MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Guys.

Today i found a interesting site while searching for "Network Displays"

As you know only expensive Payware AddOns ( Like Magenta and Prosim) support us to show Displays on a Network PC ( For airbus Jeehell FMGS do that as freeware)

In case most users here work with PMDG ( to startup with cockpitbuilding with a 100$ Software) we have a big Problem....
With PMDG "normaly" all Displays must be on SAME Computer ( Multiple Monitor ) and can not be shown via Network.

Now i find this tool .... https://www.fs-displays.eu/index.php/de/

Badly the site confusing me....
While reading i found out that the programmer passed away in 2016. Also a anounced Update to v2.0 for 2016 never come allive.

Have anybody here experience with that software ? Is it still available ? And Important... Is there already a Update in progress ?
For FSX it looks perfect... But for P3D it support only V1 not V4 like today.

Whatever.... Have somebody here a idea for a alternate ?

Simply Target... Show PMDG Displays ( In FSX and P3Dv4 ) via Network on a second Computer .
Good Luck !
2019-02-15 16:42
Ridgeandgable
Hi pizman

After the guy died, someone took over his software, not sure as to who though. The software is still available through the site but is now named FSXSpy, same software.

I still use the software which is £39.99USD about £35 GBP, well worth it to send your gauges / displays to other pcs.
2019-02-18 00:10
pizman82
Supporter
Thanks for Reply.

Before i buy it i got 2 another question.... Maby you can help me.

1. Can you confirm it work only on FSX and NOT on P3Dv4 ( Dont know if you own P3D.... If ye may you can confirm)

2. If i understand correct then the Displays must be "undocked" .... Then the Software (server) see it and you can "unvisible" the Displays on the Sim-Computer.
But as i understand the windows must be "active" all the time .... Not visible but existing.

Here the question is.... Is there a problem with framerate ? Normaly multiple windows on the Sim PC ( If somebody for example move those windows to another screen) will reduce FPS extremly. When we make those windows "unvisible" .... Is there already a FPS problem or is it like the windows would not exist ?
Good Luck !
2019-02-18 12:30
Ridgeandgable
Hi Pizman

It works for P3dv1 but nothing after this so far. There was talk of updating but they were working on a way to secure the software as a lot of piracy is on the software. Maybe an update soon.

I have the software, I don't use it since building the cockpit properly, but I will install today on Windows 10 running FSX, PMDG, Active Weather Next etc all the usual addons and see how it performs and check what the framerates are doing. I'll report back here for you.
2019-02-18 14:00
StephanHo
Supporter
I tried to register there - and failed. Does not seem to work
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-02-18 14:45
Ridgeandgable
Don't register on the FS Display page, goto FSX Spy as that's the new name under the new partner.

Pizman

The quality of the outputs are not anything special that I've noticed, each additional window take about 5 frames to run, so its not a big major jump for the basic dials. I didn't bother testing the views (outside) as the image would be blurred I feel.

You have to undock the window in FSX, then run the FSX Display / Spy server, then you are able to uncheck "view", this in turn makes the display disappear from FSX and will show up in your new monitor on networked pc.

Again, it would only be an option for displays, not for outside views.

Its good basic software for 40 Euro, the concept is there but the quality of the output needs to be updated I think. I'm running AMD GRX-500 8gb Dual Cards, maybe better results on a NVidea card.

If you don't mind taking a graphics hit on the cockpit displays, then its great software. FSX Graphics on my pc I would rate a 10 out of 10, to compare that to this software, I would say 7 out of 10
2019-02-18 20:26
Gemu
iconQuote:

Normaly multiple windows on the Sim PC ( If somebody for example move those windows to another screen) will reduce FPS extremly.

I didn´t recognize a huge impact of framerates if I use only 2d panels. OK, with sight windows this could be an other case. I use 3 monitors, a 32" for the VC, a 22" for the Displays and a 27" for some 2d panels. For me it works on a GTX970 without any noticable impact.
But, if someone like to know it, I can make a test to measure the exact framerate costs when I attach the panels to the other monitors.

By that way, is it possible to fix the PMDG panels permanently on the monitors? Undock the panels on every flight to the monitors it´s a pain.

iconQuote:

Whatever.... Have somebody here a idea for a alternate ?

A good computer! :D

OK joke byside, but it seems to be possible to build a complete cockpit with motion plattform based on PMDG-737 with only one computer.
https://www.flightforum.ch/board/topic/95080-homecockpit-bauer/
Look at the posts and pics from Alpin Flier - a very interesting project.

Greetings
Gert
2019-02-18 21:20
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Gert.
Thanks for the Link.... Got 2 weeks holiday end of february.... I will read that and maby get in contact with him.

My current Problem....

My Experience in Hardware is Poor.
As i know the Limitation of Hardware occure in a maximum of 4 Screens per Grafic-Card. ( Whatever a expensive RTX 2080 also can handle only 4 Screens)
In My planing i need 13 Screens.... Pretty sure i can work with the TrippleHead2go and i can do some things like "Clock CTP and Clock FO" via a external Software like Airmanager .
But summary i need from PMDG/Sim the follow screens ....
1x Outside view ( Split via TrippleHead2Go to 3 Screens/Beamers maby)
1x CPT PFD/ND
1x FO PFD/ND
1x Upper Eicas
1x Lower Eicas
2x FCU
1x StandBy Instrument.
( And 2x clock and 1x Service Interface for settings)

You see thats 8 Screens Minimum.

Best way would be if i can set 8 Screens to One Computer.... Here i not understand myself.... If i use a second Grafic Card.... ( I Know this is possible with Nvidia)
BUT. Do this just increase Grafic Power and memory OR can i use another 4 screens (4+4=8) with the second card ?
If i understand correct then Windows itself have a limitation of 4 Screens in a system.
So with a second card i can not use more then 4 screens afterall. ( Not sure)

Thats why i finaly think about a second ( or third) Computer.... 4 Screens are no problem with a Graka like Nvidia 1070 or a RTX2080
If i can handle the data via network this would be the easyest solution i think. 3 Computer withe each 4 Screens
Alternate is TrippleHead2go. Basicly i can set 12 Screens on my 4 Ports .
But here i have no experience of for example Outside View is a good quality if i use it via this trippleHead..... If Not then i need 3 Ports for the Beamers and have only 1 left for 7-10 needed screens. .... thats bad :cry:

Personal Request !
Gert... Du kennst dich ja gut aus und bist aus Germany..... Könnten wir mal telefonieren. Wäre für ein paar Tips sehr dankbar !
Good Luck !
2019-02-18 23:26
Ridgeandgable
Pizman

I have at the moment 8 screens on 1 pc with no triple head as yet.

I have 2x 32inch displays for the main view
2x 21" screens for the PDF/ND Capt and F/O (Although I could use a VGA Duplicator and have a spare slot)

1x 15" for upper Eicas

1x 8" touchscreen for the CDU (again if you wanted left & right you could use a vga / hdmi splitter)

I have 1x 4" screen for VOXatc commands

and 1x 15" lower Eicas

I have a dual head splitter that I haven't installed yet, this will be for Left & right outside views.

In total at the moment 8 monitors, 1 pc, 2 graphic cards 5 ports each and I have good frame rates, I have max settings on FSX, pmdg, active sky etc, all runs smoothly. Pc cost to build was £800
2019-02-19 00:17
StephanHo
Supporter
2019-02-19 01:57
pizman82
Supporter
@ Ridge

Thanks a lot for that information with the 2 paralell grafic cards.

Just a question....

You talk about "VGA Splitter HDMI Splitter" for eample in FMC CDU .....
Is this just a "mirror" .... So Both show the same ?
I know i will fly alone... And i will use mostly only "my" CPT CDU.... BUT. Basicly both have individual "Displays" .
So a showing of same Data on both is not a solution.

Same question for the CPT and FO side PFD/ND.
Here you talk about a "VGA Duplicator" ... Don´t know that stuff. But if you also just Duplicate the screen this is not a good solution.
For example here normaly there is Terrain on One side and Wether Radar on the Other.

I just googe now and find out.... It is possible to use 2 Screens individual with a Splitter :)

But basic Question is still there Is there a Limitation in windows ?
If you use a Splitter and say in windows Setup that this are 2 individual Screens (Desktop over both Screens) Then this screens are shown as TWO Screens in Windows.
I Read somewhere that windows have itself a Limitation ( maby 8 Screens) . So Using another splitter in your 8 Screen Setup will "override" this limit if it is existing !
Good Luck !
2019-02-19 02:36
Gemu
iconQuote:

Gert... Du kennst dich ja gut aus und bist aus Germany..... Könnten wir mal telefonieren.

Ja klar, hab dir eine Mail geschickt.

@ Stephan

I know this tool, but it does not work. If I store my panels on PMDG-737, it will generate a 0.ini. But if I do an other store, for example with the 747, the tool overwrite this ini. So I can use it only with one aircraft. The ini should named like the aircraft name, but I get a 0 (Zero)
How is your ini named?
2019-02-19 03:31
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Gemu,

dann kannst du dir doch für jeden Flieger bzw. für jede Panelkonstellation eine 0.ini anlegen und diese umbenennen. Je nachdem, welche du dann brauchst, benennst du sie in 0.ini um. Dies wäre minimaler Aufwand.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-02-19 17:37
Gemu
Stimmt, das wäre eine Möglichkeit. Wenn ich die 3 ini´s mal habe, könnte ich 3 Ordner mit Kopien der Restore.exe und passender ini anlegen. Die Exen, was für eine blöde Sprache... lol, könnten dann mit unterschiedlichen Shorcuts bequem gestartet werden.
2019-02-19 22:10
Ridgeandgable
Pizman

Have you looked at FS Xpand as an option for running over networks?

Looking at it, it seems to be less buggy, and more updated than FS display
2019-02-21 00:57
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2