MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
DeltaBravo
Hi guys.

This programm was my favorite option, but it DON´T works in P3Dv4! The webside confuses by advertising this also for P3D!
Off course it runs, but only till v3!
Fsdisplay uses capture methods from DirectX9 and for this reason, u can´t use it under P3Dv4!
But it´s a great tool for FS9ers and Xers!

Greetz, Stephan
PMDG based 747 Homecockpit, 3 Beamer
P3Dv4.3 QOTSII FSUIPC 5full ArduinoMega vrinsight CDU2 + cpFlight 747MCP
2019-02-21 12:24
pizman82
Supporter
Thanks for infos ... I will have a look to FS Xpand next days.

I also have some new input.... Specialy to the FMC CDU and the Standby Instrument over a 3rd Party AddOn.

I will report my experience finaly here.
Good Luck !
2019-02-21 14:32
DeltaBravo
I think fs Xpand takes data out off fsuipc and they take their own graphics to display them on diffrent machines. I can't imagine, that they can rebuild a whole PMDG NAV display. But the even harder thing to rebuild, would be the EICAS displays.

Happy landings
2019-02-21 19:25
Ridgeandgable
If its just for scenery displays and not gauges. You have the option of Wideview aswell. Works very well, you can have multiple networked pc's but the server PC must have all your gauge displays as it doesn't allow gauges over the network, only outside views
2019-02-23 23:03
DeltaBravo
I´d use Wideview for many years, but on ground i had stutters while pushback and taxi. The Client needs a little time to react to Planes movement. You can´t synch the groundtraffic, but the traffic and weather could be synched since FSX.
But i don´t know how good it works. I now use Matrox TH2G and it´s fantastic. Topp performance, everthing is synched, no need to arange 3 Views.

But i think, pizman talks only about Panel outsourcing.

Stephan
2019-02-24 22:07
pizman82
Supporter
iconDeltaBravo:

But i think, pizman talks only about Panel outsourcing.

Basicly Yes.

As i said i read a lot the last days... Not on the final point but i think i have already some facts.

If my information is correct ( not testet until now) the Number of Screens is not directly limmited.... THe Limit is a Maximum Resolution in both directions and a maximum Pixel Number.
So its possible with Splitter and/or 2 Grafic-cards to set 8 or more Displays to ONE computer.
If a Screen is split via the TH2G it will be technical one screen ( as i understand) so the Limit grow up to maby 24 Screens in theory.

Finaly my intention is already to outsource those screens (Panels pretty sure) to other Computers to simply reduce use of GPU and CPU power on the Sim Computer.

For the Main Panels i think there is no good solution. If i use something like FS-Displays then the Display itself is still open on the main Computer and i need a Server Software..... Then i can use it directly on this Computer, too ( No save of CPU/GPU Power finaly)

Using a Software like Xpand is maby a solution for a Easy Standard Aircraft... But it can´t be compatible to PMDG ( ND or PFD for example)

Summary i think my new target is ..... just outsource the 2x CDU and 2x CLOCK and maby 1x Standby Instruments
For the Clock there exist good solutions....
And for the PMDG i have contact to a old friend.... I Will report if i call him next days.
Good Luck !
2019-02-26 09:18
monkeysuncle
Hi, hope it's ok to jump on an older discussion. I'm trying to distill all of the information regarding running FSX over a network, and it's all confusing. There are two things I'd like to do: 1. I'd like to display 2 outside views from a second PC. 2. I'd like to display my GPS from a second PC. My instinct is that the GPS would be the same case as any other outside view, but maybe I'm wrong. Wideview seems like a good solution for this, but the need to have identical FSX installations on both PCs makes me nervous.

For those of you looking to display gauges over a network, I suggest trying Air Manager by Siminnovations. I have all of my gauges on 2 displays each running only on a single Raspberry Pi. It is super simple to set up.

Dave
2019-08-14 20:49
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2