 0 Max 200
You see now that the Servo Output now is not longer linear ( The moving from 1to 2 is verry short.... the moving from 2-3 is extrem long )

Summary.
You must at first understand the System. Then you can think about the high advanced PMDG Flaps System !
Also use our Tutorial for Servo Motors https://www.mobiflight.com/en/tutorials/servo-motor-flaps-gauge.html
Good Luck !
2019-02-21 18:52
juanfortus
Thank you very much Pizman for your explanation and time

, I will take your advice, and I will tell you if I can do what I want, I am using only one servo, with a cogwheel, and I think, that I will begin to experience, since I have made the landing gear lever, with micro swich, and works great, following several mobiflight tutorials, where I got stuck is in this project, and if I manage to do it, I will upload the results to this forum, for everyone who wants to, make it also,

a greeting and many thanks again:) :thumbup:
2019-02-21 22:12
pizman82
Supporter
Thats It.

Apollogy if my words sounds hard... But i would not help you if i give you simply my settings..... If you use a Cogwheel for example all my Setup is wrong for you and won´t work.
At beginning its hard but you MUST understand the system to build a cockpit.
Copy and Paste a config from a other user will not work with Mobiflight.

Bad to say.... But if a User like a absolute easy system like "Download Software - Install - Start Flying" then you should buy a premade Panel with own Software like VRinsight.
With a self build Hardware every gauge is different.... So there exist no "solution" that workes for everybody.
But sure.... If you start learning and already not be able to fix this please call me. (Via Email then) there we can work this out and i can guide you specific to your used hardware !
Good Luck !
2019-02-22 01:11
juanfortus
:) Thank you

I will keep it very present, thank you for your help

regards:thumbup:
2019-02-22 15:44
juanfortus
Hello everyone and especially PIZMAN82,
who has helped me a lot in this matter, and sorry if I fly to repeat the post
First of all, I use FS2004 and Arduino Mega 2560 R3
I can not configure neither the traffic lights of flaps nor the servo
the lights get on, but they light the three together, they only turn off when it is zero, and the servo, makes a half turn and nothing else
I have the servo configured in FSUIP offset 0x6568 value type: FLOAT size in bytes: 4 and transform: $ 1000
in DISPLAY, display servo min value: 0, max value: 16383, max rotation: 75%
in COMPARE
comparison to modify the current value
if current value is:> = 0
set it to: 16383
else set it to: 0
the interpolation is not done

regarding the reliev, transit and extend flaps leds
the configuration is for
FLAPS RELIEV
FSUIP
Offset: 0x0BDC
value type: int
size in bytes: 4
no transform
COMPARE
if current value is:> 16380
set it to: 0
interpolation I do not have it
when moving the lever the values ​​that they give me are

FSUIP VALUE OUTPUT VALUE
1) 409 409
2) 819 819
5) 2047 2047
10) 4095 4095
15) 6143 6143
25) 10239 10239
30) 12287 12287
40) 16383 0
That's the values ​​that I get when I move the lever on both sides, and I'm stuck there, I've tried several combinations but I do not achieve anything, they could help me see how I can do the right thing, I'm a newbie programming
even so I managed to make the landing gear lever with three micro swich only that the off position I have not achieved it, and the landing gear leds to perfection but here I am stuck

I do not know what more information to contribute about the configurations I've made, so they know what I'm doing wrong
and many thanks in advance to all:confused:
2019-02-24 19:50
juanfortus
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fiKE46nCR_or9KRW_qYu4cXa2mFjh3gc
2019-02-25 14:21
juanfortus
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16hxFKTi14WkPmOSMQfFWSbRgaN-yQyWz
2019-02-25 14:23
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Juan,

your servo is driven wrong and also has a wrong angle of rotation.

A normal servo rotates from 0 - 180°, ie half a turn.
Then you limit the servo to a max. Rotation of 75%, ie 75% of 180° = 135°.

So your servo can only travel halfway when it really should.
You need a servo that can rotate at least 270° and not 180°.

Either you take a transmission with a ratio of 2:1 (180° servo travel are 360 ​° axis travel). Here you can then use the 75% max. rotation to limit the 270°.
For a servo with a rotation angle of 270° you have the max. rotation, so 100% rotation.

At 360° rotation angle and a limitation to 270° then the max. Rotation can be limited to 75% (= 270°).

At 270° rotation angle you set the max. Rotation to 100%

That is also the reason why your servo stops after 180°. It can not turn any further and the value is too high.

If you have these requirements, we can talk about the detents of the flaps and the needle stops in place.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-02-25 17:32
juanfortus
hello Stephanho
the servo to save that difficulty I have it installed with a gear on the shaft and another larger in the servo, to rotate those 360, according to several models that I saw in several sites what I need is to know how to configure the mobiflight so that work, what values ​​I have to assign and where they go, I just want to know, in which sites I have to put the values ​​and if I have to create output file and inputs, or only output, and what are the steps to follow
a greeting

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lrCgZs5u4tzNk_6uwwLfhRFSzpmFcm0Q
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VBmkVloyEU2608Y4q6wHkDbbGJP24Hvp
2019-02-25 20:43
juanfortus
Hello
in conf wizard in display
display setting
servo: servo flaps
Min.value: 0
Max.value: 16383
Max. rotation: 38%
in this configuration once I give test, guira parfectamente from UP to 40 flaps
now my problem is how to configure
COMPARE

greetings Juan Antonio
2019-02-25 21:22
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2